JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last Wednesday at a PBS Town Hall meeting, once the main show ended and the broadcast was over, some additional questions of the President were allowed. During this time, a gun shop owner confronted the President about using tragedies to push for more gun control, effectively punishing and limiting law abiding gun owners.

The President responded with obvious irritation at the question. He begins by going after the NRA, even blaming them for allowing dangerous terrorist types for getting guns by blocking his efforts for 'common sense' gun laws. At no point does the POS POTUS actually answer the question he was asked, rather he does what so many politicians of his type do - redirect his answer to a question that wasn't asked - in this case answering in an irritated voice that he's not trying to take our guns away. He, as are many others, simply refuse to address the actual question.

Now, get this, part of his response actually included a statement, apparently in his own defense, that not only is he not coming after our guns, but that gun sales have gone up during his presidency. He said it as if that's some positive thing on his part!!! What a f'ing moron!! Gun sales have gone up because of his attacks on gun owner's rights. That's not something he should be proud of, he should be disgusted that his actions have cause the opposite response from what he wanted. It only shows that he is even more of a failure in his efforts and that the American public on a very large scale, perceive him as a threat to their liberty. People are not so stupid as to be fooled by his worn out gun control rhetoric. And go ahead, keep blaming the NRA - they only represent about 5,000,000 of the 100,000,000+ gun owners in this country. Keep ignoring those other 95,000,000+ gun owners and you will continue to fail in your comprehension of the true feelings that gun owners have toward you and your anti-liberty policies. I love watching him squirm when he knows he's been directly confronted with his failures.

The level of arrogance of this President is beyond my capacity to comprehend. The end of his term cannot come soon enough.

You can watch the brief video of the question and Obama's response at the link below - unfortunately the site doesn't allow me to embed this video here:

<broken link removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing that I disagree with you about in your post is the following excerpt."the American public on a very large scale, perceive him as a threat to their liberty." If this is true then why and how did he get elected a second time? Other than that I whole heartedly agree with you, as I seem to do with most of your posts.

The only thing that I disagree with you about in your post is the following excerpt."the American public on a very large scale, perceive him as a threat to their liberty." If this is true then why and how did he get elected a second time? Other than that I whole heartedly agree with you, as I seem to do with most of your posts.

Fair point. I guess it comes to how I stated it - I can see how it could be interpreted differently than what I actually meant. It could be read that I meant "most Americans", which obviously isn't true, but there are a large number that do perceive his threat, and that was the "large number" I was thinking of, not necessarily a majority. It's clearly in the millions, likely in the tens of millions, and it's probably not a stretch to go that far. Considering the other stuff he's done just recently, I would say getting up to 100,000,000 dissatisfied and concerned citizens may not be a stretch either :)

I can say that among many Democrats I know personally, they are displeased with how far he's pushed his radical agenda, and a growing number are concerned that Hillary will follow the same path. And gun sales will likely continue to grow if she were the President.

Quite simply put, nobody trusts the man (with the exception, of course, of his fanatic disciples). Like most politicians, he thinks he can pee down our collective backs, tell us it's raining, and thinks we actually believe him. These people lie so much they believe their own stories, and that is a VERY dangerous type of person to have in a position of power.

here is another link to the vid that gets right to the point, ... I ran into this yesterday when it showed up in my Facebook timeline. First thing I noticed was that Obama did not answer the gentleman's question. He just goes into a long speal about how gun owners are blocking "common sense" gun laws and thus preventing solutions to violent crime from taking place.... except that the gentleman's question was about a solution... the president puts the blame on him/us.

its just frustrating to watch thinking this is the mentality of more than half of America.

here is another link to the vid that gets right to the point, ... I ran into this yesterday when it showed up in my Facebook timeline. First thing I noticed was that Obama did not answer the gentleman's question. He just goes into a long speal about how gun owners are blocking "common sense" gun laws and thus preventing solutions to violent crime from taking place.... except that the gentleman's question was about a solution... the president puts the blame on him/us.

its just frustrating to watch thinking this is the mentality of more than half of America.

Yep, that's the anti's only real strategy - blame us as, and the NRA, as the problem. Ignore the criminals, the gang-bangers, the drug lords he armed in Mexico, the illegal immigrants from all over the world. Never mind that he wants to allow a big number of unchecked/unvetted immigrants from known terrorist supporting countries into this country. It's irresponsible of him (and those that support it), but he has the gall to point the finger at us. Hopefully, come November, a majority of Americans will have woken up to the reality that they've been screwed over royally these last 7 years.

