JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can't have a reset until things break down. Shootings, riots, violence, and the break down of law and order are the symptoms and not the disease.

If you pay attention there is an effort to cause frustration at every level, from the least to the most significance. It's by design. Each, in and of itself, is insignificant, but taken as a whole will destroy us.

Here is a small one: traffic control. I've noticed that there is a trend that where traffic increases in an area, usually because it's more efficient or convenient, that controls are put in place to discourage drivers. Years ago, traffic engineers would have taken the opposite approach and further improved the system.

Have a place where a left hand turn saves you time and grief? A traffic barrier will be along shortly to prevent it,

Now, they effectively punish people instead. The latest move is now to toll those who dare to travel East and West in the Portland Metro, or heaven forbid travel North and South.

This isn't a rant about roads, just one small example; a grain of sand on a beach filled with societal and economic stresses.

Here's another that's also divisive and intentionally so: Student debt forgiveness. One side is frustrated because they will be forced to pay the debts of adults who chose foolishly. The other side is frustrated because they think they are entitled. No movement will happen one way or another, but people get angry with each other. It's by design. It's never been about debt, it's about turning up the mass frustration meter yet another notch.

The first to go off the rails, will naturally be those with less mental stability and control as we see repetitively.

Do you really think it's a coincidence that law is now only being enforced selectively while ignoring those who steal and harm as a way of life, while at the same time politicians are hell bent on making sure the law abiding masses are disarmed thus preventing them from protecting themselves and their loved ones? It's by design.

Thousands, and thousands, and thousands of examples, but you get the point.

Tiy can't stop this by treating the symptoms. You can only stop this by curing the disease.

Not woke enough my friend. Virtual signaling is key.
We promise the annealing will have the proper amount of rainbow. Woke enough?

1679965962951.jpeg

You can't have a reset until things break down. Shootings, riots, violence, and the break down of law and order are the symptoms and not the disease.

If you pay attention there is an effort to cause frustration at every level, from the least to the most significance. It's by design. Each, in and of itself, is insignificant, but taken as a whole will destroy us.

Here is a small one: traffic control. I've noticed that there is a trend that where traffic increases in an area, usually because it's more efficient or convenient, that controls are put in place to discourage drivers. Years ago, traffic engineers would have taken the opposite approach and further improved the system.

Have a place where a left hand turn saves you time and grief? A traffic barrier will be along shortly to prevent it,

Now, they effectively punish people instead. The latest move is now to toll those who dare to travel East and West in the Portland Metro, or heaven forbid travel North and South.

This isn't a rant about roads, just one small example; a grain of sand on a beach filled with societal and economic stresses.

Here's another that's also divisive and intentionally so: Student debt forgiveness. One side is frustrated because they will be forced to pay the debts of adults who chose foolishly. The other side is frustrated because they think they are entitled. No movement will happen one way or another, but people get angry with each other. It's by design. It's never been about debt, it's about turning up the mass frustration meter yet another notch.

The first to go off the rails, will naturally be those with less mental stability and control as we see repetitively.

Do you really think it's a coincidence that law is now only being enforced selectively while ignoring those who steal and harm as a way of life, while at the same time politicians are hell bent on making sure the law abiding masses are disarmed thus preventing them from protecting themselves and their loved ones? It's by design.

Tiy can't stop this by treating the symptoms. You can only stop this by curing the disease.
What do you reckon would be the cure?

Dropping knowledge A bombs!

How about we just come to the realization that people are predators And nature isn't fair. Some of the oldest human remains ever found had Evidence of Being shot with an arrow And there aren't enough laws and you can't ban enough items to ever make it stop. I don't think taking everybody's rights away because it may stop an infantecimle amount of shootings will work. I think getting harsh on crime and doing a three strikes And we cut off your tree and jangly things to keep you from further polluting the gene pool and that five strikes we send you into the Ether May have an effect since a lot of these shooters have a substantial criminal history.

I'm going to suggest something really unpopular.....

