Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun seller shot in front of 10 yr okd daughter

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by clearconscience, Apr 6, 2016.

1. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Ura-Ki, Joe13 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  2. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Yes I read this earlier, some POS did this in front of his kid!
    In a crowded parking lot and no witness or description from police.
    Sounds like he possibly got a shot off, I hope it went right up the douche bags A$$ and he dies a miserable slow death.
    I second the "never alone" part.

Ura-Ki, Caveman Jim, Joe13 and 2 others like this.
  3. 2A2Dend

2A2Dend .. Well-Known Member

This story is one reason I did not sell any firearms privately pre 594 or now unless I know them, or go to a dealer.
    What a scum bag MF'r. I hope the seller made his mark

clearconscience likes this.
  4. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I get texts from friends...

"Hey, selling XYZ at ABC store at TIME, can you meet me there? They will be in [Vehicle description]."

If I'm available I'm there 20 minutes prior to the sale. Sometimes I'm with kid to not look conspicuous, other times I'm solo. We always play it safe on expensive items.

Don't meet strangers alone anymore. NWFA guys are cool if you have multiple transactions in the positive.

5. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

What a shame. I am sorry this guys kid had to witness such an awful thing. For me, all gun transactions happen INSIDE the store where background is being done. If it is an accessory or ammo, I meet only in highly populated areas such as entrance to Cabelas or inside a coffee shop. Whenever possible, phone a friend. Be safe my friends.

6. Boboclown

Boboclown North Carolina Well-Known Member

That's why I always bring a friend when selling something in private. Whether its involving a gun or not.

7. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I just show up...

Situational awareness, a gun and not looking like a soft target has seen me thru hundreds of Internet transactions from shady areas of town to higher end areas.

I should preface this and say I screen potential meet ups for threat starting with the first email and phone call.

Not knocking people who meet in the mall or bring a friend. Maybe I have gotten too comfortable but I figure it can happen anywhere at any time for any reason so just be ready for it all the time.

P.S. I'd never bring a child to a meet up - half the time I debate what would happen if I brought my dog and a gun fight broke out.

d2the3 and clearconscience like this.
  8. The Courier

The Courier Newberg, Oregon Well-Known Member

What a tragedy, and out in the open? Certainly shows that criminals and psychopaths dont care about the when and where and who's involved just as long as the get what they want. This is why I have been looking at a level IIIA covert vest for a little added insurance and doesnt make it obvious that I'm wearing it, one company even makes a standard looking baseball cap that will stop a 45acp at 2yrds. Not that anyone of these items will necessarily save my life but anything to tip the odds in my favor when blood is on the line is worth the investment, that said I have had nothing but good dealings with members on here. stay safe ladies and gents.

9. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

If the deal is too good to be true... It probably is.

The Courier and clearconscience like this.
  10. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

You do have to have some 6th sense awareness when dealing with people before you meet.
    No matter what your buying.
    I usually go alone, but always get as much info as I can and give to my wife before I go out. Then I show up early and watch for the person meeting if it looks like someone is following them, if others are loitering around.
    When they pull up I text my wife or a friend their license plate number.

But I only meet people off from here and no one that is a new member with less than a few hundred postings.

And never, never meet up at your house.

If meeting someone on CL, better have a sniper in the trees.

Dyjital, The Courier and Joe13 like this.
  11. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Yep - and with me it was usually several emails and calls before a meetup Looking for any patterns or inconsistencies. And NEVER meet at night. While bad things can and do happen anywhere and anytime a weekend night can have additional 'influences' on a person.... BUT with SB941 this is all in the past - right?.........

Ura-Ki, mjbskwim and Joe13 like this.
  12. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

OH of course it is:rolleyes:

Caveman Jim, 308 and salmonriverjohn like this.
  13. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

A co-workers brother sold a hand gun lately and when he went to deposit his cash in his bank, lol and behold his new cash was counterfeit which the bank called the local PD to report this cash. Now this guy is not only out of his pistol he is looking at charges for violation of SB941 here in Jackson Co.

RicInOR and mjbskwim like this.
  14. mjbskwim

This comes to mindo_O
    ;)

15. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

A pack of counterfeit pens is pretty cheap. If the paper looks worn out but the ink looks fresh then refuse it.

16. mjbskwim

The latest thing is to bleach the paper and then reprint one to twenties
    (not sure if latest:rolleyes:)
    The counterfeit pens read GTG 'cause it's the right fabric (denim)