JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What guns or when I buy has nothing to do with any election.

What YOU as an individual does,has nothing to do with what the rest of the free world does either.

And the fact is,there are many people that are buying more guns because they want to protect themselves and because they believe that if Obama gets re-elected,there will be greater restrictions on gun sales and ownership.

Who knows for sure? This election may have a lot to do with how and when you are able to buy guns
e will see won't we?

In the last Portland Expo show, several unrelated sellers mentioned that "gun sales exploded after the DNC", of course, this may all be FUD (which is what I'm leaning to believe), but I have no data to prove or disprove.

What guns or when I buy has nothing to do with any election.

The availability of certain items, new or used, can have a lot to do with what you will be able to buy during an election year. It almost never has anything to do with who will or won't be elected. People freak out during election times, shelves run bare. I've seen it time and time again. We are still waiting on some inventory that was ordered 9 months ago. There is not enough supply to meet demand right now and most manufacturers are afraid to grow because of the general state of the economy. I'm not telling anyone to hoarde or overspend, but if there's something you've been planning on buying I would just go get it... now.

The difference this year is that the winner of this election has the potential oppurtunity to replace up to 3 supreme court justices in the next 4 years.

Currently there are only 5 on there who support Gun Rights and lean to the conservative way of thinking and you could argue it's closer to 4 as is now.

The left's fear of gun control issues is not only because they are fearful of public reaction and the beating they will take at the voting booth but it's because they know that what they want will most likely get thrown out upon final appeal to the US Supreme Court.

I have little doubt personally that the left would happily sacrifice some short term strife and losses come election time if they knew that some extremely unpopular bills would ultimately be held up by a US Supreme Court that strongly tilted left because they can rest assured that decisions would not be based on the constitution but ideology.

Historically I have agreed that who gets elected doesn't have a big bearing on things and it's just people overreacting or panicking or being scared by advertising in some way but this time around we have a party pushing an agenda that is so far left from those who framed the constitution and the possibility they can alter the courts to get that agenda through.

That most certainly is true, as the recent Roberts decision has proven, however i find it hard to believe that you would argue which side of the spectrum tends to lean towards total ideological decisions versus at least having some constitution basis in their decisions. You rarely see a left leaning judge speak out or vote against left leaning legislation but you often will see the opposite happen.

If just 1 judge is replaced before 2016 after an Obama victory in 2013, personally I have little doubt you will ever see a ruling go against a left wing piece of legislation for 2 generations.

Since I am in OR, with Vote by Mail, on Election Day, I intend to buy a firearm.

Romney has signed legislation limiting/restricting firearms, while Governor
The One is the one.

I'm planning to vote for Gary Johnson.

The availability of certain items, new or used, can have a lot to do with what you will be able to buy during an election year. It almost never has anything to do with who will or won't be elected. People freak out during election times, shelves run bare. I've seen it time and time again. We are still waiting on some inventory that was ordered 9 months ago. There is not enough supply to meet demand right now and most manufacturers are afraid to grow because of the general state of the economy. I'm not telling anyone to hoarde or overspend, but if there's something you've been planning on buying I would just go get it... now.

Aside from reloading supplies and some varities of .22rimfire. even the great panic of 2008-2009 had no effect on what I buy. And during the Panic I just reloaded less and shot less. Waited until the guys who bought 20K of primers that don't even reload sold them at a loss and now I have built up my inventory.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top