JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WARNING IF YOU HAVE A SENSITIVE NATURE THEN READ NO FURTHER

In our area there was a recent arrest of a muslim man for lies on his passport. He was found to have been buying police grade sniper rifles. The following e-mail may shed some suspicion as to what he was doing. In no way am I condeming anyone without a trial or condeming a religion but we are at war.

I can't even say the e-mail is real so take it for what you get

jj

Very Interesting speaker at our local Rotary meeting here in Bishop last week.

We now live about 30 miles from Fresno . We are up in the Sierra and Fresno is the first big town we encounter when we leave the mtns. We shop there often.

I received this from my ex-homicide partner who is still active in law enforcement circles in the Fresno area.

Excuse the language, but don't excuse the facts. Don't give up your guns, and buy necessary ammunition if you can find it. Be cautious and alert. Be ready if, God forbid, we need to protect our families and loved ones.

If You weren't at Rotary Friday. You missed the only decent speaker we've had in more than a year. LTC John Cotter is the 144th Fighter Wing's antiterrorism officer. John had a two-part presentation. First part was describing his job as the units antiterrorism officer. Pretty standard stuff.

The second part was information that will curl your hair. A Part-time air guardsman works as a checker at local Von's. Two women in full burkas buy every pre-paid cellphone in the store. Clerk/airman gets to thinking about it. Goes to Cotter and reports incident. Cotter asks store
for surveillance video. It's scary enough that he contacts Fresno FBI.

FBI investigates, determines these women have been doing this all over the Valley. Cell phones shipped through Canada to Iraq/Afghanistan where they become triggers for roadside bombs.

The Shell station at Peach and Shaw. Every time a local GI goes there in fatigues they are asked specific questions. What is your unit? When are you deploying? How many aircraft are you taking?

The F-16s out of Fresno fly CAP for west coast. As such they are the first line of defense so they have the US 's most sophisticated air-to-air missiles. Foreign governments would like to get their hands on those missiles or at least learn how to build them. Also how many we have, etc. Two spy groups are working on it, one based at Fashion Fair Mall (the F-16s take-off pattern) and one based at Sierra Vista Mall (the F-16s landing pattern).

Cotter said the ragheads (But we don't profile.) are always probing the base. Two dorks in a pickup show up at the front gate wanting to deliver a package marked Air National Guard, Fresno . No postage, no UPS, no
FedEx, no DHL, no nothing. Just a probe.

I asked Cotter why we haven't seen anything about this in The Bee, on KMJ, on local TV news. He said they're not interested. Since Friday I've learned of two other things. My brother-in-law Frank, (management at Avaya) had a Muslim tech who took a leave-of-absence for 6 weeks in
Afghanistan . After the 6 weeks were up he called from New York requesting an extension. Frank (who does profile) said, you're fired, and called the Fresno FBI who were very interested. Don't know the outcome.

A Muslim who owns a liquor store in my former hometown of Kingsburg was constantly bugging customers to buy guns for him. Finally one of the guys I grew up with called the FBI.

We are a country at war and the enemy is among us. I don't care what Janet Napolitano says, it's a fight to the death and we should be as prepared as possible. Brother-in-law Frank has a theory and I think it may be closer to the truth than Homeland Security wants to admit. There are a
certain number (probably a large number) of Muslims among us who are awaiting the trigger date and will begin randomly killing as many of us as they can, sort of a Fort Hood on steroids. I know I'm getting prepared to shoot back.

Two items of interest. Sheriff Margaret Mims wants to grant concealed carry permits to all who are qualified. Columnist Jim Boren, among the most bleeding of the bleeding heart liberals, says it's time for Fresno
residents to arm themselves. LOAD up, you can bet this is happening in places other than Fresno .

David Rayburn

It looks to be partially true. The account is apparently distorted.

From snopes.com: http://www.snopes.com/rumors/burqacell.asp

The account quoted above is a second-hand report of a December 2009 presentation given by Lt. Col. John G. Cotter of the California Air National Guard about the EagleEyes program for teaching military personnel and civilians to "recognize elements of potential terror planning when they see it."

