Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun pulled on me at the store tonight, couple questions.. TIA

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by MoshuaT, Feb 28, 2013.

1. MoshuaT

MoshuaT Milwaukie Oregon New Member

Had a gun pulled on myself and my fiance' this evening in a public parking lot by a sour person who once was a great friend. since our friendship has fallen through, he's really lost it and i dont trust him, specially after this incident.
    He never fired any rounds, just aimed us down.
    I reported the event to the local police and they tracked him down and took his handgun he pulled on us, but I'm really curious if he will be getting it back anytime soon if at all? he's a druggy, and a very depressed person and I dont trust him getting it back and not trying to do something stupid.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    Josh

2. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

Since there is a police report and record, you could probably have the prosecutor press charges for brandishing a firearm - I'm not a lawyer, but what he did is pretty cut and dry if your story is true. Unfortunately it's not a charge that would probably land him in jail, and you run the risk of becoming a target even more-so by bringing charges. Dunno man, tough situation. A restraining order is the very least you should be doing, and it would probably keep him from getting his gun back.

3. Pepiot

Pepiot Oregon My other girl ^^^^^

Your first post on a gun forum is this? Why here? Call a friend buddy. I'm calling you a troll.

DMax, chariot13, Redcap and 7 others like this.
  4. thereddog

thereddog State of Jefferson Active Member

That is a bad deal, and it must have been pretty upsetting to you and your lady. What he did would more than likely authorize you to use deadly force to thwart him.
    Drugs are illegal, so he should be in jail for that already.

I think mancat is right on about the restraining order and I'd also start carrying (if you were not) and get your lady into doing the same after some training. It is your life, protect it.

Glad you guys are ok.

5. MoshuaT

No reason to lie, just looking out for our safety. More so, my freaked out fiance', but thank you for the tip, I've though about filing against him, but I've never been one of those go through the police kind of guys, specially calling the cops to help solve an issue like I did tonight, who knows.. Maybe I'm growing up or maturing..
    They took his handgun but not his rifles which also kind of concerns me, specially after pulling his handgun out in a crowd of people leaving Fred meyers the same time we were which around 7:30 is a pretty busy time of the day at the grocery stores with moms and kids all around.
    Your right, it did not land him in jail but the officer who called me to update me did say they were forwarding it to the DA. So do I contact them to press charges ? I really have no idea how this works..

6. thereddog

thereddog State of Jefferson Active Member

Press charges on that dude! You had a gun in your face! Screw your head on or get it blown off... Be well.

7. MoshuaT

Yep, I googled what were grounds for confiscation and it lead me to this site, i had questions that I wanted answers to by a community of informative people, not just a friend with "idea's"
    Is this not what a forum is for? Specially a public forum?

Sorry if you dont agree with what i have to ask, troll or not, least i didn't go kick his door down and shoot his mother and himself than burn down his house with them both inside like I REALLY wanted to.

8. Pepiot

No way!!

9. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

Yes press charges. Also, Fred Myer may have camera's in their parking lot, the DA should subpena them. Additionally it is against federal law to be a drug user and own a firearm.

10. Blaylocke

Blaylocke Lewis County Active Member

Ignore idiots who have no advice for you, MoshuaT. Everybody finds this forum a different way. Unhelpful jerks should just be blocked promptly.

Anyway, you've already gotten good advice. You may want to pressure a DA if in fact you want it to go forward. Sometimes they see things like this as small potatoes with other things on their plate. Either way, if he's a drug user, as said, he shouldn't own a firearm.

11. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Wouldn't this be assult with a deadly weapon, or Assult with intent? That is jailable. Press charges, they will confiscate all his weapons and charge him with a felony. I think? but then i got my law degree from a box of Corn PoPs...Or was it CrakerJack, I can never remember!!

carracer and (deleted member) like this.
  12. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

The prosecutor will likely contact you to ask if you would like to press charges, but this could be days or weeks from now depending on how the DA office is. I would say you're better off to call them and request it immediately if this is what you want to do.

As I stated before I'm not a lawyer, but I am friends with a few, and from the stories I've heard from them, many small county and municipal DAs are slow and lazy. You have to light a fire if you want to get something done.

13. davef

davef S.E. pdx Active Member

Wait...who's the troll??? sounds to me like a guy joined the forum cause he wanted some advice. hows that trolling?

look up the definition of "troll" and it will be very clear who's the troll.

Just sayin'

14. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

It would be menacing.

15. Pepiot

This should be locked!!!! quoting MoshuaT "least i didn't go kick his door down and shoot his mother and himself than burn down his house with them both inside like I REALLY wanted to" I'm dissapointed in everyone who responded to this guy positvely. lets just add more fuel to the fire.

Paravani and (deleted member) like this.
  16. MoshuaT

Im trying to be the better person and not the child i used to be and try to retaliate. I've matured and this is the first thing like this to come up in years for me, so yes, the old irresponsible me would have done things differently, but now, i have some one other than myself to look after. I'm trying to do the right thing by her and be mature about it.

this started by crossing paths with him inside the store, exchanging no contact, nor acknowledgement of each other, we just walked past him like he wasn't even there, walking out of the store he was waiting out front for us to exit the building sitting parked in his car literally right out of the doors, upon exiting the building i noticed he had his finger out the window flipping us off so i said bubblegum you to him, in return he pulls a gun out and points it out the window at us which was also in the direction of the inside of the store where a bubblegum ton of other people were shopping, if HAD of fired off any rounds and missed, the strays could of hit anyone in our line. There was already a shooting at the mall near me not that long ago by a guy who people described as a "chill dude" which this guy aiming at us once was as well. Not cool in my book.

17. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Take appropriate measures to defend yourself and let the police handle it. Get a restraining order. Call the DA. Consult a lawyer and just be real careful and aware.

18. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Sooooo....your friend pulls a gun on you and your girl...you call the cops....the cops find him, take his gun but let him go?.....Sounds very fishy!!!

kumabear17, Pepiot, nwdrifter and 5 others like this.
  19. krkruse

krkruse Salem area Active Member

I worked at a fred meyers, and the cameras used can apparently see everything in the parking lot and even across the road, with good resolution.

Good luck

20. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

"our right, it did not land him in jail but the officer who called me to update me did say they were forwarding it to the DA."

huhhhhh????