JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So many people forget the last part, the most important part of the Triple S rule. It applies to so many things and is completely useable by itself.
I like "Loose lips sink ships." Too many people like saying way too much and generally pick poor situations to open their mouths.

OP:
Considering he just committed a rather non-trivial violent felony, I'd hope he'd be looking at jail time.
What "insight" specifically are you looking for? So far your descriptions seem a little vague and there's obviously a lot more to the story than you're saying so far or else the guy is truly a dangerous character.

You said he's a "druggie," does this also mean he has a felony record? If so, there's another serious felony for him to be charged with since he had a gun.

Other than telling a bunch of complete strangers your story, I'm not clear what you're looking for from us?

A non trivial violent felony??? Menacing is a class A misdemeanor... pointing a firearm at another is somewhere between a violation (doesnt even register as a misdemeanor) and a low level misdemeanor.... whereas felon in posession is a class C felony but would most likely get dropped if the defendant pled guilty to one of the misdemeanors...

A non trivial violent felony??? Menacing is a class A misdemeanor... pointing a firearm at another is somewhere between a violation (doesnt even register as a misdemeanor) and a low level misdemeanor.... whereas felon in posession is a class C felony but would most likely get dropped if the defendant pled guilty to one of the misdemeanors...

Agreed completely. Depending on his record, very little will happen. You have to work hard to see the inside of a state prison in some states, specifically the west coast ones.

California tries to do everything they can to make you see the light before they send you to Folsom or San Quentin. My dad who is a LEO always says you have to graduate to Folsom.

I'm sure Oregon isn't much different. The fact the dude wasn't arrested speaks loudly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Watch your back and don't trust him. Good chance he won't get his gun back.
Had a gun pulled on myself and my fiance' this evening in a public parking lot by a sour person who once was a great friend. since our friendship has fallen through, he's really lost it and i dont trust him, specially after this incident.
He never fired any rounds, just aimed us down.
I reported the event to the local police and they tracked him down and took his handgun he pulled on us, but I'm really curious if he will be getting it back anytime soon if at all? he's a druggy, and a very depressed person and I dont trust him getting it back and not trying to do something stupid.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Josh

If it had been me, I would have shot him until no threat existed. That is what everyone should do, ex friend or not. If he did it once, he will do it again.

The fact that the police searched him, found the weapon and did not arrest has me thinking there is more to this story. You do admit to being provocative to him also when you had the chance to walk on by, instead you chose to engage. Right outside the doors at Fred Meyers would have been caught on camera so if the police didn't even feel the need to view it makes me think they felt you engaged in equal part to him and there is more to this story. Just curious, is your fiance perhaps his old girlfriend?

Actually, pointing a gun at someone in Washington State can be and often IS, charged as Second Degree Assault, according to the County Attorney I checked it with.

While you COULD be only charged with brandishing (called something ridiculous) which is a gross misdemeanor, if you're a known scumbag, you can probably count on the felony, pled down to perhaps 3rd degree assault (felony). They may or may not add the firearms enhancement.

If someone directly and intentionally pointed a gun at me, aside from them getting shot, I'd be pretty pissed if they only got charged with a misdemeanor. I don't know the law in Oregon, but I'm relatively sure it's the same rough standard. That the DA there might CHOOSE only to charge a misdemeanor for doing something that justifies an immediate reply of deadly force just says something about the DA in question, not the law necessarily.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top