JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay time for a rant:

Are there things that firearm owners can do to help improve their rights? Of course there is. And our side is doing far more to preserve rights than the opposition is doing to remove rights. You do not see anti-gun persons every day going out promoting their agenda. But you do see every day people showing up exercising their Second Amendment rights purchasing firearms, loading ammo, going to gun ranges, and engaging in hunting. This is done by the minute in each of our states. You do not see the anti-gun movement having this kind of impact to its population. Just because it appears that way does not make it so. ( edits typos power went out )

The opposition is funded by big donors, and sham corporations that seem to be lobbying 24/7. They influence the lawmakers, where the influence counts. There is an anti gun rally at the Capital on the 14th, and a pro constitution rally on the 15th. So we put wishes in one hand, crap in the other, and see which fills up first. We need to make it a Civil Rights issue, and demand the respect given a bona fide Civil Right.

I am NOT disagreeing with you.

I agree, Ive long said it a civil rights issue..., that is where we really need to focus. Not the gun, the right.
Which is funny we keep trying to convince antis, it not the gun. But we have gun rallies, not Civil Rights Rallies.
( Side not OFF disagrees with what I just said and are a huge part of the problem with these rallies )

The opposition is funded by big donors, and sham corporations that seem to be lobbying 24/7. They influence the lawmakers, where the influence counts. There is an anti gun rally at the Capital on the 14th, and a pro constitution rally on the 15th. So we put wishes in one hand, crap in the other, and see which fills up first. We need to make it a Civil Rights issue, and demand the respect given a bona fide Civil Right.

I am NOT disagreeing with you.

I wouldn't say gun supporters are out numbered.
What is happening is that the anti-gun crowd makes a lot of noise,
starts petitions, puts up initiatives for a vote, becomes active in their
quest and works towards their goals.
On the other hand, pro gun enthusiasts seem to hide in forums and complain a lot.

It's definately not all educators Andy (and I know you are one and applaud your influence in the field). However, with my kids havong attended schools in CA and working directly with these schools for the past 15 years, you would be considered an anomaly down there. I have been informed personally, on several occasions, that they would prefer to not have officers on campus because of the negative presence of a firearm. They scare little kids (and high schoolers too). Most of my kid's teachers were clearly not conservative in any way. I have met several like you as well, but they are a vast minority.

Keep up the good fight! Thank you for your positive presence with our children.

If you are a member of the teachers union then you are supporting anti-gun rhetoric, that is a sad fact.

1. Gun owners are minorities in Oregon and Washington. 26.6% of adults in Oregon and 27.7% of adults in Washington own guns https://injuryprevention.bmj.com/co...86.full.pdf?keytype=ref&ijkey=doj6vx0laFZMsQ2 Even if those estimates are off by 10-20% that's still below 50%.

2. Even among the minorities that own guns in Oregon and Washington there is support for gun control. Countless times when debating IP43 (the proposed Oregon "assault weapon" ban initiative that fizzled out this year but is coming back in 2020) with people in the comments sections on OregonLive I have seen comments by gun owners who say "I'm a gun owner and I support an assault weapon ban" or "I own a handgun but I don't see why anyone needs an assault weapon" or "I'm a gun owner and I support 'sensible' gun control" etc. Many of them are hunters. As long as their revolvers, shotguns, and bolt-action rifles aren't threatened they support all kinds of gun control.

"I am not a Black person, so Blacks do not need a right to vote". See how that works?? We need to DEMAND respect for our Civil Rights. Same as any other minority. This would include the Right to 'Free Expression', and 'enjoyment' of our Civil Rights, as long as we are not harming anyone else!!

For that matter, I 'identify' as a gun owner. Is that a 67th gender?? To be protected?? :s0003:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top