JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It probably varies by show. I'm most familiar with the WAC shows that occur every two weeks in Monroe & Puyallup...

You have to be a WAC member to buy a firearm, and vendors (not private sellers) will charge sales tax. If you have a CPL, you can walk out the door with a handgun. If not, the waiting period applies.

My $0.02...

For Washington Arms Collectors
You must be a member to purchase guns . All members must have a background check - Most already have thier CPL so no wait period for handguns.
they do collect the Sales Tax but many of them will pay the tax for you.
For all the details go to WashingtonArmsCollectors.org

I do know about the other shows in the state. So far I have not been to any others.

It probably varies by show. I'm most familiar with the WAC shows that occur every two weeks in Monroe & Puyallup...

You have to be a WAC member to buy a firearm, and vendors (not private sellers) will charge sales tax. If you have a CPL, you can walk out the door with a handgun. If not, the waiting period applies.

My $0.02...

And there is the problem with WAC...

And there is the problem with WAC...

WAC is a club. Their shows are club events. If you're not a member of club you can attend but you don't get the same rights and privileges as club members.

The way WAC does it makes a lot of sense. You have to pass a NICS check to be a member. That means any member can sell to any other member there and not have to guess about whether the buyer is legit or not. And once a member you get to go to the shows for free. It's $35 for a year's membership. That gets a member two shows a month. That's a much better deal than paying to go to the Portland Expo.

only gun show in close to vancouver is fair gound gun show at battle ground. and i heard it's small and not really worth of going unless you know what you are looking for.

Did you read the link?

I just found it ironic that in one browser tab I had open an article detailing the misdeeds of a WAC member at WAC shows, and in another tab, someone explaining the peace of mind that should come from dealing with WAC members who've cleared NICS checks. That's all. No real point.

I have been following this on another gun website, the person arrested was a table holder that sold the gun at a WAC show in Puyallup Wa. He was also an active member on another local firearms web site. Feds did a sting operation on him. Sounds like a bullshxx deal to me.

Did you read the link?

I just found it ironic that in one browser tab I had open an article detailing the misdeeds of a WAC member at WAC shows, and in another tab, someone explaining the peace of mind that should come from dealing with WAC members who've cleared NICS checks. That's all. No real point.

OK - got it! Sounds like the seller (in the link) was screwing the pooch & trying to skirt FFL regs, rather than just a hobby.

According to the complaint, DEVENNY sold the guns to a convicted felon and a person with a domestic violence conviction. DEVENNY knew that both purchasers were prohibited from possessing firearms because of those convictions. Both the felon and the person with the domestic violence conviction were working with law enforcement at the time of the purchases in February and November 2010. At the time of the arrest today, ATF agents recovered 42 guns and $32,000 in cash. DEVENNY will make his initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Tacoma at 2:30 today. Prosecutors will ask that he remain in custody pending a detention hearing next week.

It would be interesting to hear how the seller "knew" that both purchasers were prohibited from possessing firearms. There's probably more to this story...

Whatever the case, if the buyers had felony and domestic violence convictions they can't pass a NICS check or be members of the WAC. It wouldn't surprise me if the seller tried to make some extra money by knowingly selling to a prohibited person. -Years ago, there was one private seller at the WAC shows who always had a table covered with beaten up guns. His prices were always outrageous, i.e. $600 for a used Glock that looked like it had been dragged down several miles of gravel road. The only plus to buying from him was no useful paper trail on the firearm. I wonder if that was the guy they nailed.

Normally, WAC is good about policing their shows. I've been at WAC shows where people have been thrown out for selling firearms to non-members or not following WAC rules. It's kind of sad what people will do for an extra $50 - $100.

Regarding the peace of mind, the idea is that it's less of a gamble buying from a WAC member or selling to a WAC member. With the incident cited, the buyers could not be WAC members so it's not a transfer between two WAC members in good standing. According to the complaint, what we have is a seller choosing to sell to prohibited persons. Anyone can choose to do something illegal. There's nothing to stop someone with a concealed carry permit from deciding to shoot up a place. People can shoot back to stop him in his tracks, but you can't prevent people from choosing to commit a crime. Still, the odds are someone who bothered to get the permit probably is willing to try to follow the rules and be decent.

