JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Required to approve or disapprove within X days (or pass it along). Unfortunately......a lot of us couldn't/can't even get that kind of satisfaction.

Yeah.....how long have some of you been waiting for a BGC approval?

Yeah.....the law might say.....X days. But, you don't see the FFLs playing that game.

Homey_D_Clown.gif

They're too afraid of a lawsuit if something should go wrong. So, they sit on it waiting and waiting for a conclusive "approval" from the agency tasked with that.

Seems that the politicians who wrote the law didn't expect to see a rush of applicants or the defund the police movement or that public attitudes could change? Especially in light of all that they have done to make gun ownership more difficult through the years. They expected that gun ownership rates would go DOWN. Not UP.

Staffing problems?
Do YOU even want to be an LEO today?
Not to mention that for some Chiefs.....they face their own bias about guns. Only the police and military should have guns. Rrrrrright.

The Constitution be dammed. "......shall not be infringed".

Rrrright.......it doesn't mean what it says. What the founding fathers really meant was.........

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable and makes common sense to me.

So.....if that is TRUE. Why did it NOT say that to begin with?

Because..... Artistic flow......of the words and language was important. Cough, cough..... Besides, everyone knows, that the 2nd A was about the Right to Hunt.

Its-all-about-Deer-Hunting.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I had a clerk at a city office tell me that there was a "30 day delay" on a permit I was applying for. I had done my homework on this one and the law required that it be issued or denied within 30 days. Whatever, it was issued in about a week.

Required to approve or disapprove within X days (or pass it along). Unfortunately......a lot of us couldn't/can't even get that kind of satisfaction.

Yeah.....how long have some of you been waiting for a BGC approval?

Yeah.....the law might say.....X days. But, you don't see the FFLs playing that game.

View attachment 1006876

They're too afraid of a lawsuit if something should go wrong. So, they sit on it waiting and waiting for a conclusive "approval" from the agency tasked with that.

Seems that the politicians who wrote the law didn't expect to see a rush of applicants or the defund the police movement or that public attitudes could change? Especially in light of all that they have done to make gun ownership more difficult through the years. They expected that gun ownership rates would go DOWN. Not UP.

Staffing problems?
Do YOU even want to be an LEO today?
Not to mention that for some Chiefs.....they face their own bias about guns. Only the police and military should have guns. Rrrrrright.

The Constitution be dammed. "......shall not be infringed".

Rrrright.......it doesn't mean what it says. What the founding fathers really meant was.........

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable and makes common sense to me.

So.....if that is TRUE. Why did it NOT say that to begin with?

Because..... Artistic flow......of the words and language was important. Cough, cough..... Besides, everyone knows, that the 2nd A was about the Right to Hunt.

View attachment 1006877

Aloha, Mark
Actually the only FFL's who might transfer after 4 biz days with a delay are the mom & pop outfits-- I used to do it everytime but then when I was an FFL I thought job one was to sell my product

Last Edited:
Yeah.....some a do and some a don't.

ME......I usually do my buying at the BIG stores. And they don't usually.

Hell.....I remember going into a well-known Tacoma Gun Shop to do a private transfer. They said that their lawyer advised them not to participate in that sort of transaction. Rrrrright......liability (per their lawyer).

Whatever. It's their business. And it's not like anyone can force them to do it. Just because the State Law insists on a FFL's involvement.

Anyway.....
At least at this point......I don't see how filing a lawsuit would help the gun industry. But.....is it a "civil rights" issue? They are a public business after all and a Federal Lic is required to operate. So then, imagine if the only FFL willing to do it, was another 50 or 100 miles away?

Yeah...IMHO....it all sucks. Thanks to the voters who wanted to mess with it. Yeah......I used to be able to transfer firearms to a non-prohibited person, FTF, without the FFL paperwork or his fees. I called it FREEDOM (back then). Sadly, that is now GONE.

Put another nail in the coffin of the 2nd A, ".....shall not be infringed."

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads