Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun Safe Deals

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by cmassey, May 6, 2014.

1. cmassey

cmassey Camas, WA New Member

I am looking for a gun safe(got a baby on the way!) and was looking to get some info from people who have already purchased a safe. I am on a $800 budget and am seeing if there are any deals out there I may not know about. I don't want to go through Costco. I saw Tracker Safe displayed at the PDX gun show in late April and they looked like they were okay, nothing fancy about them. Anybody know about their quality?(besides that they are made in China, the salesman was very professional by not trying to hide that fact) Obviously I don't expect to get a huge Fort Knox(even though it is my dream safe!) for my price range.

Any thoughts would be welcomed!

2. lmmmmm

lmmmmm Seattle Member

why not costco??

3. cmassey

I have a friend in Portland that bought a big horn from costco last January and they were back ordered 5-6 weeks, showed up in a semi, grumpy driver dropped the safe curbside and left - leaving my friend with a gun safe on his curb by himself. Could be a fluke but either way I don't want the costco experience... thanks for asking though.

4. lordluther

lordluther Troutdale,Oregon Member

Me and five of my friends all have trackers and are very happy with them. Picked mine up from there loading dock in vancover. Think I paid around $550 for the 24 gun.

BVB likes this.
  5. Meridian7750

Meridian7750 Portland Area Well-Known Member

Call Danny at Bulldog Tuff safes in Warren (out hwy 30).
    He sells Bighorn, rhino, and a few other brands. Good pricing, and he delivers.
    Www.Bulldogtuffsafes.com
    503-349-9648
    No affiliation...

nastybynature and cmassey like this.
  6. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Craigslist has some good deals on nice safes from time to time.
    You will more then likely have to bring a friend along to help move it.

CL >portland >clark/cowlitz >all for sale / wanted >general for sale - by owner
    x prohibited[?]
    Posted: 9 hours ago

heritage safe - $850 (Castle Rock)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
    (google map) (yahoo map)

A large Heritage safe holds up 36 plus guns. Has shelves is fireproof up to 1374o for 30 minutes it is Cherry Red with a Elk picture on front. This was a limited edition. $850.00 call

cmassey likes this.
  7. jim97701

jim97701 Bend Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. sure seems I've seen that avatar before?

8. BVB

BVB PDX Active Member

9. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

This is the exact delivery that is described when you order from Costco.

"Standard shipping is via common carrier, curbside delivery, signature required. Carrier will call to set up a delivery time. Extraordinary delivery requirements may necessitate an additional fee to the carrier. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 3 - 4 weeks from the time of order."

nglayton, BVB and jbett98 like this.
  10. cmassey

Thanks guys. I am going to go check out that Bulldog safe company. I didn't know tracker safe had a showroom in vancouver so I'll be in there shortly as well.

Buying a safe on craigslist scares me a little as it won't come with a warranty and you don't know how the previous owner treated it. But I am definitely not ruling it out. That heritage safe looks pretty nice!

11. nastybynature

nastybynature ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Active Member

I have to agree.

I spent 3 months looking last year before I settled on a Big Horn Safe from Danny in Warren. Still feel I got the most for my $$ and have zero regrets.

12. nglayton

nglayton Brooks Happiness is a warm barrel!

I ordered one from Costco last Wednesday April 30th, the delivery company called yesterday and I could have had it delivered TODAY May 7th if I wanted, but opted to put it off until Friday. So........7 Days, free delivery, $600. Can't beat that no matter how far the curb is from the house.

13. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Mine was $1000 delivered to my back walk in 2010, Costco works for me.

14. nglayton

Ditto!

15. cmassey

Ended up going with a Tracker Safe with the electronic lock, I like buying local. Picked up the t24 gun safe for $549, they had a model closeout deal going on for this particular safe. Great customer service at tracker safe, they know their safes inside and out, and have a bunch of safes in their warehouse. I had them take the back panel off the safe so I could see how the mechanism was built so I know I wasn't buying a time bomb. This is a picture of it set up in my basement(that is a whole different story on how my buddy and I got it down there, geez!) Just got the safe last night but very pleased so far. Now time to find some good deals on guns to fill it up...!

Thanks for all the input, much appreciated.

Tracker Safe T24 Basement.JPG

16. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

You will find that your new safe will fill up much faster than anticipated. I know mine did.

I now know why people say buy a bigger safe than you think you'll need. They say that for good reason.

17. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

Costco just have a huge safe on sale in coupons book. I think it is 899.00, it big and heavy enough for my ammo safe :)

18. nglayton

Just an update.....

The company is located in Idaho, very quick to ship to Oregon.

My safe arrived yesterday as promised. The driver was very nice and helpful. The safe has pallet like legs on bottom and the driver has a pallet jack. So he rolled it with zero effort all the way into the garage for me. No problem. After that I rolled it to the room where I wanted it (I also had a pallet jack) From the time he arrived until I had it installed, setup up and put stuff into it was less than 60 minutes.

At this point after 1 day, I would totally recommend this safe. and they are on sale again until 5/31/14
    http://www.costco.com/.product.569035.html

19. nglayton

Looks like you got a great deal!

20. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member