JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A co-worker of a friend of mine failed to display proper gun safety and shot himself in the leg. Got lucky and no major damage to his leg. Walked out with stitches. Be safe and don't do this.

Slug pulled out of my buddies center console

1FE4F5CB-F8A9-4CA7-833F-65EDA4CF88C5.jpg 9AE860C1-9192-4255-B969-EA8DF80EA686.jpg

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang!
How did that not hit bone!?
He's lucky, for not hitting bone there's not much meat to destroy there. Must have skimmed over the bone.
How messy were his pants after?

I had a friend I grew up with in Gresham who thought he was "gangsta" and used to pack a pistol in his waist band in front when we were about 19-20 years old somehow shot down his leg from thigh to ankle. They had to reconstruct his shin bone it looked like a long brick all the way down.

Funny thing was this was after he and another friend in 7th grade were drinking and smoking weed playing with his dad's gun and blew his brains out. He was pretty messed up after that, but we were all surpised he ended up shooting himself too

I was told he cleaned it after they got done shooting and had the slide back. Put a mag in and it released the slide chambering a round, he had set it on his lap reached for something and the gun started sliding off of his lap, reaches down to catch the gun and pulled the trigger.

Two or three thoughts (the obvious point about firearms safety won't be touched).

The entry and exit wound seem the same to my eye (there is no expansion in the bullet). What a lucky fellow for this (could have taken a chunk of flesh, not just a pass through).

His ears must be hurting even now (the cabin of a passenger vehicle is very small, and the boom will burst your ear drums).

That he missed the bone is the most amazing thing.

I wish him well, and only ask that somebody befriend him, and teach him a few lessons.

You know we all make mistakes, we all have had that oh sh!t moment. You just pray it isn't like this.
Lesson learned I hope, and we can only hope that this will help teach someone else so they do it, or worse.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top