JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was all lined up and ready to join Douglas Ridge gun range early this year when all this crap hit the fan. I was working on my supply of bullets and got a reloading press for Christmas but now I cant get the components to reload what I have. With that said I don't have a constant supply of bullets to get to the range once a week or every other week and that could only mean no range membership for me any time soon. Depending on if or how long this crap takes to blow over how long can these ranges take the hit?

I was all lined up and ready to join Douglas Ridge gun range early this year when all this crap hit the fan. I was working on my supply of bullets and got a reloading press for Christmas but now I cant get the components to reload what I have. With that said I don't have a constant supply of bullets to get to the range once a week or every other week and that could only mean no range membership for me any time soon. Depending on if or how long this crap takes to blow over how long can these ranges take the hit?

You would think people would stop shooting as much as they did before but in the hills behind my house I hear people shooting every day in the last few weeks. Either everyone is trying out their new toys or they are sighting in for something. :ears:

Four Corners Rod and Gun Club in Salem is as of our meeting a week ago almost to our cap of members (1000) our classes for gun education are pretty much filled for the next couple months and the place is so busy on weekends good luck finding standing room.

Not sure what hit your talking about

I was at ARPC a few days ago. totally filled up. all the bays on the N range were full. people shooting skeet. the main range was full, even the pistol bays. Went today and there was quite a few there for it being on a week day. Lots of cops.

yeah cavemand, just join and shoot when you can. Having better access will motivate you to make the prerequisites happen. Also, youll make friends - being directly and physically involved in a larger group of shooters will increase your ability to get ahold of "scarce components."

And BTW, depending on what caliber you shoot its not that scarce, especially if you have patience or extra cash

Ignorance rears its head again. You can be a member of a range and never fire a shot. So what is holding you back.

Wowzer, did someone just call me ignorant over such a small thing? Thanks I guess. Sorry for posting what was on my mind at the moment. Maybe I shouldnt have titled it that way either but I was throwing out a question to see if others had my perspective. Guess not. Thanks for all that were kind and to any that may not have been so nice hugs and kisses. I will just say I know that you can be a member of a range or club and not fire a shot but at the moment I can't justify a $200-300 a year and not use it. When things calm down in the ammunition area then I will be comfortable spending that cash for club dues.

I really meant to say is "IF" people do eventually run out of rounds and it comes time to resign and pay dues will they think twice about it. I am confident the bullets supply at the stores thing will blow over soon so this is more of a what if they don't situation. Does that help clarify what is going on in my crazy little head?

if you shoot enough you should cast your own lead.

If they tax ammo they will tax the bullet part of the ammo. That would cause ammo and reloading bullet prices through the roof, OR you can wait until they do tax the ammo an complain when you cant find the bullet molds and bullet sizing dies because everyone got the idea to clear them out before you like the components now.

It is my understanding obamas presidential order for gun control will be thrown out because a presidential order can only affect/enforce laws already on the books, he cant make new ones, ammo is already taxed so he could change it from 5% to 500%.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top