JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It that the store.....located next to the Finnish Hall (or maybe it is the Hall)? I think that I can remember....asking about a "puukko". BTW.....they didn't have one.

But if it is......the small gun shop is located in the back (of the clothes and stuff at the front).

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Gun and boot and gear is where I went when I worked in Astoria. Decent selection and had ammo way back when. Not sure what they have now.
I was at this shop about a month ago. I don't believe they have a sign anywhere on the building. I drove around the block twice before I decided to try walking in. Even while inside I thought I had the wrong place. The lady inside directed me to go to the very back. I'd guess that they have maybe 500 sqft of space there.

I didn't look around too much since I went in to ship a gun, and the guy didn't really seem like he wanted to do it. He mentioned he would have to make the trip down to Warrenton, so I'd be better off going there myself since he'd charge me more. I don't think he realized that I'd have to ship a handgun overnight if did it myself.

Unless you are looking for overpriced pmags or bunch of attitude from the sales staff GBG is not your place. I recommend visiting Mark down in Cannon Beach, nice guy, keeps his shop stocked up, and prices are fair too. Also I have heard good things about Johnson's in Hammond, though I have not been in there yet.

It has been a great while since I've been there. I wonder if Sky's Gunsmithing is still around?
Sky's vision failed and he closed up shop about 12 years ago. He was a friend and I gave him a lot of business.

Unless you are looking for overpriced pmags or bunch of attitude from the sales staff GBG is not your place. I recommend visiting Mark down in Cannon Beach, nice guy, keeps his shop stocked up, and prices are fair too. Also I have heard good things about Johnson's in Hammond, though I have not been in there yet.
Mark is a solid guy and has been my go to LGS for some time. Ultra liberal Cannon Beach's best kept secret.

Johnson's Gun Shop was a thing when Armiste Johnson was alive, but his son, while a heck of a nice guy, is about blind and relies on his daughter for details like ordering and such.

Sky's vision failed and he closed up shop about 12 years ago. He was a friend and I gave him a lot of business.

Mark is a solid guy and has been my go to LGS for some time. Ultra liberal Cannon Beach's best kept secret.

Johnson's Gun Shop was a thing when Armiste Johnson was alive, but his son, while a heck of a nice guy, is about blind and relies on his daughter for details like ordering and such.
I'm in Cannon Beach this weekend...does Mark's shop have a name or internet link?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews