JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,
So lots of crazy things going on in the last month. Figured it would be fun to share some goals with each other in terms of shooting. Anyone want to learn a new skill? Take classes. Try hunting a different type of game?
I myself would like to start on becoming acuarate with a pistol. I haven't done much pistol shooting, my shooting has been pretty much limited to shotguns. I also would like to start reloading. I also plan on getting my CCL in April.
As well as bagging my first big game animal... or 2 lol. Going to be getting my Sport-Pac this year and plan on doing alot of hunting
Anyone else?

Yeah changed the post.... i got this from a friend today but he did not know it was form a news cast form the 15th..... thought it would be braking news but was not..... Goes to show you got to check your sources before you post... so since i could not figure out how to deleate the post, just changed it. lol

I also have a Sports Pac and hope to do a lot of hunting. I'm also signing up for a couple of classes. Just hope the price for the new factory ammo they require doesn't get too expensive.

My resolution is to sell any guns I have that I do not 'need' to other responsible, lawful parties, while doing so still does not require a glove up my butt, fingerprinting, eye scanning, dna test, fees, transfer license, etc.

Focus on quality, not quantity. Buy a couple I've wanted for a while. Luckily, I have developed a love for some bolt rifles and my favorites will always be 22s (what else can you shoot for three hours at the range these days?.)

I haven't. It would have saved me money this year. Outside of spending more driving to go hunt. Will encourage me to hunt more though.
Yeah i figured getting it will motivate me to get out of the house next year..... didn't get hardly any fishing/hunting done this year.

I guess I'll try to rotate through different weapons so my skill sets with one various kind or another won't atrophy. No one wants to hear an old fart saying, "well I used to kill clays with the best of 'em."

I'm also going to tactfully and calmly promote the concept of sane, reasonable gun ownership to those I hear speaking out against it. Ted Nugent makes great points, and I think he's swell. But the camo loincloth image tends to intimidate some who might otherwise open their minds a little and weigh the facts. An even-keeled temperament and well reasoned logic will play so much better than shrill, strident rhetoric from either side. So I'll do my part and encourage everyone here to help the cause along similarly.

I'm also going to tactfully and calmly promote the concept of sane, reasonable gun ownership to those I hear speaking out against it. Ted Nugent makes great points, and I think he's swell. But the camo loincloth image tends to intimidate some who might otherwise open their minds a little and weigh the facts. An even-keeled temperament and well reasoned logic will play so much better than shrill, strident rhetoric from either side. So I'll do my part and encourage everyone here to help the cause along similarly.

Agree with that whole heatedly. I think that Ted is a great spokesmen inside the Gun community. But i don't think he is the best ambassador for us, i know he isn't the only one. I think to the average person, he seems intimidating.
I agree with you trying to promote reasonable, safe, sane gun ownership. I have a few friends of mine that i know i wont be able to bring over, but want them to at least understand my point of view.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top