JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wanted to tell everyone on here about a very serious issue. Someone, or a group of someones, has been putting live ammunition in guns at the gun show this weekend. Will everyone please please please be sure to make sure that all guns handled have a clear chamber when handling any firearm. We need to remember that these people who are doing this militious act are trying to pull our rights away from us by making us look bad and neglegent. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE SAFE and prove these bubblegums we are responsible gun owners....

Agent provacateurs.

I would also say its safe to bet that the folks spitting at black congressmen and yelling racial epithets this weekend in Washington weren't real Tea-Partyers either.

Keith

I pray this isn't true, but has anyone been handed a gun where they don't do the all to appropriate 'half-rack' of the slide/pump/break-open.
For instance, I've never been handed a pistol that wasn't racked back and locked so you can see the empty chamber and exposed barrel.
But as Bigfoot said, once its in our hands, we should check everything JustInCase!

I pray this isn't true, but has anyone been handed a gun where they don't do the all to appropriate 'half-rack' of the slide/pump/break-open.
For instance, I've never been handed a pistol that wasn't racked back and locked so you can see the empty chamber and exposed barrel.
But as Bigfoot said, once its in our hands, we should check everything JustInCase!

I wouldnt be dishonest about something like this... I know that there are booths where we are allowed to hhandle guns without someone checking first, just making sure we all use what our fathers taught us and keep that finger off the trigger til we know it's clear. Absolutely not making this up.

I seriously think this needs to brought to the attention of the media and the cops. If found , that weapon needs to be taken and the round fingerprinted. Deliberate sabotage like this is at least a recklessly endangering charge. Yes its a hassle but what happens if it continues and it eventually causes an incident. If the Gun Show organizer can be shown to have had prior knowledge of such attempts and had not reported it to police and taken further steps to safeguard its patrons. That's right. Lawsuit heaven for whoever got hurt and justification to try to get new rules like no touching firearms, or zip tied guns. Both of which would decrease attendance and higher insurance rates would make it far less profitable for the gun show operator. This needs to be put down now or gun shows might just fail as a business enterprise.

Goes back to the rules of handling firearms.

Despicable that somebody would do something like that.

If ANY vendor catches ANYBODY doing ANYTHING remotely close to try and put a round in a firearm.....They should get very loud at the show and publicly embarass them and let everybody around the table know what just happened . Then get the show security to esscort them out the door. Make it as public as possible. Of course notify the police. :s0155:

This brings to mind a new thread that I've been meaning to start, and that is of "accidental discharges". (Not those that occur while you sleep, dreaming of the cute little red-headed girl in junior high).:winkkiss: See new thread in this category.

If the OP is talking about the Portland gun show, then aren't all the guns zip tied already?

Very much, all the vendors and all the attendees must have the action blocked with a zip tie at the door before entrance of any firearm. Two inspections to insure this are done before entry. The only way a gun on display could be loaded is to first remove this block to use. That alone should be immediately reported to security on site.

Main security at the show are on duty officers, county and city, in addition to any EXPO staff. Two at the lobby desk checking and blocking declared weapons coming in, two at the entrance door and two at the exit door, and others about the show.

It only takes one bubblegumhat to snip a block off or not declare a CC weapon to lay the foundation to mayhem. 100% security simply is not possible without destroying the whole purpose of the show. Just pay attention. If you see an unblocked action, tell the vendor and security ASAP. Just watch how fast that gets fixed.

I wanted to tell everyone on here about a very serious issue. Someone, or a group of someones, has been putting live ammunition in guns at the gun show this weekend. Will everyone please please please be sure to make sure that all guns handled have a clear chamber when handling any firearm. We need to remember that these people who are doing this militious act are trying to pull our rights away from us by making us look bad and neglegent. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE SAFE and prove these bubblegums we are responsible gun owners....

this may be true, but i'm sceptical. is it time to raise the flag?
:bsflag:

This is a very serious issue.

Did you actually SEE this happening? Did you alert the police, or security?

If you did not actually see this happening, where did you get the information from?

I am not discounting your post, but were you a witness to this, or did you get this info from a reliable source?

this may be true, but i'm sceptical. is it time to raise the flag?
:bsflag:

This bag of hot gas gets circulated every year or two. Apparently somebody gets a chain-email and thinks it is news. Then they repost the myth to sound important to somebody. Naturally they can cite no evidence for their claim and don't try to do so.

Virtually every gunshow in the nation now secures the action of every single firearm displayed with a zip tie to block the gun's action. First, it ensures that the weapon is unloaded; second, it prevents any saboteour from inserting a cartridge in the chamber.

Plus, virtually every gunshow in the nation has prowling undercover and uniformed officers of many different agencies viewing the tables for any improprieties, not to mention the gunshow staff and private security doing the same. If you have a table, you can easily see the patterns. They usually wear "cop shoes." Any table owner caught with a violation is usually forced to vacate the premises immediately. They ain't kidding around anymore.....................elsullo :cool:

Plus, virtually every gunshow in the nation has prowling undercover and uniformed officers of many different agencies viewing the tables for any improprieties, not to mention the gunshow staff and private security doing the same. If you have a table, you can easily see the patterns. They usually wear "cop shoes."

What do cop shoes look like?

This sounds like a hearsay comment, not something someone actually witnessed, otherwise it would have been addressed and dealt with.

What do cop shoes look like?

This sounds like a hearsay comment, not something someone actually witnessed, otherwise it would have been addressed and dealt with.

I have attended gun shows for thirty years, and seen the changes happen. I have had a gunshow table of my own fairly recently, and seen all that I speak of in action. I have wandered the internet for twenty years and seen this gasbag "warning" several times before. If there EVER was such a problem, it HAS been dealt with......................elsullo :cool:

Well,,, the BS and false hype has been proved wrong. It is real! Just 2 minutes ago I saw a news report of a gun show attendee getting shot at a gun show from a display gun. It may turn out that there is more involved than a gun show accident but the report was a man was shot in the chest in a Colorado show. So, if you say it's not true, think again. There are people out there who want headlines and this is a way to do it while making people like us look like criminals.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top