JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gun silencers are hard to buy. Donald Trump Jr. and silencer makers want to change that

The federal government has strictly limited the sale of firearm silencers for as long as James Bond and big-screen gangsters have used them to discreetly shoot enemies between the eyes.

Now the gun industry, which for decades has complained about the restrictions, is pursuing new legislation to make silencers easier to buy, and a key backer is Donald Trump Jr., an avid hunter and the oldest son of the president-elect, who campaigned as a friend of the gun industry.

The legislation stalled in Congress last year. But with Republicans in charge of the House and Senate and the elder Trump moving into the White House, gun rights advocates are excited about its prospects this year.

Full Article

I find it curious how the Washington Compost studiously ignores the health and safety benefits of suppressors, and the fact that in much of Europe their use is encouraged and even many places mandatory...

Presstitutes Gonna Presstitute.

It is not often that I am hopeful that a bill that results in less red tape, tax, and assorted BS, is going to pass, but at least the Hearing Protection Act has a chance now. There was zero chance with the outgoing administration. Trump talked at length about protecting the 2A during the campaign; let's see if he delivers. Removing suppressors from the purview of NFA34 would be a great first step.

My new driveway sign.

p.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I almost bought a silencer last month. Then I figured I have waited this long, I can wait a bit longer to see how this rolls out. Even if I have to wait a couple more years, I figure it would be better than spending a grand on something that shouldn't cost a grand for it to later be deregulated later and worth half if not less.

Gotta love how they make reference to you tube videos of "high-powered" rifles making no more sound than a pellet gun and then they talk about a silenced 22LR semi auto?. What a load of liberal crap! and their followers just eat it up (read some of the comments). Must keep the scary silencers (suppressors) out of circulation for the good of all mankind!. Too bad they can't come up with a suppressor for the liberal idiots:mad:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top