According to Lt. Col. Cotter, this second-hand account "distorted, misrepresented and inaccurately reported" his presentation:
This is a viral e-mail that went out from a fellow named Earl Wright following my Eagle Eyes presentation to the Clovis Rotary Club in December. It has gone around the world several times and I have heard back from folks who know me all over the place. The purpose of the Eagle Eyes program is to familiarize military and civilian folks with the eight observable steps leading up to a terrorist event and to encourage them to call the phone numbers I provided to the FBI, Fresno Police or Air Force OSI if they see something that doesn't look right. That way the appropriate agencies can intervene and stop an attack from taking place.

Our program has been very effective and has been cited as the best in the Air Guard for two years in a row. I've given this presentation hundreds of times to military and civilian organizations, and this is the first time something like this has happened. The quotes apparently attributed to me are false. I never refer to people as "ragheads" or f***ers, although I do stress that we don't profile. The examples cited in this e-mail have been distorted, mis-represented and inaccurately reported and attributed to me. If you or your agency would ever like to see the real presentation, I'll be happy to come and give it at your convenience.

Last Edited:
Like I said I didn't know if it were true but I have heard that Snopes doesn't allways tell the truth either. There are more stories to back up what some believe is happening.

-------------------------------

HOUSTON (AP) -- A Pakistani college student living in Texas was convicted Thursday of conspiring to help the Taliban and fight U.S. troops.

A federal jury convicted Adnan Babar Mirza, 33, of two conspiracy counts and seven firearms violations after a three-day trial in Houston. He faces up to five years in prison on each conspiracy count and 10 years on the weapons counts when he is sentenced on Sept. 10.

Mirza, who remains in federal custody, was one of four men arrested in 2006 for alleged participation in paramilitary training exercises at campsites around the Houston area so they could engage in a holy war.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...LTAM&SECTION=US

HOUSTON (AP) -- A Somali diplomat said Thursday he's concerned a member of a terrorist group from his country may be trying to get to Texas through Mexico but fear oppressed Somalis in Latin America trying to gain asylum in the U.S. will get caught up in a terror alert issued by American authorities.

U.S. Homeland Security has asked law enforcement in Houston to be on the lookout for a suspected member of the al-Shabaab group, an al-Qaida ally based in Somalia.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...LTAM&SECTION=US

----------------

move along now, nothing to see here:D

jj

He was found to have been buying police grade sniper rifles.

What's a police grade sniper rifle? And since when have the police used a .50 BMG as a sniper rifle?

"Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents tailed King as he left the border crossing. He drove to McMinnville, Ore., where he went to a gun shop and loaded his car with four guns and 480 rounds of .50-caliber ammunition.

Agents say he then drove north to the Ferndale storage unit, where he had $30,000 worth of sniper rifles, handguns and ammo.

When asked about the weapons in his car, King said he was a hunter, according to the complaint."

Aparently, you hunt with a .50 BMG...

What's a police grade sniper rifle? And since when have the police used a .50 BMG as a sniper rifle?

Aparently, you hunt with a .50 BMG...

:confused: I have no idea what you are talking about. The quotes you gave came from a newspaper story. My telling you "police grade sniper rifle" came from the same story out of the paper. If you want to know what they were talking about then call and ask them

jj

I will chime in about the part where "the women wearing bhurkas are buying all the prepaid phones and sending them to Afghanistan"

Prepaid cell phones are available all over the world. You can buy them from street vendors anywhere in the Middle East, Pakistan, India etc.

I can think of no logical reason why terrorists would buy them from convenience stores in Fresno, CA. and then try to smuggle them "up into Canada and from there into Afghanistan".

I can also think of no logical reason why terrorists would be trying to gain information about what sort of missiles are deployed on aircraft flying out of Fresno, CA. You cannot gain any meaningful data about the performance or capabilities of an air-to-air missile by spying on the plane that is carrying it..... from a shopping mall on the ground.

Im thinking someone forgot to wear their tinfoil hat...

There are a
certain number (probably a large number) of Muslims among us who are awaiting the trigger date and will begin randomly killing as many of us as they can

Ummm...yeah. It's every single member of the most popular religion in the world we should be afraid of, not racist jerks packing an AR-15 waiting for the day it's open season on brown people. Personally, I think narrowing down who you are afraid of to such a particular group just makes you dumber and less likely to see the real threats when they come, brown, white, black, Muslim, Christian, Jew, etc..

It's not just Muslims, it's the entire world we have to worry about.

