JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy everybody.

I got kind of a weird question, but does anyone know if there are any gun stores hiring anybody in the Vancouver, WA area? I think it would be cool to be able to work with something I am passionate about for a job.

Thanks

You would be better off stopping at each and just asking them. You never know when they might decide to hire someone to help out. It isn't hard to fill those jobs so I wouldn't wait around looking for one to show up in the classifieds.

Before I got my ffl, I used to be at every gun show looking around. I quickly made friends with some of the retailers and before long I was getting in the shows free & spending a few hours helping a guy out selling his guns. He taught me pretty much everything I wanted to know about the gun business.
BTW I have never hated much of my gun hobby, but I have disliked the customers from time to time, especially the cheapskates

Remember also you will need a second job too because you will be paying to go to work at your gun store job. You will see all kinds of cool guns come in and if you get them for the right price you will "have to have them" them. Then you will be buying them and putting them on consignment so you will always be money behind. ;)

Yes, I work at a gun store part time and turn over my checks when I get them because I need "just one more gun". Of course it helps that I am retired, but still. I love to handle guns and sell them but it really causes me to wonder if some people shouldnt be allowed to have guns because they are so stupid! That includes one of our employees.

Remember also you will need a second job too because you will be paying to go to work at your gun store job. You will see all kinds of cool guns come in and if you get them for the right price you will "have to have them" them. Then you will be buying them and putting them on consignment so you will always be money behind. ;)

That would be hardest part for me if I worked at a gun store.

A little bit of advice from someone who owns and runs a gun shop......

I dont care how much you love guns, or how into them you are, or how much you know about them. The only thing i care about is can you sell them, will you treat each one of my customers with respect and give them the attention they need. Show the store you care about the store, want to see it succeed, and the second most important thing. How well you will fit in with everyone that already works there.

I personally only hire people who everyone i work with wants here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top