JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
not fishy to me. a month ago had a guy in the parking lot of my office saying he was going to stab a doctor in my clinic. Police were called and promptly put him on a bus back to Portland. That was how they dealt with it. Didnt even tell us his name so we know who to watch out for. AAANnndd people wonder why I carry.

I don't wonder at all. I was serious in the other thread when I said good for you. You could have all sorts of people upset with you, real or imagined...

Advise is easy to give. Arm yourself? Can you legally? Do you have a concealed weapons permit? Do you have a record? Can you get a permit? If your friend is a druggie, why is he your friend? By all means concealed carry is a good idea. But do it according to the law. It sounds to me like this guy needs treatment substance and mental. Perhaps the legal system can take care of that. Above all keep clear of him and any of his associates. Who's lifestyle would that change?

I have to agree with Burt
First I would make sure your girl is armed (and I agree with Burt on the WHY? get married? part). She would be the easy way to get back at you.

Since you didn't shut his electrical off already,you need to let it go and just keep your distance. You can do as all these guys say and file charges,and wait for retaliation,or walk away,......

become armed at all times,keep a vigilant watch out for him,do the same for your girl,and wait to see if he comes back for you.

Filing charges on a guy who would pull a gun in a crowded store AND didn't go to jail for it, is a great way to piss him off and make him want to do thing like YOU mentioned to you and your mother.

And we won't talk about my other plan of attack:s0155:

BTW,what did you do to piss him off in Freddy's? And why would you even bother talking to him if he's unstable and ARMED ?

I have to agree with Burt
First I would make sure your girl is armed (and I agree with Burt on the WHY? get married? part). She would be the easy way to get back at you.

Since you didn't shut his electrical off already,you need to let it go and just keep your distance. You can do as all these guys say and file charges,and wait for retaliation,or walk away,......

become armed at all times,keep a vigilant watch out for him,do the same for your girl,and wait to see if he comes back for you.

Filing charges on a guy who would pull a gun in a crowded store AND didn't go to jail for it, is a great way to piss him off and make him want to do thing like YOU mentioned to you and your mother.

And we won't talk about my other plan of attack:s0155:

BTW,what did you do to piss him off in Freddy's? And why would you even bother talking to him if he's unstable and ARMED ?

THIS. All of it.

Restraining orders are as effective as gun control. So is the justice system in general. Depending on his criminal record, it's likely he wont even see jail time. Sure will be mad though...

My advice is to forget the incident entirely and go on with your life. You are not under any obligation to do anything.

You are going to be setting yourself up for lots of problems and grief. First, you never want to interact with police if you don't have to, and in this case, you don't have to.

Your ex buddy sounds like a loon and a loon out on bail may want to come pay you and your little fiance' (getting married - why? - just don't!) a visit. The police won't protect you from him in any way. That isn't their job.
You may have a gun and a plan, but a person set on revenge, with nothing to lose in their mind, can ambush you and have every advantage. Maybe he'll rape your fiance' to get even; people do worse.

He will do the same BS to the next guy - let it be the next guy's problem. Perhaps you've watched a lot of TV shows where the person who does the right thing is applauded and cheered. Real life isn't like that son. Naive people get bented over and rammed, their lives put in disarray.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED and yes, you will be sorry for not just walking away and forgetting about your ex buddy; of course have nothing to do with him, avoid him going forward.

Most likely the above advice will be ignored and you will have to go through all kinds of crap because you wanted to get even or play the hero.

Please update us as to all the mistakes you made a few months down the road so I can get in an 'I told you so' - or maybe more than one.

Burt,

You need to write a fricking book. I think you are seriously nuts but still write a book. I would love to read it....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

hey guys do you know that it's possible to simultaneously arm yourself AND legally document your case so that you have a bubbleguming leg to stand on legally if you actually do have to shoot this guy in self defense? I know, it's wild.

if it was pointed at you it was menacing, if it was just shown its brandishing. That law degree must have been from a cracker jack box because its NOT assault in any form. If he is not convicted and doesnt have other convictions barring him from owning a gun then he will get it back, minus any ammunition that may have been taken. If he is convicted on a misdemeanor and completes his probation and jail time(IF he gets any) then at completion of his sentence he will receive his pistol back. I am sure there is more to the story than someone randomly for NO REASON pulling a gun on you. Maybe you were mouthing off too, I'm not trying to put you down, just saying i dont believe you did absolutely nothing except walk out of the store and for no reason he just walked up and pointed a gun at you, there is some kind of history between you two. What is fishy is police released him without booking him. Its out of your hands now and the police and DA most likely have enough evidence to press charges with or without you.

300px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

This...
Way too much advice being given here when less than half the story is being told. You're confessing about congratulating yourself on not taking it out on his mom? Dude - who has thoughts like that?!?
They take your ex-friend's gun yet he doesn't go to jail?
I've rolled up on gun calls where guess who goes to jail (hint - it's NOT the guy that "brandished" the gun)?
And some of you guys -"three in the head ...."?!? You're entitled to your opinion and to give it here but please think before you post. Could you imagine if this guy is a troll how much you've fed the antis with this some of these responses?

More to the story, methinks. OP - Get a lawyer. They will walk you through your options. God help you if something now happens and an overzealous DA gets ahold of some of your posts.

Yep, I googled what were grounds for confiscation and it lead me to this site, i had questions that I wanted answers to by a community of informative people, not just a friend with "idea's"
Is this not what a forum is for? Specially a public forum?

Sorry if you dont agree with what i have to ask, troll or not, least i didn't go kick his door down and shoot his mother and himself than burn down his house with them both inside like I REALLY wanted to.
MoshuaT, go back where you came from. YOU ARE AN IDIOT and we dont need any idiots on this site.. Now all your friend has to do is find THIS post where you are talking about shooting his mom and burning them both and he WALKS no matter what. A good defense lawyer, heck, even a public defender is gonna get him off with your immature statement talking about his mom.... I'd be just as worried about you "being armed" as him.

not fishy to me. a month ago had a guy in the parking lot of my office saying he was going to stab a doctor in my clinic. Police were called and promptly put him on a bus back to Portland. That was how they dealt with it. Didnt even tell us his name so we know who to watch out for. AAANnndd people wonder why I carry.

Completely different situation. You can exercise judgment and send someone on their way. Taking someone's property without due process? No so much.

It could be worse.
A few years ago a man on a bicycle ran into the side of my car.
When the police officer came he has us exchange information. The irate scruffy guy got my name and home address, I got his name and the address to the jail where he was living. Turns out he was on some work release during the day but was on his way back home to check into the jail for the night. He was incarcerated for... wait for it... armed burglary. The officer knew the d-bag from their many run-ins.

Needless to say the officer left with no question as to whether or not he was going to receive a christmas card from me.

OP:
Considering he just committed a rather non-trivial violent felony, I'd hope he'd be looking at jail time.
What "insight" specifically are you looking for? So far your descriptions seem a little vague and there's obviously a lot more to the story than you're saying so far or else the guy is truly a dangerous character.

You said he's a "druggie," does this also mean he has a felony record? If so, there's another serious felony for him to be charged with since he had a gun.

Other than telling a bunch of complete strangers your story, I'm not clear what you're looking for from us?

yes, big mistake saying what i did, but its about the picture painted, not the actual acts.. Im not THAT stupid.. write it down than go do it.. lol
sorry for saying what I did say, and sorry for posting and using up server space.

the only thing i was originally asking was if he was going to be able to get that gun back. but thanks for all the advice anyways..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top