JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for some info regarding gun safes. First are all safes combo lock or electronic pin pad? Are there any dual lock like say key/combo or key/pinpad? The only ones I have found are sentry and they are not fire rated. I have also seen some of the big safes like american security can have biometric added but for a whopping $600 :confused:. Also can anyone recommend a local safe seller that knows what the hell they are talking about and can answer some questions locally in Seattle/Tacoma area? I was severely disappointed at least 4 times today in knowledge/service at various stores in the greater puget sound area. I am looking for a larger safe, weight is not an issue, would prefer a 60 minute fire rating. I just need something other than dial or pin pad lock is the biggest issue in my hunt. Would like to keep it at or under $2000.

Unfortunately, Royal Safe, who manufactured my safe seems to have gone out of buisness, but mine has a key/combo locking system. So they do exist.

Go to Rogue Safe. They are in Medford, Oregon. I knoww...I know...you're in Seattle. They deliver. They are not cheap, so they may be out of your price range. But, they are the best. Period.

Fort Knox safes have an option for a dual lock - electronic and manual with either opening. Electronic for quick convenience, manual for traditional reliability and EMP paranoia. I don't own one, but the seem to make some very nice safes with a lot of options - not cheap though.

As most of the posters have mentioned, good safes are very expensive. Prepare for sticker shock! That said I would think that at least a few company's could install a combination lock with a center key lock as an option, for more $$$ of course!

If you are going to be in and out of your safe many times a day, then maybe an electronic or biometric makes sense. Personally I am rarely going into my safe more than once every few days, often a lot less. I didn't see a need for an electronic/biometric and still don't.

Obviously, your mileage may vary.

As others have said, a good safe is expensive. After much debate I went ahead and bought a Liberty Fatboy. I got mine from Liberty Safes of Oregon and couldn't be happier. I went to the show room on Saturday, and Sunday Kirk arrived around 1:00pm and had it bolted to the floor in way under an hour. I'm very happy with the new safe, as is my wife who was the one pushing me to get a safe. When I told her it can hold 64 guns she asked me if I was going to fill it with that many and I just smiled. ;)

Last Edited:
+1 for NWSafe in Enumclaw.

My Liberty safe has a mechanical combination, and a simple key lock that can be used if you're going to be in/out multiple times during the day. You should plan to engage the primary locking mechanism when gone though.

Peter

I have a fort Knox and love it!

whatever you buy buy bigger than you think you need you'll be surprised how fast they fill up guns but also anything important ... banking info, tax returns, passports, hard drive back ups, cash, jewelry, lap tops, ect...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top