To the TS.
I go to some gun shows,not the WAC show though.The prices are too high any more.
Not worth the time to buy used guns at new prices.If I lived close,I would go every once in a while.
Just MHO.

I do go to the ones that come up here to Clalam and Kitsap county.Mostly just to look around and BS.One local dealer says his best days are gun show days.

The little show table holders are mostly private sales with no paper work.

So I guess to get info and look at a wide variety of guns,the shows are good.To find parts and one of a kind stuff? Yes. To buy? Not so much.

Oh and WAC members,there ain't much arguing the price thing.Most everyone that holds a table is over priced on guns.

Well, I would say, Puyallup W A C show is the best one around.
Most of the sellers are friendly and many will deal a little.
went yesterday and found the shoulder rig I was looking for.
Hey!!! got time to go back today, only 10 miles.
sparks

I went to the Puyallup show today, as well. Kinda light on both tables & turn-out, this time around. Played with a lot of firearms, but I wasn't really looking to buy -- nothing jumped up and convinced me to take it home! I did pick up some .44 Mag Starline cases. Components & ammo typically make-up most of my show purchases.

Mainly, it's just fun to wander around & schmooz...

:s0129:
Sorry what?

IN MY EXPERIENCE IN THE LAST 20+ YEARS I have seen the Puyallup show go from a great place to buy guns,to a great place to look at curio.Say what you will and show a couple of great deals.For the most part,again in my experience of going to quite a few gun shows,all over the west side,it isn't the best place to buy OR sell a gun.

This has been MY experience,some results will vary.

Howdy mjbskwim,
Opinions on that can vary.
Hows a Ruger LCP for $290.00 (tax, shipping included) sound?
Considering an FFL transfer fee, sales tax, and shipping from an on line dealer I'd say that is not too bad?
Howabout a Kel-Tec PF9 tax included for $330.00?
Used? Yesterday, I bought a pretty decent Ruger MKIII target for $190.00 The guy was asking quite a bit more but he wanted to sell and I wanted to buy.
Let's see... I saw a Leupold 4.5 -14x40 VX-III in the box, so nice it was hard to tell if it was ever mounted or not for $375.00.
There are what? Over 1000 tables?
If a guy is a good hunter for what he wants and is not shy to speak up and make an offer, he can be very surprised as to what he may find and buy.

What I find is that too many folks go to the show and do not have an understanding of what the term "haggle" means:D
It's part of the fun. :s0155:
I live out on the Olympic Peninsula too. And, you are correct. But one has to remember that comparing our little po-dunk shows to a WAC show is comparing apples to oranges. Our small shows like many, bring out the guy who has a few old guns he wants to get rid of, or a guy who (sadly) may be in need of some fast cash and has to sell his guns to buy food.
Therefore, those guns do tend to sell for less.
I think both kinds of shows are a win/win for various but not necessarily the the same reasons.
I do see the anti-gun Democrats who have super control of this state focusing in on the open guns shows, and either shutting them down or having them set up where all transactions go through an FFL. :(

There are a few deals around.Every once in a while you get a great bargain.
I love gun shows.I go to all I have time to go to.But I won't spend the time to travel to Puyallup to actually buy something,unless I intend to hit Sportco too.

Too many guys out there that start with great prices to bother "haggling" for a used gun at a new price.

just sayin' (been doing the gun shows for quite a while bro.)

Haggle? Get the prices below new and I will ask a price.Be reasonable in the first place.

The Monroe show pricing tends to be more reasonable, although I don't find pricing to be out of line at either show. There are always exceptions to that. Like anything else, you need to know what your buying and what a good price is.

The falcon run shows are a crap shoot as far as pricing is concerned but I still go to the local ones. They do require a receipt with your I.D. and the guns serial number be filled out and you and the seller both get a copy.

I've only been a couple of times but the Chehalis show has had some great deals.

I've only been to the WAC shows, I have no problem shelling out the $35 for the membership as long as I get to 2-3 shows a year. I've found some great deals and have missed out on a few too. I always haggle the price, specially if it's getting late in the day on Sunday. Best deals are found when a seller hasn't had a great weekend and needs to sell something, or first thing Saturday morning but it's hard to haggle at the start of the day. Don't forget to ask about trades, I had a Colt trooper I couldn't sell for what I wanted and I found a guy who took it in trade for what I was asking and I got what I wanted for only another $200.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top