JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

This weekend, police officers in Philadelphia hosted a gun turn-in event at two locations in the City of Brotherly love. Citizens were invited to come and turn in any firearms they had, no questions asked and without danger of facing prosecution. Despite setting up shop at multiple locations and publicizing the event on the radio, television and social media, the total number of weapons surrendered was ....

Its amazing, have the ever had a serious turn in?... I mean of working guns, not rusty old things, not inoperative firearms... guns that come off the street to save lives, stop gang bangers.... Ill bet NO....

Its amazing, have the ever had a serious turn in?... I mean of working guns, not rusty old things, not inoperative firearms... guns that come off the street to save lives, stop gang bangers.... Ill bet NO....

Criminals don't turn in their guns.... so no... None of these guns came, "off the streets" they came out of boxes under beds and in the back of closets from people who didn't know what to do with something they inherited.

I've got several slam fire "guns" made of mostly pipe and other junk that I made up just for trade in just in case my local authorities get stupid enough to host one of these gun turn ins! It's gotta be worth my time however as I'm not just giving these jewels away!:D

I wonder if that Colt 1917 will end in someone's collection....Instead of being destroyed....?
While I don't like the idea of destroying any gun...that Colt and Winchester in the picture...would have a nice home with me...Been looking for a .30-30...sigh
Andy

I wonder if that Colt 1917 will end in someone's collection
Probably already there.

But the event's organizers still said they were "pleased" with the results.
Pleased? with six? That's like none really.
What a fake response. I'll bet they already have 'statistics' as to how much 'gun violence' this will reduce....

Now they need to calculate $ expended vs the "benefit" they got out of the event. With all the staff time from meetings, beuracracy, press releases, people and resources at event etc etc my guess is they spent around $300,000. Benefit is zero. Too bad they didn't put that same $ to work actually stopping crimes.

I turned in a POS Spanish .25 Auto that I had to work on for 4 hours just to get the trigger to release the hammer and so it was able to be racked. In no way was the pistol safe to fire or worth the effort to make it that way. SO basically junk. I got a $50 Feddy's Gift card went right down the street and filled my gas tank. Then took the $50 didn't use for fuel and went to Bi Mart bought 2lbs of reloading powder and a couple hundred primers.

In line while I saw no gang bangers looking guys turning in anything. I did see two illegal firearms one was a bolt action .22 rifle cut down to be about 12" long and a short barreled Steven pump shotgun maybe a 12" barrel. I saw a couple nice guns being turned in no one around me in line was interested in selling and I didn'y have enough Cash to convince anyone other wise. But a few people were buying guns from people in line.

Seems like they should have a gun turn in for bad guys. Or a turn in for bad guns. Advertise that if you think your gun might do something bad, turn it in. Give them a free hug on a tree. :p

I'm waiting for the knife buy back. I have an arsenal, I mean kitchen drawer full of them I want money for. We have a party this weekend and I am seriously worried with all that deadly stabbing power readily available and apparently so tempting. I hope all my guns locked in the safe will be ok.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top