JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought I would start a thread where we can link to news stories of Defensive Gun Use. Often we hear so much about how guns kill people in the news and these lawful DGUs are usually at the bottom of the news feed if at all, or they otherwise disappear quickly to other current events. It would be nice to have this one thread to refer to whenever we need examples....

Even if you just share a news link, no commentary needed, but helpful..

First up a lady in King City Oregon shoots at her estranged ex causing him to flee. And they say that having a gun in the house greatly increases your chance it will be used against you in domestic violence.
<broken link removed>

I also saved the link on the Internet archive "Wayback Machine" in case katu deletes the story which is often the case with DGUs.
Deputies searching for 'violent' man who broke into home, fled after being shot at

there is also this site as well: Self Defense Map

But still, I think it would be useful to list incidents as they happen as current events. Especially locally...

<broken link removed>

TACOMA, Wash. -- A homeowner shot and killed a 20-year-old man who forced his way into his home early Saturday morning.

The shooting occurred around 5100 9th Avenue Northeast around 3:30 a.m. after the homeowner awoke to the sound of a burglar on the porch, Ed Troyer with Pierce County Sheriff's Office says.

The homeowner alerted the suspect that he was in the house, the Sheriff's Office says. The suspect then forced his way into the home, the Sheriff's Office says.

The homeowner confronted the suspect and shot him once, Troyer said.

The suspect died on scene. His identity has not been released.

A toddler in the home at the time of the shooting was not hurt.

Detectives are forensic investigators are on scene. The homeowners are cooperating.

Intruder shot by homeowner now facing stalking, trespass charges

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top