Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun Rights Gun Rights Advocates Have A Devastating New Argument Against Gun Control.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Stomper, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I have to say, this is what it's inevitably coming down to.... imagine if someone had just said it during the "public debate" of SB941.

Here's the link:

http://journal.ijreview.com/2015/07...-new-argument-against-gun-control-here-it-is/

And for you "click lazy" types, here's the copy and paste.

thejournal.png

Gun Rights Advocates Have A Devastating New Argument Against Gun Control. Here It Is.
    Written by Kurt Schlichter

The Journal by IJReview is an opinion platform and any opinions or information put forth by contributors are exclusive to them and do not represent IJReview.

American gun owners are beginning to respond with a fresh, powerful argument when facing anti-gun liberals. Here it is, in its entirety. Ready?

“Screw you.” That’s it. Except the first word isn’t “Screw.”

It’s not exactly a traditional argument, but it’s certainly appropriate here. The fact is that there is no point in arguing with liberal gun-control advocates because their argument is never in good faith. They slander gun owners as murderers. They lie about their ultimate aim, which is to ban and confiscate all privately owned weapons. And they adopt a pose of reasonability, yet their position is not susceptible to change because of evidence, facts or law. None of those matter – they already have their conclusion. This has to do with power – their power.

You can’t argue with someone who is lying about his position or whose position is not based upon reason. You can talk all day about how crime has diminished where concealed carry is allowed, while it flourishes in Democrat blue cities where gun control is tightest. You can point to statistics showing that law-abiding citizens who carry legally are exponentially less likely to commit gun crimes than other people. You can cite examples of armed citizens protecting themselves and their communities with guns. You can offer government statistics showing how the typical American is at many times greater risk of death from an automobile crash, a fall, or poisoning than from murder by gun.

But none of that matters, because this debate is not about facts. It’s about power. The liberal anti-gun narrative is not aimed at creating the best public policy but at disarming citizens the liberal elite looks down upon – and for whom weapons represent their last-ditch ability to respond to liberal overreach.

Put simply, liberal elitists don’t like the fact that, at the end of the day, an armed citizenry can tell them, “No.”

So they argue in bad faith, shamelessly lying, libeling their opponents, and hiding their real endgame. Sure, sometimes the mask slips and a liberal politician like Mike Bloomberg or Diane Feinstein reveals their true agenda, but mostly they stay on-message.

For example, Barack Obama, who always tries to reassure us bitter clingers that he doesn’t want to take our guns, speaks longingly about the Australian plan – which was confiscation of most viable defensive weapons from the civilian population.

Obama is lying – about gay marriage, about your doctor – and he is likewise lying about guns. The minute he could disarm every American civilian he would, something particularly alarming in light of his pal Bill Ayers’ infamous observation that ‘fundamentally transforming’ America would require killing at least 25 million citizens.

No wonder free Americans are done pretending the gun argument is a rational debate and are responding with an extended middle finger – and the challenge to come and take their arms. The fact remains that any outright attempt to take the arms from tens of millions of American gun owners would almost certainly result in a second Civil War. And we all know how the first Civil War went for the Democrats.

So, through a campaign of shaming, dissembling, and outright slander, liberals are trying to talk Americans into giving up their weapons voluntarily. There’s always another “common sense” restriction to enact, spurred on by a tragedy that the last “common sense” restriction didn’t prevent and that the proposed new “common sense” restriction would not have prevented. They want to do it in baby steps, and with our cooperation, since they cannot do it by force.

There are a few people arguing in good faith, but it’s too late. Liberal writer Kurt Eichenwald recently wrote a “compromise” proposal to settle the gun issue that was notable because he actually analyzed gun freedom arguments and agreed with some of them. He cited the silliness of the “assault weapons” and “cop killer” bullet lies. While he still rejects 30 round capacity magazines, he began with opposition to silencers and then, after hearing facts and evidence from knowledgeable gun owners, changed his position. That’s good faith, the threshold requirement for a real debate, but Eichenwald mistakenly assumes this is a debate based upon reason between good faith opponents. It’s not. It’s based upon the desire of liberals for total supremacy.

So until the gun control argument becomes a real argument instead of a transparent power grab, there’s only one appropriate response to liberal gun banners. And it’s similar to “Screw you.”

