JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sent a S&W 586 to the factory for recall and asked them to reblue as it had some finish problems. I would rate it as a good job, but not excelent work for 195.00 and six week turn around. I talked with customer service guy that said you can never get a perfect blue job on a old gun, maybe he is right..don't know, first reblue job for me. Think I would look around town a bit before sending another gun to S&W for that service...I'll post pic's later.

No experience with wonder-blue.
I have used OXPHO-BLUE from Brownell's and it is an excellent product. Very wear resistant and very corrosion resistant too. Gives a great gloss and is easy to use.
You can do it at home and in this weather you can set the gun in the sun for a few minutes to heat it up for best results.

I got it used off here, so it's not in my name..... can I get it in my name?

Huh? If you bought it, you own it. If you mean "not in your name" for warranty work, S&W is not too picky about that, though that gun is well older than when the lifetime warranty went into effect.

Check with Wilamette Valley gunsmiths. They are well known for doing good bluing. No need for expensive shipping.

In my experience, spray-on "paint" like finishes just never look right - unless a painted-on look doesn't bug you. Cold blue never lasts in my experience, but it's cheap to try to see if you can get a decent one.

A s&w revolver deserves a good polish and blue. I've never thought at-home do-it-yourself gun blue kits are right for a nice revolver. But thats just my two cents worth. Try Koonce Custom in Salem. I've not seen his work (at least not his polish and bluing), but I know he's set up to do it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top