JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a gun safe(got a baby on the way!) and was looking to get some info from people who have already purchased a safe. I am on a $800 budget and am seeing if there are any deals out there I may not know about. I don't want to go through Costco. I saw Tracker Safe displayed at the PDX gun show in late April and they looked like they were okay, nothing fancy about them. Anybody know about their quality?(besides that they are made in China, the salesman was very professional by not trying to hide that fact) Obviously I don't expect to get a huge Fort Knox(even though it is my dream safe!) for my price range.

Any thoughts would be welcomed!

I have a friend in Portland that bought a big horn from costco last January and they were back ordered 5-6 weeks, showed up in a semi, grumpy driver dropped the safe curbside and left - leaving my friend with a gun safe on his curb by himself. Could be a fluke but either way I don't want the costco experience... thanks for asking though.

why not costco??

Craigslist has some good deals on nice safes from time to time.
You will more then likely have to bring a friend along to help move it.

CL >portland >clark/cowlitz >all for sale / wanted >general for sale - by owner
x prohibited[?]
Posted: 9 hours ago

heritage safe - $850 (Castle Rock)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map) (yahoo map)

A large Heritage safe holds up 36 plus guns. Has shelves is fireproof up to 1374o for 30 minutes it is Cherry Red with a Elk picture on front. This was a limited edition. $850.00 call

I have a friend in Portland that bought a big horn from costco last January and they were back ordered 5-6 weeks, showed up in a semi, grumpy driver dropped the safe curbside and left - leaving my friend with a gun safe on his curb by himself. Could be a fluke but either way I don't want the costco experience... thanks for asking though.

This is the exact delivery that is described when you order from Costco.

"Standard shipping is via common carrier, curbside delivery, signature required. Carrier will call to set up a delivery time. Extraordinary delivery requirements may necessitate an additional fee to the carrier. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 3 - 4 weeks from the time of order."

Thanks guys. I am going to go check out that Bulldog safe company. I didn't know tracker safe had a showroom in vancouver so I'll be in there shortly as well.

Buying a safe on craigslist scares me a little as it won't come with a warranty and you don't know how the previous owner treated it. But I am definitely not ruling it out. That heritage safe looks pretty nice!

This is the exact delivery that is described when you order from Costco.

"Standard shipping is via common carrier, curbside delivery, signature required. Carrier will call to set up a delivery time. Extraordinary delivery requirements may necessitate an additional fee to the carrier. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 3 - 4 weeks from the time of order."

I ordered one from Costco last Wednesday April 30th, the delivery company called yesterday and I could have had it delivered TODAY May 7th if I wanted, but opted to put it off until Friday. So........7 Days, free delivery, $600. Can't beat that no matter how far the curb is from the house.

I ordered one from Costco last Wednesday April 30th, the delivery company called yesterday and I could have had it delivered TODAY May 7th if I wanted, but opted to put it off until Friday. So........7 Days, free delivery, $600. Can't beat that no matter how far the curb is from the house.
Mine was $1000 delivered to my back walk in 2010, Costco works for me.

Ended up going with a Tracker Safe with the electronic lock, I like buying local. Picked up the t24 gun safe for $549, they had a model closeout deal going on for this particular safe. Great customer service at tracker safe, they know their safes inside and out, and have a bunch of safes in their warehouse. I had them take the back panel off the safe so I could see how the mechanism was built so I know I wasn't buying a time bomb. This is a picture of it set up in my basement(that is a whole different story on how my buddy and I got it down there, geez!) Just got the safe last night but very pleased so far. Now time to find some good deals on guns to fill it up...!

Thanks for all the input, much appreciated.

Tracker Safe T24 Basement.JPG

Ended up going with a Tracker Safe with the electronic lock, I like buying local. Picked up the t24 gun safe for $549, ...... Now time to find some good deals on guns to fill it up...!
You will find that your new safe will fill up much faster than anticipated. I know mine did.

I now know why people say buy a bigger safe than you think you'll need. They say that for good reason.

Just an update.....

The company is located in Idaho, very quick to ship to Oregon.

My safe arrived yesterday as promised. The driver was very nice and helpful. The safe has pallet like legs on bottom and the driver has a pallet jack. So he rolled it with zero effort all the way into the garage for me. No problem. After that I rolled it to the room where I wanted it (I also had a pallet jack) From the time he arrived until I had it installed, setup up and put stuff into it was less than 60 minutes.

At this point after 1 day, I would totally recommend this safe. and they are on sale again until 5/31/14
http://www.costco.com/.product.569035.html

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top