JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States.

AAMOI - The Anglo-American Loan Agreement was a post World War II loan made to the United Kingdom by the United States on 15 July 1946, and paid off in full in 2006. The loan was negotiated by John Maynard Keynes. The loan was for $3.75 billion (US$57 billion in 2015) at a low 2% interest rate.

tac

This being Canada Day, perhaps a gentle reminder is due -

WW1 Casualties - 64,934 dead - representing almost 1% of the population at 1914, and 172,950 wounded.

WW2 casualties - 49,998 dead, unknown wounded, representing almost 0.4% of the 1939 population.

Chickens?

I think not, Gentlemen.

tac - proudly half a Canadian.

Not chickens at all. Not much of anything else either.

In all fairness, we have to admit that the Canadians have done a better job of defending their gun rights without a 2nd Amendment than some places here in the States have done with one. Up until the Heller and McDonald SCOTUS rulings, it was actually easier to legally own a handgun in Canada than it was in Chicago or Washington DC. And as a gun owner, I would much rather live in Canada than in California.

On the other hand, Canada has delivered its share of contributions to the world...

Three words: John Cantius GARAND. (Yes, as in "M1 Garand Rifle.") Just for one.

And... well, my gal's dad is a grizzled old RCAF vet from back when there still was a Royal Canadian Air Force, and while the guy's polite to a fault I have no doubt despite him being like 80 that anyone trying to harm his "little girl" (she's a little older than I am and they had her later in life, for those who MUST know how the math works) would be in for a thorough and meticulous asskicking By The Numbers.

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about. You can buy most guns in California. Go buy yourself an AR10 or an FAL there. Handguns. Canada is horrible for gun rights since you don't have any.
Go down to California and try to buy a new a new Glock. Good luck. All new semi-autos sold there have to micro-stamp the casings, which means there wont be any new semi-autos sold there. You can buy Glocks in Canada. And any AR or FAL you buy in California has to have a fixed magazine with no pistol grip, and a 10 round limit on capacity. Why bother? Canadians can also have 10/22's with 25 round magazines, Californians cant.

Last Edited:
Crickets Chirping

philip: the most Respectful Country in the World, Canada.

I was there first in 1971, just to visit Barrie, Ontario.

I stopped on a secondary farm road, at an intersection that started a gravel Road, to make Lunch, on my Coleman 2 Burner...

In the distance, from a Farm House, a bit of dust arose....

That became Reconizable as a small group of People.

Arriving, the Mother, and head of a small family of boys and girls, asked if I was broke down, needed help?

Replying and continuing to make lunch, she asked, if I would like some Tea? Eh!!!!

"Thank you but no, I have my coffee near Perked"....

"We'll be off, then, Enjoy our Country".....

WHAT do you Say, to Forigneers in your area????

Canadians, have the Right, to their Laws & Culture, unlike some Americans, who have no culture at all.....

My thoughts....

philip

Culture? Didn't know it was part of this discussion. But yep, Canadians have a right to their culture. We have a right to our culture too, but too many Americans don't agree with that.

Right to their laws? The people of Canada have allowed the erosion of the legal means of gun ownership (can't call it an erosion of their rights, as I don't know that they ever had such a right), just as the folks of this country are absolutely allowing the erosion of our gun rights. And yes, I guess Americans also have the right to allow flushing the 2nd Amendment down the toilet. Really?

Also don't know the relevancy of how Canadians treat foreigners, but I can't say that all Canadians think highly of Americans. But I'm sure that there are some polite folks in the United States, too.

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
Clearly you don't know what you are talking about. You can buy most guns in California. Go buy yourself an AR10 or an FAL there. Handguns. Canada is horrible for gun rights since you don't have any.
I think you might be the one who doesn't know what he is talking about.

I just spent about 10 minutes Googling various Canadian gun dealers to see what they had available and the results might surprise you.

In Canada, AR's and FAL's are on the "non-restricted" list. They can have pistol grips, flash supressors and detachable magazines, albeit with a 5 round limit. The California-legal versions of these same guns are abominations that can not have pistol grips, flash suppressors or detachable magazines, and are limited to 10 rounds. All things being equal, I'd rather have a "real" Canadian AR with a 5 round detachable magazine than a California frankengun with a fixed mag.

In Canada, short-barreled shotguns are legal and non-restricted. In California, they are not.

In Canada, Glocks are legal (to those with a restricted license). In California, they are not legal at all.

In Canada, Ruger 10/22's with 25 round magazines are legal and non-restricted. In California, they are not.

In Canada, lead ammunition is legal and available. In California, soon it will not be.

Canada does not require microstamping. California does.

The only place that California has Canada beat in regards to guns is that it is possible in some parts of California to get a concealed handgun license.

I stand behind my original statement. Gun owners in Canada have done a better job of defending their rights without a 2nd Amendment than a lot of places here in the US have been able to do with one. And as a gun owner, if I had to choose between living in Canada or living in California I would pick Canada. Better scenery, better hunting, more outdoor areas to go shooting, and a better selection of guns to choose from.

Last Edited:
IIRC, you can get an "Assault Weapon" in Calif. if it was made and present in Calif. and then registered in their system before the ban on them went into place. It is buying new firearms where those laws come into place?

Also, I think it is "simple" registration in Calif. - i.e., you register it, but don't need to take any classes, get a special permit, don't have draconian restrictions on where you can shoot or transport the firearm. I could be wrong on this - I just looked it up and notice that now you have to take a written test to buy handgun or some rifles?

My point is, that some of this is comparing apples to oranges - and that some of the comparisons are talking about new firearms, whereas it doesn't apply to firearms in ownership before the laws went into effect in Calif. - but in Canada, from what I have read, the laws on possession of any firearm seem more restrictive. Yes, you can buy a FAL in Canada, but the buying and possession of any firearm there seems a lot more restrictive when you get into the details.

Suffice to say, I would not live as a full time resident in either Calif. or Canada due to their firearms laws. If I could more easily have something like a .45-70 lever action and a .44 mag revolver in B.C., I would love to spend time in the woods of B.C., but after looking into even that politically correct firearm configuration, it would just be too much hassle for me as a U.S. citizen, if it was even possible - compared to having the same firearms in about 90% of the USA.

BS. The only thing happening in CA is the mag limits. You can have 10 round magazines that drop with a bullet button. Glocks are totally legal there except Gen4s. Gen3s are in every store and Glock still makes them for the CA market.

Microstamping is new and not litigated yet. I will give you that one.

ARs and FALs in ca are hardly neutered, they just have the bullet button. You can get AUGs, AR10s, AKs, everything.

I stand by statements.

And what is this special "restricted license" There is no licensing of any sort in CA other than CCW.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top