JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Attempted manslaughter or attempted murder should be appropriate charges

However as stated several times, obey the primary rules of gun handling and you'll be OK and everyone else will be, too

Agent provacateurs.

I would also say its safe to bet that the folks spitting at black congressmen and yelling racial epithets this weekend in Washington weren't real Tea-Partyers either.

Keith

Real Tea-Partyers, Vs. dopes from off the street who self promote to patriot, have no common cause with others, and never, ever research anything that might interfere with their loud ranting of opinions?

Accept no substitutes!

Whether this were to happen at a gun show or at a dealer or private residence, has the "ammo planter" committed a specific crime?

Morally his action would be reprehensible, but what type of law would be the most severe violation?

Assuming it does break some law, then it seems it would be nearly impossible to prove criminal intent, as he could just say he was testing it out and forgot it. What would be needed to show criminal intent?

Pretty interesting subject as the saboteur isn't harming the gun, nor is he pulling the trigger. But common sense at least says he is trying to get someone hurt. There must be legal examples of this if not with guns then other tools or equipment.

As always, following the gun safety rules protects physically as well as legally!

Whether this were to happen at a gun show or at a dealer or private residence, has the "ammo planter" committed a specific crime?

Morally his action would be reprehensible, but what type of law would be the most severe violation?

Assuming it does break some law, then it seems it would be nearly impossible to prove criminal intent, as he could just say he was testing it out and forgot it. What would be needed to show criminal intent?

Pretty interesting subject as the saboteur isn't harming the gun, nor is he pulling the trigger. But common sense at least says he is trying to get someone hurt. There must be legal examples of this if not with guns then other tools or equipment.

As always, following the gun safety rules protects physically as well as legally!

If nobody was shot, and they couldn't prove intent (for an attempted murder or attempted assault charge), there'd still be some sort of misdemeanor that would work - "reckless endangerment" or something like that, depending on the state.

If someone was shot, there'd be quite a few civil and criminal possibilities depending on what happened.

Well,,, the BS and false hype has been proved wrong. It is real! Just 2 minutes ago I saw a news report of a gun show attendee getting shot at a gun show from a display gun. It may turn out that there is more involved than a gun show accident but the report was a man was shot in the chest in a Colorado show. So, if you say it's not true, think again. There are people out there who want headlines and this is a way to do it while making people like us look like criminals.

http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=432736

Man shot at gun show in apparent accident

Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 4:24 p.m.

Read more: State, Crime, Adams County Sheriff, Denver, Gun Show, Shooting, Tanner Gun Show, Denver Merchandise Mart, Denver Health Medical Center

DENVER (AP) — Authorities say a man was shot at a Denver gun show in an apparent accident.

Adams County Sheriff's Sgt. Candi Baker says the shooting occurred Saturday afternoon as two people were looking at a gun and it went off.

She says investigators interviewed the person who was holding the gun as well as numerous witnesses.

The victim was taken to Denver Health Medical Center with a gunshot wound to the upper body, but his condition wasn't immediately available.

The shooting occurred during the Tanner Gun Show at the Denver Merchandise Mart near Interstate 25 and East 58th Avenue.

The show's website says it is illegal to have loaded guns inside the show and security personnel disable most guns.

This is a very serious issue.

Did you actually SEE this happening? Did you alert the police, or security?

If you did not actually see this happening, where did you get the information from?

I am not discounting your post, but were you a witness to this, or did you get this info from a reliable source?

I did not witness this but while at the show, my good friend who works one of the booths told me that they found 2 live 12 guages rounds in a brandnew gun and also live rounds in another firearm. I know for a fact that this happened.

For the fool who posting the BS flag. I think before you act like a bubblegum you should get your bubblegum straight. YOu are probably some loser who sits in your house all day and talks bubblegum!!!! This is a serious issue and needs to be addressed. I WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU AND SEE YOU CALL ME A LIAR!!!!

For all those who are smart and know that making up some BS like this could cause a serious issue..... Please, please, be safe in the future...

This bag of hot gas gets circulated every year or two. Apparently somebody gets a chain-email and thinks it is news. Then they repost the myth to sound important to somebody. Naturally they can cite no evidence for their claim and don't try to do so.

Virtually every gunshow in the nation now secures the action of every single firearm displayed with a zip tie to block the gun's action. First, it ensures that the weapon is unloaded; second, it prevents any saboteour from inserting a cartridge in the chamber.

Plus, virtually every gunshow in the nation has prowling undercover and uniformed officers of many different agencies viewing the tables for any improprieties, not to mention the gunshow staff and private security doing the same. If you have a table, you can easily see the patterns. They usually wear "cop shoes." Any table owner caught with a violation is usually forced to vacate the premises immediately. They ain't kidding around anymore.....................elsullo :cool:

You are quite right there captain obvious.... Hence you didnt see me posting "chambered rounds found at gun show".... Not changing the story at all. A zip tie can prevent chambering but not loading a shotgun or a lever gun.... Stop being so literal and look at the big picture. I feel like I am talking to a couple elementary children....

You are quite right there captain obvious.... Hence you didnt see me posting "chambered rounds found at gun show".... Not changing the story at all. A zip tie can prevent chambering but not loading a shotgun or a lever gun.... Stop being so literal and look at the big picture. I feel like I am talking to a couple elementary children....

Sorry that I assumed that you had no personal evidence for your warning, since you did not provide any. I too am not changing "the story" as I have seen similar posts-without-source-or-verification several times in the last decade on various messageboards.

I agree that it is possible to load into some tubular magazines while the action itself is sealed. It's not that hard to distract the gunshow table people---I once was selling a pistol at a show and looked up to see an idiot had taken my AK apart while handling it!

What these "saboteurs" hope to accomplish by leaving a loaded but chamber-locked gun is mysterious. Thanks for your warning........................elsullo

What do cop shoes look like?

This sounds like a hearsay comment, not something someone actually witnessed, otherwise it would have been addressed and dealt with.

I have attended gun shows for thirty years, and seen the changes happen. I have had a gunshow table of my own fairly recently, and seen all that I speak of in action. I have wandered the internet for twenty years and seen this gasbag "warning" several times before. If there EVER was such a problem, it HAS been dealt with......................elsullo :cool:

I was agreeing with you when I said it sounds like a rumor gets circulated around. After reading other comments, it appears something happened in Denver. In regards to the original post, I thought he was referring to the Portland multiday show that was occurring the day he posted. But I still am curious what cop shoes look like? It seems to me a cop could wear anything, especially if they are trying to blend in to the crowd. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that they do secret shopping. It keeps everyone honest in their dealings.

But I still am curious what cop shoes look like?

32061.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads