JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We could all be safe if government just locked everyone down in their homes, closed businesses, etc. oh yea and let's reduce speed limits to 3.5 miles per hour cuz that would reduce traffic deaths (sarcasm). This "we have to protect everyone" bs from Ds is getting old. It's not possible to protect everyone.

These are domestic terrorists plain and simple. Whether they kill for some imagined cause or out of hate doesn't matter. Psychos gonna psycho. Taking away freedoms from law abiding citizens is not going to change that. Guns weren't used on 911. They used box cutters and airplanes.

Oh by the way the murder rate with guns at the time of our founding fathers was greater than it is now. And in that environment they ensured the right of American citizens to own and carry arms for self defense.

46277AFF-2863-4EE0-A0F7-BDBC99C11B0F.jpeg

Last Edited:
I didn't say I had the correct or only answers, and I did say we would need to make big changes to things we currently do, and that we would need to stop being nice to folks and start cracking down! Your replies offer no alternates, only bravado of how many of this is an infringement or somehow takes freedoms!
Some of these ideas DO in fact infringe and DO take freedoms from a small number of folks, folks that would frankly be much happier without them, for their own good, and I further suggest that we act in a humane and caring manor! To you, that may be tyrannical, but if it's done properly in a way that folks can maintain dignity and get real help fighting their inner demons, isn't that a good thing? If we can stop certain folks disposed to violence from acting out those impulses, isn't that a good thing? If we can offer real and meaningful help to those folks, isn't that a good thing?
Many disagree with some of the ideas shared here, some for good reason, but we need to have these discussions to air those concerns so we can actually move toward improving our current situation!
Do you know what reliable metric psychiatric professionals have for future violence? We only have one. Past violence. Which means a violent attack has to occur, which means that this is minority report stuff for the most part.

I do believe that prohibitted persons likely have the greater problem of being present in normal society.

I for one am not a fan of sacrificing freedoms for the governments version of "safety."

The government is a failure. And it continues to fail drastically.

- A government is not its people.

So we have to get involved. Especially when it comes to strong/positive MALE role models. It's already been discussed. Get involved in some way with the kids (especially BOYS) that have been left behind or forgot and have no men to look up to and be taught by. Whether it's church, community programs, etc.

This has nothing to do with firearms. Mass shootings/school shootings are simply a symptom of a failing society and a decade of the ethics and morals this country was originally founded upon.
Nailed it!

Do you know what reliable metric psychiatric professionals have for future violence? We only have one. Past violence. Which means a violent attack has to occur, which means that this is minority report stuff for the most part.

And that is basically stating that a government goon (and realistically governments have a pretty poor track record of killing people who shouldn't be killed) is going to determine what freedoms they think you should have based on unscientific methodologies.
My post suggesting this specifically excludes Government from the equations, and we the people have oversight if the whole process!

I don't see how that would work.
My thinking is to privatize things, remove the government from administrative ideals ( but with funding and some limited oversight) and have actual doctors who pass muster doing what needs done, alongside public oversight to make sure folks are being treated fairly and decently! I'm sure there is more, but that's my thinking! The whole Mental Health system needs to be overhauled and privatized to remove any hunt of corruption from government or politicians, and to prevent Bureaucrats from sticking their noses in things they shouldn't!

My thinking is to privatize things, remove the government from administrative ideals ( but with funding and some limited oversight) and have actual doctors who pass muster doing what needs done, alongside public oversight to make sure folks are being treated fairly and decently! I'm sure there is more, but that's my thinking! The whole Mental Health system needs to be overhauled and privatized to remove any hunt of corruption from government or politicians, and to prevent Bureaucrats from sticking their noses in things they shouldn't!
Ironically the mentally ill you would end up with in such a location generally commit crimes at a lower rate than the general population. While I agree the whole thing needs a drastic overhaul, I fear the sane.

This is a mental health problem…not a gun problem.

Wanting to slaughter children is an extreme level of dark. It's far from normal, and even the hardest of criminals in prison will kill a person for violating children.

This is a level of evil that transcends surface level stupidity like gun control.

It's so dark, some people don't want to dig deeper and understand what's going on because they're scared of what they will find, and what the answer will be.

This is not a new problem. This started in the 80s when Reagan emptied the mental institutions creating all sorts of problems that now the public has to deal with. Not one president or politician since has addressed it...most likely because it will offend some.

Some people need to be in mental hospitals for their own good and the good of society. Rather than the gov admit their mistake, they blame law abiding citizens and continue to throw money at an issue they created and then when it doesn't work throw more money at something that doesn't or won't work again…all in the name of gun control.

Take the gloves off...remove all the coom-ba-ya labels that are placed on people etc., and go after the root problem no matter how uncomfortable that may be.

Crying about assault weapon ban when the shooter left a message outlining the school chosen was because of the lack of armed security, compared to another target is idiotic at best. This shooter killed 6 people with a so called assault weapon, the Virginia Tech shooter killed 36 with hand guns…harden the schools morons.

Israel had one school shooting in 1974, hasn't had one since…you might want to study that model.

The gov and some of the public's answer as always it's never their problem or fault, it's the gun owners fault, fault of the NRA etc., because we won't jump on their useless bandwagon.

I'm still waiting on what "Common sense gun laws" look like, and how that will solve anything.

For those who want to rid the world of guns.
There's approx 500,000,000 out there, with a large portion of those owned by people who have no intention of handing them over...then there's the hundred of thousands that no one knows where they are.
More guns were sold last Black Friday than the Marine Corps has in their inventory.
This isn't Australia...that genie isn't going back in the bottle.

The best thing that came out of this…He/Him is now Was/were

I'm going with the wood chipper with immediate news coverage showing them tossed in right then & there even if the shooter is dead!
Broadcast that every 10 minutes like the 'live coverage' guessing game bs they push right now for ratings.

And I don't need any bs opinions from some elected official about gun control and how some cockamamie law could have prevented some psyco a$$hat from committing the crime.

Dan

Most of the cumulative stresses that trigger those who are on the edge are due to government over control. Any move away from government is positive.

Govern means to control or restrict. Government's very name tells us their purpose. The trick is to find the sweet spot where we are governed to the minimum that allows us to function as a civilization, but not one grain of sand more.

This is a mental health problem…not a gun problem.

Wanting to slaughter children is an extreme level of dark. It's far from normal, and even the hardest of criminals in prison will kill a person for violating children.

This is a level of evil that transcends surface level stupidity like gun control.

It's so dark, some people don't want to dig deeper and understand what's going on because they're scared of what they will find, and what the answer will be.
And yet we still have sick fcvks that will excuse it and even defend it.

https://archive.ph/xW3Gd#selection-375.0-375.12

WHAT THE ACTUAL PHUCK???? How is any of that allowed on Twitter, especially NOW with Elon at the Helm? Isn't THAT very thing promoting violence, allowing it on the platform, most defiantly AGAINST the rules!!!!! Holy Phuck, is that messed up, no wonder this country is so screwed up!

Pisses me off, another prime example.

Pisses me off, another prime example.
Yep, business as usual, the "system" failed so blame and punish legit gun owners.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top