Stop letting these shooters have access to guns. Meaning full mental health vetting, and if even ONE post is made on social media about wanting to do something stupid then that jackwagon "gets" to have their firearm rights removed. Almost every one of these school shooters has/had documented mental illness yet these so called "red flag laws" don't do sh!t.

Sorry, but I am just as sick as everyone else is hearing the almost daily shootings. It has caused more divisiveness regarding guns than anything else. Let alone the dead kids.
And when those mental health providers believe wanting to own a gun is a mental illness? Because a lot of them do.

One could talk to Bolus about that. IIRC, he is one of very few providers in HI that will green light you.

A bigger problem in my opinion is we have structured government funded education to view mental illness as bravery and have inspired depression by spinning a hopeless narrative in schools.

Extenuating circumstances, and let's face it when you were a kid things were a lot different. Times have changed, for the worse.
I am not sure that was the case. No how many kids died by violence on my block growing up? At least 8. Know how many survived? 4. Most died by blunt weapons like bats and bludgeons. So I am just going to say that contrary to what the media feeds you, times now may not be as dark. Now truth be told I grew up in a gang infested hellhole.

Times have changed, but the world I grew up in was pretty damn dark. I learned to defend myself because I was small and learned how to find ways out of the darkness. It may have led to some dark places, but I kept my moral compass and I have pulled people back out as much as I can. I was not perfect, but I never bent.

It isn't worse than it was. You may not have grown up that way. I did.

Carry a gun everywhere you go. And I mean everywhere. Gun free zones are a joke.

Carry the biggest gun you can with the most amount of ammo you can (realistically).

Carry medical.

Train. Train. Train some more.

The only solution to these events is violence of action. Where the perp gets dumped immediately.

Violence and aggression are key to stopping these creatures.

It is worse than it was. More school shootings now by a long shot.
That made the news. Frankly, it was much worse by many metrics. Murder rate was about 50% higher in 1990 just if we want to look at stats.

And again, I saw a world that thankfully is gone, with a violence far more severe than exists most places. People don't change. But the violence hits different areas.

Maybe you didn't see it, but it was there.

That made the news. Frankly, it was much worse by many metrics. Murder rate was about 50% higher in 1990 just if we want to look at stats.

And again, I saw a world that thankfully is gone, with a violence far more severe than exists most places. People don't change. But the violence hits different areas.

Maybe you didn't see it, but it was there.
Point well taken.

In short, raising the age to buy a gun to 21 would not help us meaningfully reduce the frequency of these atrocities, though it would strip millions of law-abiding young adults of their right to self-defense. This isn't just a hypothetical disadvantage; according to the Institute for Medicine, guns are used in self-defense approximately 500,000 to 3 million times per year in the U.S.

Like everything, gun control has trade-offs. By leaving law-abiding people defenseless, it can also create its own victims.

What's more, the misguided focus on age-based gun control pulls the national attention away from more promising solutions, like reforming the way the mass media covers mass shootings. Mass shooters crave the infamy that's granted to them by our if-it-bleeds-it-leads coverage of these atrocities, and the status quo encourages copycats—so much so that experts estimate that if we stopped plastering the names and faces of these villains and instead focused coverage on the victims, we could reduce mass shootings by up to 33 percent.

It bears repeating: We could potentially reduce mass shootings by up to one-third with simple media reforms. Unlike far-fetched and legally dubious gun control proposals, this kind of reform wouldn't face such monumental political and constitutional hurdles.

Those who insist on trying to raise the age to buy a gun to 21 are almost certainly coming from a good place. But in reality, their efforts are worse than useless.

Brad Polumbo (@Brad_Polumbo) is Policy Correspondent at the Foundation for Economic Education and co-founder of BASEDPolitics.

Maybe the answer doesn't involve gun control.
Maybe the problem is not guns.
Maybe something needs to happen to bad guys.
Maybe our justice system needs fixed.
Maybe it's what the schools teach or don't teach.
Maybe it's too many baby's daddy and not enough fathers.
Maybe I don't have any answers only questions.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top