Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

gun show purchase question:

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by jackofalldaves, Feb 5, 2010.

1. jackofalldaves

jackofalldaves vancouver New Member

if i am legal wa resident, and go to a gun show in portland, can i buy from a vendor whos place of business is in wa and carries a wa ffl? is this limited to handgun/rifle, or both?......or zero,zip,nada? theres probably some rule on this, ie:( i can buy from that vendor, but would have to pick the gun up in person at his shop, in wa). :(

2. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Yes you are correct you can buy a gun from a WA dealer at the gun show and do the actual transfer at his WA location. You can also buy a gun from an Oregon FFL and transfer it to a WA FFL at the show and Pick it up in WA provided it is transferred between FFLs before it is released to you.

3. jackofalldaves

jackofalldaves vancouver New Member

thank you.

4. Iansstud

Iansstud SW WA / PDX Member

If I have a Oregon DL can I buy a handgun from an Oregon FFL even if Im a Wa citizen? how can they check?

5. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

If you've lived in WA for more than a certain period of time, you're required to get a WA DL.

6. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

It would likely go through but you would be breaking the law.

7. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I would probably work if you don't mind rolling the dice on spending some time in club Fed.