JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm setting up a new gun safe and want to add inside lights. I have 120 volt ac power inside. I was thinking LED strips down each side with a switch on the door or motion sensor. Any experience or suggestions?

LED strips are a great idea. With a magnetic switch (RV steps use a magnetic switch to open and close when the door opens and closes).

I picked up a two pack of led strips at Costco, they are battery powered and motion activated so they come on when the door opens and auto turn off. I think they were less than $20 and work pretty good.

I picked up a two pack of led strips at Costco, they are battery powered and motion activated so they come on when the door opens and auto turn off. I think they were less than $20 and work pretty good.

Linky? That sounds like a great deal!

I bought LED light strips off EBay. With some soldering and wiring all of the lights are hidden under the shelving. The whole thing lights up inside. I used a toggle switch and turn it on and off manually. Works ok. Best $30 I spent and was a fun project.

[]Sylvania Mosaic LED. from Costco $29.........12V... strips w/3m tape 3/8 in wide, 1/8 in thick....remote to change colors and brightness.
easy install...Ill post a pic later...........A+++.....runs on 110 v

I bought LED light strips off EBay. With some soldering and wiring all of the lights are hidden under the shelving. The whole thing lights up inside. I used a toggle switch and turn it on and off manually. Works ok. Best $30 I spent and was a fun project.

This is what I considering. Just going to run strips down the sides behind the front frame of the safe so they shine into the shelves. Maybe put a door activated or motion activated switch on them. Have to practice up on my soldering though:confused:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top