Last Edited:
Quite simply put, nobody trusts the man (with the exception, of course, of his fanatic disciples). Like most politicians, he thinks he can pee down our collective backs, tell us it's raining, and thinks we actually believe him. These people lie so much they believe their own stories, and that is a VERY dangerous type of person to have in a position of power.

If there's any politician you trust, I'd like to talk to you about a bridge I have for sale...

Yep, that's the anti's only real strategy - blame us as, and the NRA, as the problem. Ignore the criminals, the gang-bangers, the drug lords he armed in Mexico, the illegal immigrants from all over the world. Never mind that he wants to allow a big number of unchecked immigrants from known terrorist supporting countries into this country. It's irresponsible of him (and those that support it), but he has the gall to point the finger at us. Hopefully, come November, a majority of Americans will have woken up to the reality that they've been screwed over royally these last 7 years.

yeah. its also frustrating how gun politics seems to be intertwined with other political topics where most liberals also ignore the truth and distort their opponents views. I'm reminded every day that if I think we should tighten security checks on all immigration into the US that I am racist and a bigot, never-mind not once I said any specific immigrant demographic.

yeah. its also frustrating how gun politics seems to be intertwined with other political topics where most liberals also ignore the truth and distort their opponents views. I'm reminded every day that if I think we should tighten security checks on all immigration into the US that I am racist and a bigot, never-mind not once I said any specific immigrant demographic.

I can't help but feel betrayed by politicians on both sides. When it comes to guns, it's one party that is constantly assaulting our rights - whether folks here or elsewhere don't like that assessment, there simply is no way to deny the fact that they are the sworn enemy to gun rights. I don't discuss much other stuff politicians do to piss me off since the topic here on this site is pretty much restricted to guns. But yeah, we've been screwed by both D's and R's when it comes to illegal immigration - they both own that damn mess.

He got elected a second time because "we" stayed home. "We" cannot afford to do that again this November. I don't care if you like Trump or not, but I like him more than I like Hillary, a woman I hold in the same regard as dog poop on my dining room rug.

What Obama did was brilliant, and it provides a lesson for all of us: we need to watch out for the same with Billary, who I think is much slipperier and slimier than Obama on his worst day.
  1. He dodged the question about Chicago altogether, instead redirecting it to the example of cars and safety;
  2. He painted the background check, and requirement to verify you know how to use a firearm as reasonable and equivalent;
  3. He vilified Congress as impeding any progress in even studying ways to make guns safer;
  4. He then said the weak gun laws prevented him from blocking ISIS sympathizers from buying firearms and ammunition.
To the above, I caution:
  1. Hillary will obfuscate and redirect even more so, under the guise she is "fighting for us!"
  2. Implementing a qualification requirement will dramatically impact the ability to procure a gun, i.e. just like it takes MONTHS to get my TSA Pre Check approval, it will take even more to get the chance to prove I can actually shoot my gun and hit my target. This opens up the opportunity to enact restrictive and unreasonable registration legislation, very similar to the laws which prevented blacks from voting for so many decades.
  3. As always, point at the other guy. I would wager that the majority of safety improvements in automobiles have been a result of product liability suits, ultimately taken steps further by the NHTSA. Has anyone fact checked his assertion? How many accidents, how many injuries/fatalities have there been over the last 40 years? He's talking about finding ways to make guns safer, which appeals to people who don't know d1ck about guns. The equivalent is a sensor which disables the firing mechanism if it senses it's pointed at a person. This subverts the whole intended purpose of a firearm.
  4. Evidently they never learned from 9/11. ISIS sympathizers, and they're buying guns and ammunition? Ummmm....
As I'm sure others have pointed out, you don't need a license to BUY a car, nor do you have to be of any age. You have to pass laws to USE it in PUBLIC. A similar scenario is this: anyone can BUY a gun, without restriction, just like cars, no one can USE a gun in public unless they have passed a competency test. I believe we already have most of that in place....

Last Edited:
If you can read between the lines you'll know what I really think of him!!!
. . . .. . . .. .... . . .. . .. .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .!!!
Furthermore , . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. .!!!!!
Sheldon

It certainly will be the year of the angry voter. I've seen people pissed off in the past going into a general election, but at least in my lifetime, I've not experienced the kind of vitriol these politicians have brought upon themselves. I hope a clear message is sent in November that the voters know they still have power in these elections, and I hope many incumbents on both sides feel the sting of an angry electorate.

Bill Clinton: "You can't have people walking around with guns"
Hillary Clinton: "When it comes to guns, we have just too many guns. On the streets, in our homes, in our neighborhoods" "And we do have a bunch of powerful interests, make no mistake about it. But there is no more powerful lobby than the gun lobby."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top