Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun storage around Seattle?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by leeaj206, Apr 13, 2010.

1. leeaj206

leeaj206 Seattle, WA New Member

Does anyone know of any ranges/places where they have secured lockers or storage for firearms? Also, how much do they charge for it?

And no...your house doesn't count :)

Thanks all!

-Aaron

1 person likes this.
  2. ChicagoGuy

ChicagoGuy Woodinville, WA Member

The new West Coast Armory range in Bellevue will rent a locker annually to members. I think it's $120 a year for a pistol locker, $240 for a rifle for the year.

3. markman660

markman660 Bothell, WA New Member

http://www.shootingsportsnorthwest.com/

Address.
    17907 Bothell Everett Hwy, Bothell, WA 98012

Storage Rates
    Small Locker (1.5 cubic feet): $300.00 per year
    Medium Locker (3 cubic feet): $600.00 per year
    Large Locker (9 cubic feet): $900.00 per year

But, you have to be a member to use the place and I’ve never been there.
    Standard Membership
    $50.00 + Range Fees

Standard Plus Membership
    $150.00 + Range Fees

Red, White & Blue Membership
    $150.00 + Range Fees

Premier Membership
    $250.00 + Range Fees

All the info above I found on their site.

Also if you have to drive a long distance to use an indoor gun range that provides lockers then my suggestion would be to find a range closer to home that doesn’t have lockers.

Mark Vanyo.

4. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

Curious to know why people would not want to keep their firearms at their own house? Other than going on a long vacation (more than a month), I see no need to ever move them from my house.

5. ChicagoGuy

My employer has a policy that says no guns on company property AT ALL. And that includes locked in your car in the parking lot.

Every couple of weeks I might want to head to the range during lunch so I could leave a couple in the locker there after I go on a Sat or Sun and then not have to go home first (in the entirely opposite direction) during that week.

6. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Beaverton, OR Chief Cook/Bottle Washer

Post Office? :paranoid:

Sod

7. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

Gotcha, I was thinking your thread was more along the lines of let me stash my collection elsewhere :bluelaugh:

Having a dedicated gun stashed at the range would be kinda nice actually :thumbup:

8. North Bender

North Bender King County Member

Those prices are sure high.

9. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

lol

10. Mr. Black

Mr. Black Zigzag, OR Member

I am curious as to how your employer would know what is or isn't in your car..

Sure its nice to follow rules, but this seems a little ridiculous...

If I were in this situation, I would get a good safe and bolt it to the car someplace. Under the seat or under the center console would be my preference..

Just my 2 pennies...

evltwn and (deleted member) like this.
  11. ChicagoGuy

I agree it's a pretty ridiculous rule, and probably only one of those things that you would get reported on after the fact or because of a coworker looking to get you in trouble. All I can say is on a PUBLIC forum, if one were to post about following a policy, a gun safe onsite at a range is handy if your employer has these kinds of odd rules.

:thumbup:

But locked storage in a vehicle is never a bad idea.

I was wondering though - can you keep a firearm in a saftey deposit box? Just rent one out for personal use, and store a range gun there. With the cost of ammo today, a stop at the bank is usually necessary before range time anyway.

12. Mr. Black

Mr. Black Zigzag, OR Member

I don't see why not...

How would they know what is or isn't in your box...

And I see people do it all the time in the movies.. :thumbup:

yotehunter and (deleted member) like this.
  13. ph2jcg

ph2jcg WA New Member

Military service and students living on campus are two reasons that easily come to mind. For me it was military service and I lived on a ship. Some commands will allow weapon storage in their armoury. Mine did until they changed the policy, and told me to find another place to store my guns. I wish I could have found a place, like an indoor range with lockers in the common areas. There are plenty of reasons a person my not be able to keep a gun where they temporarily live, this should not prohibit them from owning a firearm as long as they can store it safely.

14. rodell

rodell Newcastle, WA Active Member

You must work for Philips. They claim the right to search employees' cars for weapons. Whether it is legal or not is another matter.

15. stevenacotton

stevenacotton United States New Member

Chase, for one, has language in the agreement that could be interpreted as prohibiting the storage of a gun in their safe deposit boxes.

16. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

What they don't know won't hurt you.

17. Jammer Six

Jammer Six North Greenlake, Seattle New Member

Wouldn't matter to me.

An employment contract is a contract. If I took the job, and signed the contract, that's giving my word.

If that doesn't matter to you, so be it.

My word is my word.

18. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

this might sound off the wall but for long term you could use a pawn shop. I know that at least one of the pawn shops in Salem stores a couple of very valuable firearms collections. The owner put each one into Pawn for a small amount then every 60 days pays the interest on the loans. Granted this would do the OP no good for a lunch time shooting session. As picking the gun up would involve a BGC.