JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When Dick Chenney asked the clerk, "Can l get me one of them huntin' licenses... "

If you hear that and you're this guy, freakin' run.

harry_peppered.jpg

Anyone else remember the simple joys of childhood, like hitting a whole roll of caps with a hammer for a really big bang?

One of the kids I played with caused a lot of consternation among the adults when it was revealed that he had put some .22 rounds on the sidewalk and dropped a big rock on them. God was watching out for us.

Yes, the old days of pyrotechnics. I got my first explosives permit from the Grant County Oregon sheriff by mail. Filled out a form and it took about a week, IIRC.

Rifles with built in iron sights

Yes, I know there are some, but I just don't see them as much as they once were prominent. Trends are now in the direction of optics.

I miss the parts kits and the oddball stuff. Every 50th rifle at a gun show seems to not be an AR and those that are not are a remington 700 or some competitor to the R700. Hell, I even miss seeing a mosin or an SKS let alone a sten kit or PPS-43 mags or PPSh-41 kits or AK kits!

"Rifles with built in iron sights"
Yup. I am completely aware of the demonstrated superiority and technological excellence of modern optics, but I still prefer to have iron sights even if just BUIS.

Last Edited:
Rifles with built in iron sights

Yes, I know there are some, but I just don't see them as much as they once were prominent. Trends are now in the direction of optics.
They want to cut corners to keep cost down, not having irons is one of the corners. Even when they do, its more often than not a notched rear sight and fixed blade. Depending on the rifle in question, filing the front sight is how you zero it.

A whole roll? What about a whole box? :s0073:

It usually took several hits with a brick to get a 22LR to pop.

Nah, I don't remember any of that stuff.

I had my dad pick up sleeves of primers. When playing baseball during recess you put a primer on the home plate, hit it with the baseball bat then back to the game. Teachers never figured out what was going on.

Even though this was the 70's, I now feel like it was a sin to waste primers in such a fashion.

"Rifles with built in iron sights"
Yup. I am completely aware of the demonstrated superiority and technological excellence of modern optics, but I still prefer to have iron sights even of just BUIS.

How about the iron site systems available on Mossberg 22 rifles.

The last ones I saw like that were at 3 Bears Guns in Vancouver. The boxes were on the floor just inside the door. I bought one and told myself I would come back for more. I did go back but never bought any more.

....no one seems to miss the chance to fill out their beanie baby collection while grazing on bad muskrat jerky and complaining about walking in the rain for a half mile thru the parking lot after paying $8 to park....

Cases stacked one on top of the other in gun shops of Chinese sks's coated in cosmoline. They came with spike bayonets a sling and oil can and they were $99

And the barrels with Enfields in them. All the same price; just rifle through them until you find one you like. Can't remember the exact price but $150 sounds about right.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top