JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Even though last month was down 1.3% from February 2009, this February saw 21.7% more background checks for gun purchases than February 2008 and is the eighth-highest month on record. Murdoc’s suspicion, given the current state of employment and the economy in general, is that private sales are also strong.
So while the Great Obama Gun Rush has run its course, gun buying is still a very strong market.

Some might call it fearmongering but . . . Tis better to have and not need than to need and not have. Will they come after our firearms? Time will tell.

Questions; Have you bought more than one firearm since bho has taken office and do you keep more ammunition on hand now than before this current anti=gun administration took office?

I'll admit to buying my first "Assault Rifle" out of Obama Fear.

and after getting a taste of that fun I've been buying more guns than before.

ObamaFear is the gateway drug to more guns because after the first, you realize how much fun they are!
Plus now with gun prices coming down, the new addicts are buying.

Most rational people know that what Pelosi and Brady and Obama think about gun control will never pass as legislation, but there is fear from sources other than the government.
Unemployment (can also be read as 'rise in crime' Not by all unemployed people, but by some) and the inevitable earthquakes (that the N.Cali, Oregon and Washington coast) are 'due' for are also fear factors. (when supplies to Central Oregon get cut off because the pass roads break after an earthquake.... ugh, I saw store starting to run out of stuff after about 5 days of mega snow a few winters ago)
The brisk rise in Domestic assaults has lead to a new position in the Oregon government to prosecute against this, many of these are people out of work and under medical bill pressure.
And Crime is up. I do work (on the Tech side) of TV news, and I've never seen as many murders, murder-suicides, break-ins and such as this year and 2009 especially when it hit the cold months.
Therefore, Guns for Offense, Guns for Defense, I think that the ObamaFear is over since Prices as online-gun-sellers (aside from GB) and Pawn shops is down, but demand is high, we are in fear of each other.

I have to be honest here... I bought more guns, ammunition, components, etc. in 2009 then I ever have in a years time before. Yes I too bought my first high cap rifle last year. I honestly wasn't that interested in them prior to 2008/2009 but with the fear of another Assault Weapons Ban in the works I figured I better get one while I could.

Considering Obama, his cabinet, and his many czars are anti-gun, I tend to think it is only a matter of time before they try and make a move on guns. Right now they more than have their hands full with health care, cap and trade, etc. I think gun control may be part of their second tier agenda. If they can manage to push through some of the big things they want, then they will move for the guns.

Any fear that the Obama administration will at some time attempt to pass gun control is well founded and prudent considering Obama's position on guns as well as those of the people he surrounds himself with.

I had very little ammo before and have since stocked up some.
I thought the ammo shortage was supposed to be leveling off, but I went to Bimart today to pick up some 9mm and they were all out. So I think the ammo shortage isn't as bad as it was, but there is still a definite shortage.

Considering Obama, his cabinet, and his many czars are anti-gun, I tend to think it is only a matter of time before they try and make a move on guns. Right now they more than have their hands full with health care, cap and trade, etc. I think gun control may be part of their second tier agenda. If they can manage to push through some of the big things they want, then they will move for the guns.

Any fear that the Obama administration will at some time attempt to pass gun control is well founded and prudent considering Obama's position on guns as well as those of the people he surrounds himself with.

I had very little ammo before and have since stocked up some.
I thought the ammo shortage was supposed to be leveling off, but I went to Bimart today to pick up some 9mm and they were all out. So I think the ammo shortage isn't as bad as it was, but there is still a definite shortage.

That is my thinking also and I said last year that 2010 would be the year that Obama and his Congress would make some attempts to come after guns. Depending upon what happens with Health Care it may happen by summer or if health care fails, maybe they will wait to see the outcome of the election.

There are many members of Congress that are licking their chops right now hoping to take advantage of the large majority that they enjoy to advance their gun control agenda.

The AG wants a new assault weapons so bad he can taste it so I think he will be the one pushing for that legislation first. Lots of bills hanging in the wings right now.

No panic buying here. I have not bought a new gun or much ammo since the election. I was already prepared before then. I have a few friends who did not own a gun before, buy one out of fear that they would be banned. Many who paid no attention to gun control issues before, are now very interested in protecting their own rights. This is a good thing.

Now with the availability and more reasonable prices starting to return, I might do some shopping later this year.

I don't expect to see any major fedral gun legislation until Obama's second term if there is one. Public support for him is down and gun control is not important enough to him to take on those in his own party that do not support further gun control. Now it does not surprise me that certain states are pushing control type legislation. I think we will contiune to see this in 'those' places as they try and test the limits of Heller.

Though i did not start buying guns at a higher rate, i did start stocking up on ammo in early 2008. I love to target shoot and had a feeling ammo was going to be hard to find.

I have a friend who is gay and liberal, she and her girlfriend were anti-gun until i started engaging them in debate and giving them facts on guns and gun control. They both know i have a CHL and always carry. Long story short, I'm taking them shooting soon then gun shopping after they get a feel for what they want.

Picked up a new M&P 45 Midsize today and the clerk told me the state was doing about 11,000 back round checks a month since the first of the year. At 10 bucks a pop that's a pretty good income

If they get gov. run healthcare it will be used for gun control as a health issue.The big city mayors have already claimed that gun shot victims going to city hospitals is a problem that should call for gun control.

Just looking at this tread again and remembering I started buying extra ammo and semi auto's like sks's and ak's after clinton was elected. Didn't care for the "assault" rifles until I found out clinton didn't like them.

started acquiring after the kenyan got his throne..... and found it to be so much fun I haven't stopped yet. Carry permits in two states now, got packet to apply for Florida by mail....

as to ammo, I buy things I can use when I find them and can afford it. Nowhere near enough, but way more than I ever dreamed I'd own, say, two years ago. I need to get into reloading, and figure out what supplies I need for that, and get them in store. At this point I am feeling very understocked........

Most rational people know that what Pelosi and Brady and Obama think about gun control will never pass as legislation,

HUH? What are you smoking? It's not if but when.

I've purchased at least 20 guns in the last 12 months and seldom buy less than 10K primers at a time.

"Barack Hussein Obama MMM MMM MMM!"

Zombies voted for him.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top