Ummm...yeah. It's every single member of the most popular religion in the world we should be afraid of, not racist jerks packing an AR-15 waiting for the day it's open season on brown people. Personally, I think narrowing down who you are afraid of to such a particular group just makes you dumber and less likely to see the real threats when they come, brown, white, black, Muslim, Christian, Jew, etc..

It's not just Muslims, it's the entire world we have to worry about.

Maybe you missed it but we are at war with Muslim jihadist. They have been attacking us for years.. Tell us more about "the real threats", who else is blowing up our buildings, killing our troops and flying planes into our towers?

jj

Maybe you missed it but we are at war with Muslim jihadist. They have been attacking us for years.. Tell us more about "the real threats", who else is blowing up our buildings, killing our troops and flying planes into our towers?

jj

Timothy McVeigh, a white Christian fundamentalist, blew up a building in OKC and killed 162 people.

Andrew Stack, a white Christian (I assume) flew his plane into the IRS building with every intention of killing people.

In the past 40 years there have been multiple cases of deranged individuals walking into school buildings and shopping malls with weapons and committing indiscriminate mass murder. Columbine....Thurston.....Jonesboro AR.....VA Tech....Texas Tech. These acts of terrorism were all committed by white or Asian people.

Over 1 billion Muslims worldwide....didnt commit an act of terrorism yesterday.

I will chime in about the part where "the women wearing bhurkas are buying all the prepaid phones and sending them to Afghanistan"

Prepaid cell phones are available all over the world. You can buy them from street vendors anywhere in the Middle East, Pakistan, India etc.

I can think of no logical reason why terrorists would buy them from convenience stores in Fresno, CA. and then try to smuggle them "up into Canada and from there into Afghanistan".

I can also think of no logical reason why terrorists would be trying to gain information about what sort of missiles are deployed on aircraft flying out of Fresno, CA. You cannot gain any meaningful data about the performance or capabilities of an air-to-air missile by spying on the plane that is carrying it..... from a shopping mall on the ground.

Im thinking someone forgot to wear their tinfoil hat...

Along this same train of thought, what would Muslim extremists do with info regarding air to air missiles, or any of the advanced technology we have at our disposal? These people are running around in the mountains with AK's and RPG's, using unexploded ordinance from decades ago as IED's? I could understand the importance if this was some other country like N.Korea or Iran (it very well could be), but Taliban Terrorists I don't think are planning any kind of airstrikes or missile strikes against the U.S. in the near future. Not unless they develop flying camels (sorry, I know):s0114:

Very valid point on the cell phones. You can even order them in bulk from distributors in countries around the world, why buy small quantities in the U.S.?

As much as I hate un-founded conspiracy's, I think we would be ignorant to believe there isn't someone, somewhere, planning a large scale attack against the U.S. or Westerners as a whole. Whether it happens on our soil or to our people around the globe, we should indeed plan for the worst, and never let our guard down. There is too much at stake to not be at least a little paranoid.

Last Edited:
Timothy McVeigh, a white Christian fundamentalist, blew up a building in OKC and killed 162 people.

Andrew Stack, a white Christian (I assume) flew his plane into the IRS building with every intention of killing people.

In the past 40 years there have been multiple cases of deranged individuals walking into school buildings and shopping malls with weapons and committing indiscriminate mass murder. Columbine....Thurston.....Jonesboro AR.....VA Tech....Texas Tech. These acts of terrorism were all committed by white or Asian people.

Over 1 billion Muslims worldwide....didnt commit an act of terrorism yesterday.

First:D:D You are calling people "christian" that by their acts prove they are not. They are criminals. American citizens who take the law into their own hands are criminals. Hope that helps:s0114:

We do have a war on with Muslim jihadist. It is a holy war to kill you because you are an infidel. Can you tell me how many Americans they have killed?

jj

Along this same train of thought, what would Muslim extremists do with info regarding air to air missiles, or any of the advanced technology we have at our disposal? These people are running around in the mountains with AK's and RPG's, using unexploded ordinance from decades ago as IED's? I could understand the importance if this was some other country like N.Korea or Iran (it very well could be), but Taliban Terrorists I don't think are planning any kind of airstrikes or missile strikes against the U.S. in the near future. Not unless they develop flying camels (sorry, I know):s0114:

Very valid point on the cell phones. You can even order them in bulk from distributors in countries around the world, why buy small quantities in the U.S.?

As much as I hate un-founded conspiracy's, I think we would be ignorant to believe someone, somewhere, is planning a large scale attack against the U.S. or Westerners as a whole. Whether it happens on our soil or to our people around the globe, we should indeed plan for the worst, and never let our guard down. There is too much at stake to not be at least a little paranoid.

Glad you guys are thinking:D Them stupid old Jihadist couldn't use technology, heck they can't even fly planes into building. eerrr ahh:s0112::s0112:

Are you sure if they bought the cell phones here that they are going somewhere else?

jj

Like I said I didn't know if it were true but I have heard that Snopes doesn't allways tell the truth either.

Why post it if you don't know it's true? Do you post chain mails about Nigerians with suitcases of cash?

And quote a source on Snopes not telling the truth, or retract the claim.

Why post it if you don't know it's true? Do you post chain mails about Nigerians with suitcases of cash?

And quote a source on Snopes not telling the truth, or retract the claim.

:s0112::s0112: you are going to have to prove to me that snopes owns the truth.

While your at it, how would you have known the Nigerian chain mails exist if somebody didn't post it?:s0129::s0129:

jj

In no way am I condeming anyone without a trial or condeming a religion but we are at war.

I can't even say the e-mail is real so take it for what you get

Well, for one thing, if YOU don't even know if the email is real, why post it here at all?

Second thing, we aren't at war with all Muslims.

I can't decide if this is more like the anti-German-American hysteria of WWI, the crude racism against Japanese-Americans in WWII, or the anti-Communist hysteria of the 1950s. Whatever you call it, it ain't pretty.

First:D:D You are calling people "christian" that by their acts prove they are not. They are criminals. American citizens who take the law into their own hands are criminals. Hope that helps:s0114:

We do have a war on with Muslim jihadist. It is a holy war to kill you because you are an infidel. Can you tell me how many Americans they have killed?

jj

We have caused the death of something like 25,000 Iraqi's and Afghans during our invasion and occupation of those countries. Iraq had nothing whatsoever to do with 9-11. So in terms of a raw body count, we are killing at least 10 muslims for every American death, and only a small percentage of those we kill have any connection to terrorism at all.

The "Christians" who commit murder and terrorism arent any different from the "Muslims" who commit murder and terrorism. Both are in violation of the faith they ascribe to; and both are but small, lunatic fringe groups that in no way represent the mainstream beliefs of either faith.

Equating "Muslim" with "Jihadist" is about as accurate as equating "Christian" with "Ku Klux Klan". It is ignorant and it is racist. More importantly it is dangerous, because the fact is that we are now making enemies faster than we can possibly kill them.

Either way it doesn't hurt to arm yourself and shoot when shot at. Watch out for the safety of L.E. and other CC'ers.

That's all I'm saying. If I see someone walking down the street strapped up with dynamite, it isn't going to make me feel any easier if they have a cross around their neck, or a yarmulke on their head instead of a turban. All major religions follow the Ten Commandments, yet all are currently involved in their own "holy wars". The Israelis believe God gave them Palestine specifically and have steadily been killing Muslims since 1949; George W. Bush said that he believed God put him in office so he could invade Iraq; Osama bin Laden believes that the United States is the devil and that to die fighting us is martyrdom. Religion has been used since the beginning of time to fool people into doing the bidding of those in control who have alterior motives. It doesn't make religion wrong, just readily abused.

Does anybody remember the Spanish Inquisition?

monty-python-spanish-inquisition.jpg

The distinction is "fundamentalism" when a Christian kills an abortion Dr. it's Christian fundamentalism. When Muslims declare Jihad it's Islamic fundamentalism. Nether should be tolerated. Fundamentalism is to take messages from the Koran or the Bible etc literally without such things as common sense or contradictory information or a changing situation.

An example is religions that don't allow the consummation or Pork, shellfish, etc because at the time of the writing of the text Pork, shellfish, etc could in certain situation make you I'll. Now that we know the causes of such things as trichinosis red tides, etc and have modern testing available people that still take these taboos literally because they feel it's what God has commanded through religious text have misunderstood and taken the text literally and thus fundamentally.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top