JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A Harris County gun shop owner received a letter Saturday threatening him, his family and his employees.

"Live by the gun. Die by the gun. You will not live to see Easter," reads the typed letter that was mailed Thursday in Houston and arrived Saturday at Jim Pruett's Guns & Ammo.

Jim Pruett was photographed and quoted in the Houston Chronicle last week saying that restricting sales of military-style arms wouldn't prevent tragedies like the Connecticut massacre. "All it's going to do is make it difficult for law-abiding citizens to get the best protection they can for their home against, especially in Texas, gangs motivated by the drug cartel," Pruett said in the Wednesday article.

He said Saturday they were taking the threat from the threat signed by a "Newtown-inspired marksman" seriously.

"Are we afraid? No, but we're cautious," he said.

A sheriff's deputy picked up the letter Saturday afternoon and told Pruett it would probably be turned over to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The deputy also urged him to take the threat seriously, Pruett said.

"All of our staff makes an extra effort now to look at everyone who comes in," Pruett said. "We do that anyway, but now even more so."

If someone looks unusual or behaves oddly, the store doesn't sell that person a gun, even if they pass the background check.

"We are the final authority," he said. "We can deny people."

Pruett, who has owned his store nearly 12 years, acknowledged he had never received a letter like the one he got Saturday. It's well written and specific, he said.

A Vietnam War veteran, Pruett said he knows how to protect himself. "I'm always armed and I will always have a say in the outcome of anything aggressive that comes my way," he said

Pruett, who worked in radio more than 25 years with the late Mark Stevens, said he's hopeful that news coverage of the letter will help shed light on where its source.

If other gun store owners have received similar letters, Pruett invited them to contact him. He warned that it might be hard to get through.

"There's no way we can answer all the phone calls during this insane buying period generated by the threat of an assault weapons ban," he said.

Local gun store owner receives death threat - Houston Chronicle

Yeah, the person who wrote that letter better be a sniper if they have a hope to carry through. Threatening a Texan who owns a gun shop? Common sense is a rare commodity in the anti community...

And as the truth reveals it's self the AR 15 that the kid brought to the school never left the trunk he did all the killing with the pistols

That was one of the reasons the NRA Facebook page was taken down. Several threats from gun haters against the NRA officers.
And yet, I've never seen a gun owner threaten to shoot a gun grabber

There you go, shows you the difference between a reasonable man that uses logic and facts when dealing with violence and gun control vs the emotional anti-gun gang that threatens violence but never face to face. They are cowards that would wet themselves if ever having to face an armed intruder.

I'm thinking that maybe some of these shooter might have thought in there mind,
Those people better stop doing that or ill shoot them or ill show them or if they don't like it my way ill just shoot them. But they just didnt put it in a letter or email like this guy/gal did it just tells you that he or she is off their rocker and should not have guns,knives,rocks,bow etc.. Just a rubber room to play in.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top