JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed> activists will rally tomorrow in <broken link removed>, <broken link removed> with gun owners in <broken link removed> now battling that state's restrictive new gun laws, while the Evergreen State has something to celebrate with the new short-barreled rifle law, signed quietly by Gov. Jay Inslee on Wednesday, according to State Rep. Matt Shea's Facebook page. ...............

<broken link removed>

Turnout wasn't that great. I would say around 100, maybe a little shy.

I think the threat of heavy rain dampened the participation. I hope they do a little better advertising next time. Any of my friends that I asked to come with hadn't heard about it at all except through me.

There were about 150. As far as advertising if you have any suggestions please throw them out there as we tried to get it shared anywhere we could. Obviously billboards and TV ads are out of the question and therefore we must rely on forums, social media, and word of mouth. Or, if you have other suggestions let us know so we can consider them.

Would telling the local media that there are going to be a bunch of scary evil guns around the capitol on a specific day be enough for them to give a few spots leading up to it on the news? Tell WA ceasefire, so maybe they will counterprotest, and then the media will give teasers on the possible contraversey/conflict.

Maybe try to get people to post fliers at all of the local gun clubs across the state?

Or maybe actually hire a marketing consultant to give some more ideas. That is probably not in the budget, but if you get a consultant once, you can then take the ideas they use and reuse them for future events.

When we contact them the media pretends we don't exist. Trying to find some contacts there that will be able to help.

We did have flyers but having them and getting people to actually print them up and post them isn't as easy as it sounds.

Our funding isn't anywhere near enough to hire anyone at this point. We barely came up with funds to cover printing of the Stop I-594 flyers. Perhaps that will change but we also don't want to have to be tied to any rules or regulations due to funding either.

Edit: Your suggestions have me thinking though of a new angle to approach this for the next one to gin up more attention. Need to get with the other coalition leaders and discuss it. Thanks

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads