JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Sorry if you dont agree with what i have to ask, troll or not, least i didn't go kick his door down and shoot his mother and himself than burn down his house with them both inside like I REALLY wanted to."

WHAT????????

Are you armed? You should be. Neither the police nor DA will be of use to you if this dude comes for you (unless you consider a tag on your toe and prosecution for your death “help”). You just may have to shot this SOB, are you prepared for that? If not I suggest you get there fast.

Yes, I am, now.
And yes, I am more than willing to stop him in his tracks at my door step if required. I'm not going to risk asking myself why i didn't react and having to explain why someone in my house was hurt by an intruder.

Sooooo....your friend pulls a gun on you and your girl...you call the cops....the cops find him, take his gun but let him go?.....Sounds very fishy!!!

yep, his story was different than mine, he told them it was holstered, and aimed at the ground. they took the one gun that was in question and left the others "because he was cooperative"

I don't know this for fact, but it may be worth investigating....

You can have the police set up mediation, which may (or may not) take care of the problem.

It would be a step before "full escalation" to trying to press charges.

The pros would be that it would be less likely to bring out a "need" for this guy to retaliate, and also if charges needed to be pressed, what he says there probably could be used at a trial.

Again, don't know, but it may be a good middleground action to take.

Good luck, I'm very sorry to hear that this happened.

Wouldn't this be assult with a deadly weapon, or Assult with intent? That is jailable. Press charges, they will confiscate all his weapons and charge him with a felony. I think? but then i got my law degree from a box of Corn PoPs...Or was it CrakerJack, I can never remember!!

After they take his weapons he can log in here and buy more. I love it.

Can't stop them until they are dead

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Well, thank you all for your advice, I'll be making a few phone calls in the morning.

Should my fiance' and I press charges against him together or separate?

And what should I say?

I plan to file a restraining order, and press charges (if possible)

bubblegumty part is, when I moved to Oregon, he was the first person I made friends with and that was 15 years ago, we had this major falling out about 6 months ago and I haven't seen him or talked to him since then, he was like a brother until his drug problems started becoming others problems and I tried pushing him into rehab and informed his family of his drug use. Quite a few of his friends tried. Now he talks to no one.
He's 27, lives at home with his mother who buys anything and everything he wants, he doesn't have a job but he collects a daily $40 allowance which goes to his opiates and pot.
We did everything together, went everywhere together, and he was a great friend who i spent a lot of great time with. wheelin, shootin, rock climbing and all sorts of outdoor adventures.
Now I'm solo on my adventures.

My advice is to forget the incident entirely and go on with your life. You are not under any obligation to do anything.

You are going to be setting yourself up for lots of problems and grief. First, you never want to interact with police if you don't have to, and in this case, you don't have to.

Your ex buddy sounds like a loon and a loon out on bail may want to come pay you and your little fiance' (getting married - why? - just don't!) a visit. The police won't protect you from him in any way. That isn't their job.
You may have a gun and a plan, but a person set on revenge, with nothing to lose in their mind, can ambush you and have every advantage. Maybe he'll rape your fiance' to get even; people do worse.

He will do the same BS to the next guy - let it be the next guy's problem. Perhaps you've watched a lot of TV shows where the person who does the right thing is applauded and cheered. Real life isn't like that son. Naive people get bented over and rammed, their lives put in disarray.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED and yes, you will be sorry for not just walking away and forgetting about your ex buddy; of course have nothing to do with him, avoid him going forward.

Most likely the above advice will be ignored and you will have to go through all kinds of crap because you wanted to get even or play the hero.

Please update us as to all the mistakes you made a few months down the road so I can get in an 'I told you so' - or maybe more than one.

My advice is to forget the incident entirely and go on with your life. You are not under any obligation to do anything.

You are going to be setting yourself up for lots of problems and grief. First, you never want to interact with police if you don't have to, and in this case, you don't have to.

Your ex buddy sounds like a loon and a loon out on bail may want to come pay you and your little fiance' (getting married - why? - just don't!) a visit. The police won't protect you from him in any way. That isn't their job.
You may have a gun and a plan, but a person set on revenge, with nothing to lose in their mind, can ambush you and have every advantage. Maybe he'll rape your fiance' to get even; people do worse.

He will do the same BS to the next guy - let it be the next guy's problem. Perhaps you've watched a lot of TV shows where the person who does the right thing is applauded and cheered. Real life isn't like that son. Naive people get bented over and rammed, their lives put in disarray.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED and yes, you will be sorry for not just walking away and forgetting about your ex buddy; of course have nothing to do with him, avoid him going forward.

Most likely the above advice will be ignored and you will have to go through all kinds of crap because you wanted to get even or play the hero.

Please update us as to all the mistakes you made a few months down the road so I can get in an 'I told you so' - or maybe more than one.

Dude, someone that minds their own business is far & few. Especially after they've been told by their masters to always involve them when they get a chance to. Mad Props.

"Sorry if you dont agree with what i have to ask, troll or not, least i didn't go kick his door down and shoot his mother and himself than burn down his house with them both inside like I REALLY wanted to."

WHAT????????

Lol. No kidding man. There are some things that just shouldn't be said, PUBLICLY.

This would be a awesome statement to defend yourself from if you ever find yourself in a civil or criminal trial. Threatening the murder of two people , than felony arson on a public forum.

Yeah... :eek:

I'm with Burt. Live and let live, except if your life is threatened. The police are not your friends and I wouldn't have involved them. You are fully within your rights to defend yourself if your life is threatened.

Then we get back to the comments about murder... sigh

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Had a gun pulled on myself and my fiance' this evening in a public parking lot by a sour person who once was a great friend. since our friendship has fallen through, he's really lost it and i dont trust him, specially after this incident.
He never fired any rounds, just aimed us down.
I reported the event to the local police and they tracked him down and took his handgun he pulled on us, but I'm really curious if he will be getting it back anytime soon if at all? he's a druggy, and a very depressed person and I dont trust him getting it back and not trying to do something stupid.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Josh

Absolutely file a complaint and press charges. Be the sheepdog. Also sit down and write some detailed notes about the situation. Who, what, when, where, why, how, etc. Include details about what he may have said as best you can remember. Describe the weapon, his threats, his actions, the location, lighting, distance from you, etc. Details, details. List any other witnesses if known. Describe others in the area. Mothers, children? Was the area well lit or dark. Was he close? How close? Include any statements or feelings your friend may have related to you then or later.

Have your friend do the same. Write them down now while everything is still fresh in your mind. Keep the documents where you can find them a year down the road when the case may come to trial. It doesn't have to be a written story, just detailed notes to refresh your memory at trial.

You have the right to file a formal complaint. Stay in touch with the DA. The police and/or the DA should have obtained any and all evidence relating to the incident, to include any video surveillance tapes that may exist. But I wouldn't depend on them to have done it. Ask. Ask the PO. Ask the DA. If need be call store security yourself and verify the existence of cameras in the area. If there are, the DA should issue (insist!) a subpoena for any tapes that may exist. Don't wait as the stores may not keep the tapes long before they re-use them. Offer to serve the subpoena yourself.

If you take no action against this guy, it just enables and strengthens him to do it again. Perhaps with a worse outcome the next time.

300px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

Sooooo....your friend pulls a gun on you and your girl...you call the cops....the cops find him, take his gun but let him go?.....Sounds very fishy!!!

not fishy to me. a month ago had a guy in the parking lot of my office saying he was going to stab a doctor in my clinic. Police were called and promptly put him on a bus back to Portland. That was how they dealt with it. Didnt even tell us his name so we know who to watch out for. AAANnndd people wonder why I carry.

I worked at a fred meyers, and the cameras used can apparently see everything in the parking lot and even across the road, with good resolution.

Good luck

lol!

They absolutely can not do this. Freddies has low resolution analog cameras only. Good quality for 450 lines of resolution though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top