JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to buy a new Ruger SR9 9mm. I'm wondering if I should wait to go to the gun show that is coming up or just go buy it from a shop. In the shops I have looked at them in they are ranging from 430 up to 450 out the door. Just wondering if anyone here could tell me that is the general ballpark price or if I should wait for the show.

I personally don't think gun show prices are any better than a retailer 90% of the time. sure you can find a gem once in awhile but unless you are hardcore about it and go to every show, not likely.

oh and the smell of BO at those things is enough to keep me away from now on. Good GOD people! take a shower once in awhile!

Show prices are usually lower but sometimes not. Depends on the dealer. Plus you have to figure in the admission and parking at the shows plus getting there. May save some, may not!

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION law abiding gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

If you're looking to buy NEW, just pick it up wherever you find it.
Gunshows are a joke lately for newer guns.

Used firearms can still be a good deal though as well as cheap accessories or surplus.

All the dealers with new guns at gun shows either keep their prices the same or jack up their prices then mark them down slightly so you're paying more than you'd have paid at their shop as it is.

The internet is where the gun show deals seem to have gone.

I will only buy guns at the gun shows. Mainly because they are on a average about $50.00 cheaper and I dont have a gun shop owner eyeing me on everything I look at.

As far as admission and parking, I dont factor in the cost because I get to see what out on the market, prices, and overall parts that other manufactures and dealers have. Something you cant do at a gun shop.

Now, if I know what I want then Ill go to a dealer but not a gun shop. There prices seem to be alot higher because of their overhead.

Most of the time price is same or tad bit cheaper. I'd say shop around first.

BTW, when you guys say dealer not gun shop, what do you mean dealer, manufacture?

IMO it will depend on which gun show. If it is one of the valley shows where admission is only $5 and the parking is free, then you'd be much more likely to spend less than at a show at the Portland Expo where parking is $8 and admission is $9.

If you know what you want to spend, then you are positioned to buy at a gun show.

Most of the time price is same or tad bit cheaper. I'd say shop around first.

BTW, when you guys say dealer not gun shop, what do you mean dealer, manufacture?

No, I mean a dealer that is hooked up with the manufacture or close enough to where they get wholesale pricing. A lot of dealers run their business out of their homes to cut way down on overhead costs so the savings are directly shoved to the customer as well.

I am a Oregon resident yet there is one dealer (on this forum) that runs his business in Washington that I have delt with in the past and will continue to deal with because his prices are the lowest I have found. Even with the transfer fee to Oregon. Often times his prices were lower than mail order pricing.

Keiths and Gun Broker are the best prices by far, better than the "typical" show prices

Keiths definitely has some of the best prices around and I know this because I am a cheapskate. I believe Keith's had the SR9 for $419 and the SR9C for sure was $409. I was looking for an SR9C about a month or so ago but ended up with a Taurus PT92 instead.

Keiths and Gun Broker are the best prices by far, better than the "typical" show prices

This is true, it depends on if you want to haggle, if you love to haggle, go in to the gun show, make an offer, look around, see what happens, sometimes there's some great deals. Sometimes not. If you don't want to haggle, go to Gun Broker or Keith's, but Rapid Fire in Sandy has some good deals(they are a sponsor) too.

I did some pricing background checks and went to the gun Show in Portland. Really disappointed - prices on new items were generally higher.

So I went with a price range and then decided on who I thought I could work with and support more long term.

I am not the expert , but Keiths, NWArmory, and Gun Broker can be competitive.

I like Keiths alot but NW Armory is a place to check out too I found items in both places that were almost 30-40% in price diffrence. A CMMG AR lower at Keiths was 349.00 same one but it also had a 1 point sling attachment to it was 249.00 at NW Armory. Buyer should be prepared to drive and see both places to ensure the best prices.

It's funny sometimes. Keith's generally has guns cheaper than NWArmory or Gun Broker. Sometimes NWArmory has certain guns cheaper than Keiths but not usually. I have never really found any bargains at Gun Broker personally unless it was used gun. Pretty much a crapshoot lately between Keith's and NW it seems. Roll the dice.

Thanks for everything you all have been very helpful. To me it sounds like NWArmory or Keith's is the place to go. With what I have read on other forums Keith's doesn't have good costumer service, so I'll probably be going to NWArmory. Once again thank you all for all of your input and suggestions.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top