Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun Show (Collectors West vs Rose City)

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Starship, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Starship

Starship NE Portland Active Member

I see that Collectors West is a 3 day show every other month and Rose City is a 2 day show.

Any big difference between them? Are they about the same size? Is it just a cost issue of renting the Expo for 3 days vs 2 days?

Need a couple of items, but not immediately. Would like to look at more than one without having to travel all over town. I'm looking for some accessories and not guns.

Thought I'd try the show. Really want to go this month and just wondering if there's any big difference between them.

2. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

Same faces, same guns. For 20 years. Some of the guns don't have the same prices. Once in a while a new face appears (usually a guy selling his private guns due to health reasons or finances). That is where some gems can be found. If by "accessories", you mean a pink corvette, sequined purse or such for your Barbie Doll AR-15, there is certainly no lack of vendors for that stuff. (Self-critiquie disclaimer: I found the equivalent of a tiger-striped bikini for my "Barbie Doll" AR there).

3. cyclesurvival

cyclesurvival Vancouver Well-Known Member

I go to the 3 day shown looking for parts, and I find some deals on other things. I do most of my accesorie shopping on Amazzon. its cheaper and you get a good selection. Im finding that if I watch gunbroker I find some parts there. I dont like the $7 plus for shipping a tiny screw on parts web sights. Ammo at the shows has been realy cheap compaired to a year ago. Bi-mart has been having sales so has cabelas. my 2 pennys worth.

4. Starship

Starship NE Portland Active Member

Sorry I was so vague on the "accessories" issue. I recently bought an S&W M&P 15-22 pistol. Talk about a solution looking for a problem, but geez it's a blast to shoot. Anyway, the dang thing came in a cardboard box. I need a case for it. Know I need to have it with me to see how it fits and all so was just wondering about the shows. Probably will go to the show this month as just sticking it in a backpack to take it to the range isn't my favorite idea.

5. MrB+

MrB+ Portland area Member

I'm in the same boat -- just bought a revolver, need a soft-case and maybe a holster. Have a CollectorsWest pass, from having popped into the HIO show at the last hour, last time.

My question is, *sans* CHL, what are the rules for bringing a gun to the show, for trial fits? When I read the laws for gun transport, a while back, I got the impression that transport was only allowed to and from a practice range and to and from hunting. It wasn't clear that stopping for gas would even be okay. (Shhh... don't tell anyone I drove home from the store with it.)

o Can I bring an unloaded pistol to the show?
    o Will it be zip-tied at the door? If so, is it tied such that the cylinder can close? Not much point in trying holsters if the guts are hanging out...

MrB+
    --
    Working my way up to A--

6. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Yes, you may transport an unloaded firearm. I can cite ORS if you need but it is legal.

Yes, they will zip tie the hammer down at the door. The cylindar should be closed. If for some reason it isn't you can ask them to tie it that way for holster fitting purposes.

7. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

people say ammo price was good last time. But, I don't know what base price to compare with. Otherwise I would have bought some.

8. probasco

probasco abeaversboro Member

seems like deals are harder to find every time I go. Ammo and parts/accessories are the only reason i go, i save a little on shipping but pay more for parking and entry fees.

9. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member