JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's a gentleman who frequents both the pdx and clark co. gun shows who offer safes at a very reasonable price. His safes are high quality but lack the extra frills. (i.e. lights, dehumidifiers) I believe they are rated for 1200 degrees up to 30 min. If you search Craig's list you will see them advertised. He also told me at the show that he will deliver them to your door if you live in the portland/vancouver area.
I grabbed one of his cards at the last show....
Mountain View Safe Co.
503-706-7347

thanks, i got a hold of the gunshow guy and he is holding a 22 gun safe for me. got it for 650.00 he said it was fire rated at 1200 for 90min. thats awesome. he his also bringing it to my door for 75 bucks. it has a double firewall in it and weighs 600 lbs. he will be at the next show wich is weekend after next at the expo.

the best place I know and where I got my safe is......check on craigs list in the portand area...there is a guy with a boring location. Mountain view safes is his company. I have a 22 position, they go to 35 position after that. made by the same people who do the other popular safes only they come in a black enamal. Mine really nice and paying anything more would be a wast of money. a 22 position will cost you 650.00 and weight in at about 650 pounds. I will buy another from him when the time arrives. also he has the digital ones if your into that. I chose a manual dial because I think there cooler looking. good luck. I think sam guy as hitman is talking about .....fire rated also which is a must.

It appears they are coming out of China. I did a quick google search for "mountain view safe oregon" and one of the first things to pop up was the ocean freight bill of lading from China.

Ya, Chinese made.

They're almost all more safe for your buck because the steel is at least 10 guage while most of the name brand models that are everywhere and are much more money are just 12 guage.

Some of the Chinese are thicker, as in 8 guage.

Thicker the steel the harder it is to break into.

I've often wondered if their safe steel is as hard as their ordnance steel as used in Norinco 1911's. If it is a burglar would need cobalt tooling to get through, and what methhead affords cobalt drill bits when a single bit can cost up to $50. or so.

Anybody know if the guy in Boring delivers safes?

They're almost all more safe for your buck because the steel is at least 10 guage while most of the name brand models that are everywhere and are much more money are just 12 guage.

I've also heard good things about the Chinese safes. One of the "safe guys" over on THR speaks highly of them. Considered going with one, but went with an Amsec instead - easier local service for me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top