2. DuneHopper

DuneHopper Douglas County. Well-Known Member

Good post, and seriously need those with influences even if it not a majority to start yelling.
    State Senator Jeff Kruz who's district is Roseburg has all but hid in house during the press conferences
    everyone was there but him. He took it on the chin with Prozanski so did Kim Thatacher just saying where are they now ? These are two of the best proponents we have and they are silent why Defazio, The Gov, and Wyden and Merkly are all over the airwaves. And where is the NRA or OFF in all of this? Sure they may be waiting for the facts but that does not means they should stay quiet and not reach out to Oregonians. I pray this is not the expected response we will get from them in 2016 . In reflect the Sheriff here has been outspoken and clear........... and the rest of the church is very silent. Even Tim Freeman and Chris Boise are clear Pro-2nd Proponents are dead quiet for the most part just the Liberal Antis is all we see on TV.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  3. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

I think it's to the point that more new laws will be passed. The only viable option at this point is to, like the op article said is to say bubblegum you and live our lives like free men. They can't throw us all in prison.

4. Stomper

They can (and may) try... but they'll run out of cops, then after that they'll run out of National Guard. o_O

Goosebrown, 41Slinger and U201491 like this.
  5. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

Good article man, I'm in a mood today, I needed to read that. I've been feeling that sort of end game frustration with firearm opponents as of late and had pretty much resolved myself to that thought process.

"Oh, you don't like MY guns?"

"You think I should do this/that/the other with my tools / property"

"I don't have a right to protect myself / my family / my friends because you are scared of life and the mess you helped create?"

Oh...ok. Hey do me a favor and go piss up a rope ok? You can't have them, you won't win, even if you do think you have won, you have not changed anything. I won't change, hundreds of thousands of others in this state alone, won't change, won't yield and forfeit like you so desperately want.

And understand this; if you keep pushing, poking, toying with rights, life, the safety of me and mine, if you keep working towards destroying our nation to serve your own selfish, lazy, bleeding heart agenda, you may very well find yourself in a most uncomfortable spot.

You may find yourself in danger of losing your life even, and you will wish that one of those "Crazy, 2A, gun nut, whack job, ammosexual, prepper, blah blah blah" guys was there to help you, but they won't be.

No one will be there when the wolves you helped create, turn on the flock that loves them so.

Pops1911, biker bo, Slobray and 6 others like this.
  6. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

We are about there now, aren't we?

Slobray, 41Slinger, U201491 and 3 others like this.
  7. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

8. Black Dog

Black Dog Eagle Creek Or Active Member

One thing that I have heard and seen about these MASS Shootings is, More people go and buy a gun and get a C.C. (men and women). So more people are learning that the Police can't and won't be there in time and gun laws are not working. So my point is that more people are joining us every day. Hopefully someday we will be a force to big to be SILENCED.

Caveman Jim, Slobray, Stomper and 4 others like this.
  9. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I know this is totally disgusting but there's something really hot about saying "AMMOSEXUAL"
    We already are to big of a force to be silenced, cause if and when they try, THE SOUND WILL BE DEAFENING, I promise.

Caveman Jim, Slobray, Stomper and 2 others like this.
  10. IheartSig

Right? Someone called me that on Reddit the other day, I was like.......thanks?

11. Stomper

Language like that makes my magazine swell up, and then the thread protector flies right off my barrel. :s0108:

12. IheartSig

sounds like maybe you are short stroking or too many failure to feeds Sir. Either way find a good gunsmith.

13. Stomper

I'm married to one, and I have six kids (seriously)... good thing I only shoot blanks these days!

41Slinger, Slobray and IheartSig like this.
  14. IheartSig

6?? good lord man! :eek: Were you going for a whole squad or just the one fire team?

15. Stomper

Just a squad, and I have enough kit to supply and refit them several times should the need arise... plus the two killer guard dogs roaming the property. ;)

IheartSig likes this.
  16. etrain16

Must have been an ammophobe that called you that ;)

17. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

An anti-gunner that suggests his anti 2ndA stance gets only a simple FU from our side and a funny line by line rebuttal.
    BTW youtube lately has a few good channels now where a Conservative, Libertarian or other rebuts a popular Prog video and tears it apart. Often the topic is gun control.
    Caution language is not safe for kiddies or grandmas!

RLS, Slobray, Stomper and 2 others like this.
  18. etrain16

Kid actually did a pretty decent job tearing that blowhard's argument apart.

Slobray likes this.
  19. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

There's a few smart young people out there who have a good handle on what's going on in this Country.
    I don't agree with all of this guy's views but he's very articulate and makes a lot of good points even when I disagree.

Slobray and etrain16 like this.
  20. Heywood

Heywood Prineville Oregon Well-Known Member

This has been something I have been saying for years. I usually qualify the statement first by explaining that since guns are solely an emotional issue to them. I will only use an emotional argument.
    I think that is the whole meaning behind the "From my cold dead hands" argument.

They are afraid of guns, perhaps it is time they were afraid of us.

Slobray and Stomper like this.