JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just moved over to Eastern Washington in the last year and have gone to three gun shows over here. I felt like all of them were a complete waste of time and money. I understand that people are/were freaking out and buying stuff as quick as they could... but I saw some cheap looking complete lowers for 1000 at one table. There was a guy selling magpul style plastic stuff(that looked like his kid made a plaster of paris mold and mixed crayons and plastic bottles) for twice the price of anything online. PMags for 80 bucks....

I will admit I bought an old Weatherby box of Ammo(for more than I should had) because I'm a sucker for the old boxes.

I digress... Does anyone think its worth going any more? I am just going to all the crappy ones? I enjoyed going to the Puyallup WAC shows and actually bought stuff, but the last time I actually bought something at a gun show was over three years ago.

The ARPC show last week was free to park and 5 bucks to get in. 5 bucks is worth it to get in and look around, and support ARPC as well. I will NOT go to the gun show in Portland anymore. Just the investment to get there, park and get in the door negates any deals that maybe had.

Im good on beanie babies and lazer pointers and candles for now when i run out i might go back to another pdx show if they make it free admission and pick me up in a limo filled with hot young ladies with daddy issues towing a bbq with rib eyes and lobster tails grilling and a ice chest full of grape slushies until then i will stick with net better deals to be had

I like going for the same reason I go to walmart, funny looking people and some weird junk for sale. Can't remember when I last bought a gun at one.

Im good on beanie babies and lazer pointers and candles for now when i run out i might go back to another pdx show if they make it free admission and pick me up in a limo filled with hot young ladies with daddy issues towing a bbq with rib eyes and lobster tails grilling and a ice chest full of grape slushies until then i will stick with net better deals to be had

My parents neighbor had a room dedicated to beanie babies... Think of the value today... I used to laugh to my self as they showed us the ones that were special editions in cases.

i went to the local gun show today in hope of finding reloading supplies. when i got there amd was pokin around everything i was lookin for was way way way over priced. example boxes of 525 remington golden bullet 22lr @ $60 per box!!! wtf? and IF you could find primers the average price per 1000 was 75 bucks!!!!! i could not believe it i know the whole "well where else u gonna buy it?" but seriously... get real. youd have to be a fool to pay that much. also i dont think i even saw an AR there for less than 1800. thanks obama and your GOON squad for bein such good gun and ammo salesmen.

i went to the local gun show today in hope of finding reloading supplies. when i got there amd was pokin around everything i was lookin for was way way way over priced. example boxes of 525 remington golden bullet 22lr @ $60 per box!!! wtf? and IF you could find primers the average price per 1000 was 75 bucks!!!!! i could not believe it i know the whole "well where else u gonna buy it?" but seriously... get real. youd have to be a fool to pay that much. also i dont think i even saw an AR there for less than 1800. thanks obama and your GOON squad for bein such good gun and ammo salesmen.

As soon as we the people refuse to pay such outlandish prices, then the profiteers will have to lower prices. Be patient. Case in point, some fellow on this forum was advertising in the classifieds for a Smith M&P .40, the exact pistol I was looking for. He wanted $600.00 for it USED. I decided to wait a little while because I saw that local outfits had been getting stock back in stores. Sure enough, two weeks later I find the same pistol brand new at Fisherman's for $519.00.

yeah thats just like at the gun show yesterday $725 for a USED gen 3 glock 23 with 1 mag. two months ago the same gun NEW $499 at sportsmans warehouse plus the background check.

Same as all guns shows, over priced and full of idiots that think they are professionals about every gun they pick up. I worked for a boat dealer years ago and we marked up prices for the boat show. Why? Cause you have to pay for your space, transport of items, and man power to cover the show and your showroom. Same with gun dealers. Case and point: last year my buddy was going to buy a mossberg chainsaw from Keith's. 395 at the show. Credit card would not work so he decided just to drive to Gresham on Tuesday. Paid 375 in the actual store. The only thing is good about a gun show is people watching.

The answer to the original question is yes, they are a complete waste of time.

I would usually agree but I did have fun with some buddies going to the Centralia show.
Made a trade,bought some primers (not from the trucking co. owner that had them for $75 though),found some parts,buddy bought a glock,other buddy got some odds and ends(belt buckle shell holder!)
Heck the shows on the fringes are where the real scary folks come to.
That's what make them good.

I'll go to the local shows cause the parking is free and I see my like minded neighbors,but the WAC shows have been a waste of time for ever

Easily entertained, I'd always go to browse/buy if the shows were free or cost less (especially for parking at the Expo). So, for me anyway, it's more a matter of a wasted money than time.

Last gun show I went to was in Grants Pass and I found one of my grail guns. Happily paid a little less than asking price. I don't go to shows looking for the latest got to have it whiz bang, I'm looking for a short list of specific things. I don't see the fascination with magpul, I have more than enough perfectly functioning metal 223 mags to last me for a lifetime. Gun shows are only a waste of time if you don't know what you are buying

It has been a while since I have gone to a gun show. Oh, not for the lack of desire, but it was about this time last year when I found out I owed a lot to the feds for income tax on a house I lost.
So, I stopped going. But my intent, when I went, was not really to buy but to gain ideas and add things to the bucket list. I like to be able to pick up a gun and get the feel. Sometimes I have the idea to get something, most of the time, I don't. Waste of time...maybe....but it is something to do. does it cost a lot? Depending on where, sure. But then so does going to the movies or driving to the coast. Everything has a price....

I pretty much stopped going to gun shows about 4 years ago when many of the regular vendors stopped selling genuine US military surplus and armory remans like Enfields and Mosins.
Most of the old timers I bought ammo, surplus and rifles from have since packed it up. Kind of lost interest after they left. The asian import tactical stuff just didn't do anything for me.

In leiu of gunshows I've made friends with a couple local pawn shop owners. They'll give me a ring if a model I'm interested in comes through their door.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews