JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We talk about a lot of items on the site but I am in the process of buying two slings
One for an AR 15 type gun and one for a Tikka Rifle fro hunting

AR15 use will be general shooting, and some competitions
Tikka - Hunting - I assume carrying for a distance

Any recommendations on best gun slings?

Here is an interesting article on slings, Tactical Slings

I generally prefer the 2 point style for most shooting/carrying as they hang in the low ready position and are easy to get out of. On guns that have folding stocks if you want carry that way you pretty much have to go to a 3 point sling. I build my own slings so I can not speak to brand. I prefer my rear sling point to come off the outside of the gun. This is what I have found works best for me.

Here is an example one time we were out riding (this will stay in place while on an ATV),

DSC_0202-1.jpg

For the hunting rifle any commercial padded or wide strap should do you just fine.

This is a very good article that may help you decide on which type you want for that AR
Tactical Slings
He recommends some slings on the last page. One that's not included is the Magpul MS2, as it wasn't out when that was written. It can be converted to a single or a 2 point sling. I like the one I have.
For the Tikka any standard sling will work fine. I like the SuperSling 2 from Outdoor Connection. They can be had for under $20.

We talk about a lot of items on the site but I am in the process of buying two slings
One for an AR 15 type gun and one for a Tikka Rifle fro hunting

AR15 use will be general shooting, and some competitions
Tikka - Hunting - I assume carrying for a distance

Any recommendations on best gun slings?

If you ever come out to Battle Ground I will give you a sling for your Tikka, they are neoprene material and super comfortable. I have way to many slings and the one I will give you is brand new. I love them but like I said I have to many.

As for AR's almost all slings are the same and I said almost. Specter, Viking Tac, and so on are for the most part all the same. Look at all the you tube videos on different kinds and you will notice that.

Just an opinion though. So good luck but if you want a good hunting one just let me know. I also you a 3 point on my AR's for hunting as well because you can carry in so many positions.

I have a new Eberlestock pack that has a scaboard or however you spell it built in and it also has a cover for it so you can keep rain or snow out of it and it just carries in your pack and much better than using a sling.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top