Gun prices

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by joken, Jun 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. joken

joken
    Corvallis
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Got the Sportsman's Warehouse ad today. AR $399, Remington 1911 $449 with the $100 rebate from Remington. Gun manufacturers must be feeling the pain of nobama.

2. Cardoff

Cardoff
    Polk county

Wow.

3. Dyjital

Dyjital
    Albany, Ore
    Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Maybe it's time for A Remington 1911...

RB87, Flymph, ron and 7 others like this.
  4. Misteramax

Misteramax

Now and then, they have great deals. It's where I picked up my mvp predator in 308 for 399.

They are worth keeping an eye on with red tag sales.

partsed, DSAPT9, Alexx1401 and 2 others like this.
  5. Dyjital

Dyjital
    Albany, Ore
    Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Yeah it is a good place to find the clearance stuff. Like my $465 Rem 700 SPS Tac.. back when you couldn't find them for sub $650...

Darn you @joken!!

DSAPT9, joken, Goosebrown and 3 others like this.
  6. DuneHopper

DuneHopper
    Unity = Strength
    Never Surrender The Fight Bronze Supporter

Yep, seems that demand is no longer like it was last 8 years.
    Prices on some are steady , but on some are lower.
    Prices on Safes are going up slowly though.

DSAPT9, Alexx1401, EPS and 2 others like this.
  7. woody06

woody06
    Southern Oregon

It's nice knowing we have a friend in the White House. I'll take having gun manufacturers receive lower profits over worrying about more government restrictions on guns any day. Thank you President Trump!

8. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Wow I just talked to a friend at work he wants a 9mm hand gun wants me to help him find one I'll have to check out sportsman warehouse house

9. Alexx1401

Alexx1401
    Pierce County WA

People buying all those new guns need another safe now:eek::eek:

10. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

That's how it is everyone buying guns so they raise the price of the safe you need to keep it in

11. Alexx1401

Alexx1401
    Pierce County WA

This will bottom out here before long
    This will bottom out here before long. Now is a great time to grab. The manufacturing will slow down and let the market catch up. Some great deals right now because of the glut. Election caught a lot of people by surprise.

Aero Denezol, gryghin, Flymph and 3 others like this.
  12. Jonnyuma

Jonnyuma
    A Dirty Little Town in NW Oregon

I keep hearing about the Trump Slump in gun sales, and the prices, rebates and gear promos would appear to bear that out. Buuuut... everytime actual stats are reported I see that we're still breaking records. May of '17 had the highest number of gun sales of any May ever.

13. Alexx1401

Alexx1401
    Pierce County WA

I'm sure a lot of it is people jumping on the deals. The slump is more of a glut. Most expected the gun grabber to win. Obama had done a great job of creating a panic shortage. Manufacturers went on full tilt 24/7 trying to make the stuff people wanted. Election came and went, all of a sudden things changed. A LOT of places and people had laid in a good supply of stuff thinking price would rise. They started dumping stuff in the market. Price dropped like a rock. No doubt many are now buying at these prices. I don't need anything right now and I am having a hell of a time not running out and buying a couple new things at these prices.

14. cigars

cigars
    Beaverton, USA
    Cav Scout/Armorer/Cold War/Communist Borders Platinum Supporter 2016 Volunteer

So maybe there will be some bargains once again at the gun shows instead of the usual price gouging of late. Last time I went I just got some bags of candy for the kids from that booth run by that elderly couple.
    These days I'm just not interested in handing over my money for over priced AR's and AR accessories...

DSAPT9, Goosebrown and Alexx1401 like this.
  15. Wombat of Doom

Wombat of Doom
    Beaverton

I am seriously like a kid in a candy store. I have money now and while people were price gouging, I was broke...

Just ordered my Mossberg shockwave.

16. B3dlam

B3dlam
    Astoria, OR

I'll believe we have a friend when we start seeing actual gun friendly legislation pass. The hearing protection act for instance is still languishing. Or perhaps some movement on the campaign promise of national reciprocity.

But looking at his words from his book written in 2000 I wonder how much of his pro gun stance is grand standing to earn votes I wouldn't necessarily expect him to start trying to ban firearms but I am not sure he will truly be an advocate for positive change:
    “I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun,” -The America We Deserve

Kent763, ob1 and DSAPT9 like this.
  17. Alexx1401

Alexx1401
    Pierce County WA

Guys we do not elect a king. The POTUS in under daily nuclear attack as it is. Even a lot of the GOP refuses to support him. What exactly would you like him to do? I have yet to see or hear him taking to the stump to call for banning anything, or restricting anything as we hear constantly from the Woman that so many wanted to see win. Are you all waiting for an executive order for this?
    If you want to see anything rolled back and better yet better legislation remember to vote for it in the mid terms.

gryghin and DSAPT9 like this.
  18. Alexx1401

Alexx1401
    Pierce County WA

I quit the shows decades ago due to that. I hear some of the ones the WAC does here are better but have never tried. Last one I went to was during the great mag ban. Buddy gave me 2 new in wrapper M9 mags. I had a P-89 so went to one in Lakewood to see about a swap. Took seconds to find a guy who had what I wanted and jumped at the swap. Since I had paid I went for a look around and it was pretty sad looking. Just as you described. Over priced junk, and really over priced nice guns.

DSAPT9 likes this.
  19. B3dlam

B3dlam
    Astoria, OR

Technically, we elected an Oligarch but that's beside the point. As I said I do not expect him to start trying to ban guns but I am also not convinced he is the white knight of the firearms community.

People have voted. The GOP holds the majority in the house and senate and yet have we seen progress or movement on any of the issues near and dear to our hearts?

wired, Jonnyuma, DSAPT9 and 2 others like this.
  20. Goosebrown

Goosebrown
    Beaverton
    Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Having got one last week. Yes. It is time for one. Fishermans marine $399 after rebate.

ron, DSAPT9, Dyjital and 1 other person like this.