JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
because he'd have to pay them more or something? not sure i understand

Not necessarily. Whereas you suggest there is a social double standard which holds women to lower expectations, I am pointing out just one of many instances where women are held to much higher expectations.

Actually, my wife just cruised by the computer and saw your comments. She pointed out quite rightly that such attitudes are exactly why so few of the female gun owners we know would ever come online here.

Not necessarily. Whereas you suggest there is a social double standard which holds women to lower expectations, I am pointing out just one of many instances where women are held to much higher expectations.

i don't think i understand the instance given.. why would an employer rather hire you if the girls are better? personally, as an employer, i generally want the guys i expect more from, not less.

Actually, my wife just cruised by the computer and saw your comments. She pointed out quite rightly that such attitudes are exactly why so few of the female gun owners we know would ever come online here.

no... the reason women don't kick it on gun forums is because it's too impersonal and low context. you'll find a lot of women in real-time chat rooms, but not message boards, unless the board topic is something exclusively feminine and it's interesting enough to them to get over it.

i can understand putting equal value in men and women- that's was real "feminism" is all about, contrary to the popular concept that it's about feminine dominance. it's about equality. but never confuse that for similarity- we're still totally different beats with different wavelengths.

i don't think i understand the instance given.. why would an employer rather hire you if the girls are better? personally, as an employer, i generally want the guys i expect more from, not less.

no... the reason women don't kick it on gun forums is because it's too impersonal and low context. you'll find a lot of women in real-time chat rooms, but not message boards, unless the board topic is something exclusively feminine and it's interesting enough to them to get over it.

i can understand putting equal value in men and women- that's was real "feminism" is all about, contrary to the popular concept that it's about feminine dominance. it's about equality. but never confuse that for similarity- we're still totally different beats with different wavelengths.

Well, I can only personally speak to my background which is industrial work and commercial fishing. These are highly misogynistic industries- I have female fishing comrades who are better than me but can't find work on some boats cos even in the 21st century some captains literally consider them unlucky. So, I'm a little sensitive on the subject cos I see firsthand the economic damage inflicted on people by sexism.

Well, I can only personally speak to my background which is industrial work and commercial fishing. These are highly misogynistic industries- I have female fishing comrades who are better than me but can't find work on some boats cos even in the 21st century some captains literally consider them unlucky. So, I'm a little sensitive on the subject cos I see firsthand the economic damage inflicted on people by sexism.

can you honestly call that misogynistic? that's superstition- i suppose there's room for misogynism, but the cause of not wanting women on the boat isn't because they're weak or inferior, it's because the gods will sink his vessel if he brings them on. or whatever the fear is.

[QUOTEcan you honestly call that misogynistic? that's superstition- i suppose there's room for misogynism, but the cause of not wanting women on the boat isn't because they're weak or inferior, it's because the gods will sink his vessel if he brings them on. or whatever the fear is.[/QUOTE]

Superstition and religions often mask misogyny. Whether it's a fisherman who thinks women on boats cause storms to pastors, rabis and imams whose faith says women shouldn't be leaders, show their face or read, it's the same prejudice in different clothing.

I bought 2 on the same form from outdoor outfitters. The guy at the counter said he can fit 5 on the form.
The gentleman who posted above me was correct in what forms needed to be filled out. I didn't remember what form # was filled out, in addition to from 4473.

I do remember the FFL holder having to fill out two forms not because there wasn't enough room on form 4473. He was required to fill out a multiple handgun purchase form, in addition to form 4473.

Straight from ATF's website:

<broken link removed>

In order to transfer more than one handgun to a customer, you must prepare a multiple handgun sales report using ATF Form 3310.4, in addition to completing Form 4473.

Between layaways and full purchaces I think I average like, 1 every 2 months lol

But, it raises a question i've had: Is there a magic number of guns you can buy before before people who pay attention to this stuff notices? (or is 1 gun every 2 months sane compared to others and i shouldn't worry about it until i get over like, 50 guns?)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top