JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One of the worst things about becoming a Washington resident are the crappy gun laws and sales tax on guns. Another bad thing is the lack of good gunshops. anyone have any suggestions regarding a good place to buy guns or are we stuck with big box stores?

My go to:

Brightwater Ventures
12200 N.E. 60th Way #105A
Vancouver Wa, 98682
(360) 256-0568

yup, been around long. And known for good service.

Also, Might far away but The gun shop at Long-View is also good shop. They don't much displayed. (lots of used long guns) And they can order pretty much anything you need with good price.

Mike with Brightwater is good and decent people there. Even though I thought I heard Mike was gone or leaving.

I also use LL Guns in Battle Ground. Terry there is a nice guy who took the most time for me in patiently answering my questions, when I first got into guns. Back when women had a hard time getting any attention at the counter... this guy gave me my first, respectful experiences. I didn't have to have a guy along to get good customer service there. He has my respect.

He also kept the best ammo stock of any store in Clark County when things were down. I was always able to walk away with at least one box when the shelves were bare everywhere else. Seemed pretty similar pricing as Brightwater with all my handgun purchases.

I haven't had a whole lot of luck with CC guns off Chaklov. Pretty consistently they were the same or slightly higher in price than the other two and less stocked.

I haven't been to Bob's in Longview but I heard they at least had an impressive selection on Kimbers as well as a good consistent stock on ammo.

Crossroads Arms (jcs3 here on NWFA) is pretty good but he isn't a gun store. However, he is close and convenient for East County people and has good prices.

Andrew (coctailer) at Ortwein is good but he is a little farther out for me.

Otherwise, it's Brightwater or Wholesale Sports. AFAIK.

I think there are a few more up north in the Battle Ground area - maybe. There's a store in Kelso/Longview too but I've only been there once.

Well everyone has said Brightwater:s0114: C and C are ok they do not have a big selection but can order almost anything. And as stated Crossroads is just a hop skip and a jump from you. Joe is a standup guy and will get you almost anything you want. He is usually cheaper to as his overhead is not to bad:D

I think there are a few more up north in the Battle Ground area - maybe. There's a store in Kelso/Longview too but I've only been there once.[/QUOTE]

When in Longview try Bob's at 1111 Hudson. Bob's is like a small Cabelas.
Also try the Gun Shop (aka West Coast Loan) and Manchesters, although I have been in these to stores in years.

Mike still hangs around the shop but he no longer owns it. Several stories floating around about what happened but he was shut down while FFL and state licenses changed.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I am from vancouver. and only place i bought my gun was The gun shop at long view. i was happy with the purchase. (they only have few displayed guns). lots of used long guns. it's didnt matter for me, because i know what i wanna get.

West Coast Loan & Guns- Great prices & service
Bob's-Never been
Clearwater ventures- Awsome prices great service
Wholesale Sports- 1kinda bad & many great experiences (called ahead for a metal part drove 20miles and WoW, PlAsTiC.) FukN wierd? HU..(not there gas/time)
C&C-seem's slightly over priced IMO but very positive, nice folks
L&L Gun's, in Battleground- If anyone on NWFA were in my shoes you would have a new found meaning for pissed-off. Until my incident L&L Guns was my Favorite gun shop. I turned everyone i know in his direction. Now (having lost my fav gun shop) im here to say please dont give these people your money.

Looks like a good list.
Brightwater has a good selection, Mike has been good to deal with over the years, Terry at L&L in Battleground, likewise. The guys at C&C are good too, limited stock but like any dealer they can order it.
Joe sells under the name Crossroads Arms and is a very nice guy. Andrew (Coctailer), likewise.
The shop in Longview on 15th has some very good deals occasionally. Continental Loan and Jewelry in Orchards, Lucky Loan downtown Vancouver, RW Pawn in Hazel Dell.
Discount sports, no recommendation here as I have only looked at the selection but no personal experience.
Of course, the best thing about Washington is buying guns FTF at Gunshows....
There is one show every month on the 2nd Saturday in Vancouver.
Happy Hunting and Happy Thanksgiving
Guitarguy

Noticed a brand spanking new gun store in Hazel Dell on Hwy 99 almost across the street from the Fred Meyers. Haven't been in yet but noticed quite a selection of rifles hanging from the south wall as I drove by. Anyone stopped in yet?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top