JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Technically, we elected an Oligarch but that's beside the point. As I said I do not expect him to start trying to ban guns but I am also not convinced he is the white knight of the firearms community.

People have voted. The GOP holds the majority in the house and senate and yet have we seen progress or movement on any of the issues near and dear to our hearts?

That's fine but again you are saying "him". I hear this from a lot of gun owners. "Him, he................". So again what is it people expect him to do? I think some need to watch that little cartoon from decades ago about Bill and how he is passed. POTUS does not do it. If Congress sends him something and he veto's it, well then people can say "I told you so". Right now they just seem to want to blame POTUS and again, what is it they expect him to do? We do not elect a King here. I hope more gun owners remember this midterm. The reason WA and OR have the laws they do is too many gun owners make excuses to not vote. This one is not good enough, this one is a liar, my vote does not count.........and on and on. So they stay home. Then scream about the liberal gun grabbers who win. :confused::confused::confused:

Technically, we elected an Oligarch but that's beside the point. As I said I do not expect him to start trying to ban guns but I am also not convinced he is the white knight of the firearms community.

People have voted. The GOP holds the majority in the house and senate and yet have we seen progress or movement on any of the issues near and dear to our hearts?
Not enough. We need reciprocity to move. It's not like democrats are going to hate us more. We should force it while we can.

Not enough. We need reciprocity to move. It's not like democrats are going to hate us more. We should force it while we can.
We still need to leave the Feds out of the concealed carry permit business. Just keep that out of your mind cause they will use it against us in the future;)
And any of y'alls that think anyone in DC,or any government for that matter, wants you to have guns,I think you may be naive.
But that's just me

1. It turns out I am a gun grabber. Since 2009
I've been grabbing one or two a year.
2. Either people stopped shooting each othe
or the media have moved on to other
things. Could their headlines been agenda
driven all along?

We still need to leave the Feds out of the concealed carry permit business. Just keep that out of your mind cause they will use it against us in the future;)
And any of y'alls that think anyone in DC,or any government for that matter, wants you to have guns,I think you may be naive.
But that's just me

I can certainly "see" you and others reluctance here with the Fed and CC. I just have always thought this should be like a Drivers license. I get one in the state I live in and I can drive in all. It just seems like my CPL should be the same. The arguments against it to me do not hold water. I hear some saying some states like WA do not make it hard enough. So some may carry and not really know how to use it well. When I drive I see MORONS all over the road who can't drive and have a license. The cars scare me a hell of a lot more than the people who carry.

Even in my little part of the world I have seen prices drop and a greater selection of firearms at stores and shows.
Heck, I am even seeing .22LR Ammo , both bricks and 100 round count boxes back on end caps... with no limits!

As for the "Why?" ... I am not sure.
But I am sure that one should get what they can or want while the pricing is better ... 'cause as we have seen it can go away.
( Or damn near ... )
Andy

I can certainly "see" you and others reluctance here with the Fed and CC. I just have always thought this should be like a Drivers license. I get one in the state I live in and I can drive in all. It just seems like my CPL should be the same. The arguments against it to me do not hold water. I hear some saying some states like WA do not make it hard enough. So some may carry and not really know how to use it well. When I drive I see MORONS all over the road who can't drive and have a license. The cars scare me a hell of a lot more than the people who carry.

You speak with much sense today wise one. ;)

Prices have been coming down (back to normal in my opinion) or companies have been doing some sort of rebate or special offer for their products or both lower prices and special offers.

So many folks are buying them up including me as I came home a few weeks ago with 4 more AR receivers that I really did not need or have a good use for but the deal was too good for me to pass up.

So prices are down and total sales are up for now but like some have said it will flatten out before too long as manufactures sell off the excess they had built/stocked up for the election.

I agree now is the time to get those spare parts for your AR or the upgrades you wanted as with this down turn many smaller companies may be going away or out of the parts business who only came about because of the high demand.

If you're a prepper or just want extra now is the time to get those AR Mags as they are back to the prices they were before the last 8 year gun panic as I have seen P-Mags for less than 10 and metal mags for 8 or less including shipping.

So my feelings are at least for the AR world is if you ever thought about getting one (or the second, third or maybe the 28th) or just upgrading one now is the time to do it as some of the prices are even lower now than what they were before the 8 year gun panic as well.

So if you see your dream gun at a price lower than ever before stop dreaming and get it because the next panic could happen tomorrow and you will regret not getting it. Its only money and you cannot take it with you in the end so enjoy it while you still walk the earth.

Guys we do not elect a king. The POTUS in under daily nuclear attack as it is. Even a lot of the GOP refuses to support him. What exactly would you like him to do? I have yet to see or hear him taking to the stump to call for banning anything, or restricting anything as we hear constantly from the Woman that so many wanted to see win. Are you all waiting for an executive order for this?
If you want to see anything rolled back and better yet better legislation remember to vote for it in the mid terms.
Good advice... vote for change.

Reciprocity is gonna be a bear due to the pesky 10A. Hard to say how or if the "full faith and credit" clause will enter into it. No matter what, it's going to be a complicated effort that won't get done with a pen and a phone call.

I would really like to see some movement on the HPA. I have every intention of buying a PPQ Navy (threaded barrel) before Walther's $100 MIR expires in September... I hope it's not fer nuthin'.

It's a great time to get into a 1911 or AR15.

Now is the time to buy guns and ammo.

Even if Trump isn't impeached, he won't be re-elected, and the 2018 Congressional elections will swing the pendulum to the left for sure. The balance between the two sides is close and it will only take a few seats in the House and Senate for the Dems to have their majority back. As it is, the GOP is having a lot of trouble getting votes to do anything non-trivial.

I am not sitting on my thumbs. Prices are down now, and availability up. That could change in less than 12 months once the 2018 campaigns start.

I'm more worried about what might happen in Oregon then anything at the Federal level.
Just hoping that all those restrictive gun laws in California don't show up here soon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top