Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun Show Question

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by RPS, Jun 30, 2014.

1. RPS

RPS Central Point, OR Retail Profit Systems

Hello,

I was curious what everyone was using to sell product at the gun shows they attend? Square is a very popular option but they are NOT firearms friendly. We have programs just for this industry and for all of us who enjoy being outdoors and shooting whatever firearm we want too.

Please let me know as it's a great learning tool for myself and my company. I posted the web link for the Square regulation below. Under the Square legal agreement, line item 23, (23) sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition.

https://squareup.com/legal/ua

2. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Many use regular dedicated card-swipe readers with 3G or 4G connectivity. The last cell-phone based one I used as a customer was QwickPay.

3. RPS

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the feedback. We have Qwickpay as an option and also EPN Mobile. They are both firearms friendly, quick and cost effective.

4. Thebastidge

Thebastidge 10411 NE Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver WA 98662 Well-Known Member

Intuit Gopayment has explicit options for FFL dealers.

5. RPS

Intuit allows just for retail sales though according to their regulations? One of my customers experienced trouble with them when they hand keyed a transaction.

The benefit our program has here is its endorsed by the N.R.A. and N.S.S.F. Part of the fees are donated back to those organizations monthly and we base our pricing around transactions and monthly volume.

Thanks for the feedback too. I attached the Intuit regs below to checkout. Look under section 4 and MOTO restrictions.

http://www.intuitpayments.com/legalinfo/acceptable-use

6. Thebastidge

Thebastidge 10411 NE Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver WA 98662 Well-Known Member

Intuit has a higher fee for card-not-present transactions, like all credit card processors.

7. RPS

Thanks for the feedback.

8. natef

natef Gresham OR Active Member

We run a Payanywhere unit. It works well for us and was the unit recomended by the CU where we have our company account

9. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

been going to gun shows since 1968 and I think the only thing I have used to buy something at a show was cash. Everyone seams to really like it.

When I sold my handmade knives at shows it was back in the days of an imprinter.

10. Vierings

Vierings Tacoma Member

Have you looked into the paypal card reader? Not sure what their standpoint is on firearms..

11. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

PayPal is well known for being anti-gun.

12. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

I would think a card transaction would not have to spell out anything but sporting goods???? A thought.