JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am finally getting somebody to ship me my gun powder. I've attempted to order it from Midway, Some other reloader online store, and now finally Natchez Shooting Supply. My midway order was canceled because though the showed that they had some in stock they evidential didn't and couldn't fill the order. Same story with the other reloading supply online store. Okay so I found another store that showed they had some in stock and ordered 4lb's. Amazingly with in a day or two I get a UPS tracking number from them Whooo Hooo!!! I click on the tracking link and this is what I get for a shipping notice...

Shipping Details
Status: PKG DELAY-ADD'L SECURITY CHECK BY GOV'T OR OTHER AGENCY- BEYOND UPS CONTROL / PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT BUSINESS DAY-NO SATURDAY GUARANTEE
Service: GROUND
04/17/09 10:17 PM PKG DELAY-ADD'L SECURITY CHECK BY GOV'T OR OTHER AGENCY- BEYOND UPS CONTROL / PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT BUSINESS DAY-NO SATURDAY GUARANTEE

:huh: What the heck is this!?!? Since when has the government been delaying powder shipments? What could they possibly be checking for?

Has anybody else received a UPS tracking notice like this before ever???

Well last night I emailed Natches asking if they new what it was about and I got this explanation...

UPS has never fully explained what this means. It does have to do with Department of Transportation regulations. If you would like more information, you may want to contact UPS by calling 1-800-PICKUPS, as we have no control over this matter.

Thanks,
Bob
www.Natchezss.com
1-800-251-7839

Weird!

All I know if I got something like that for something getting shipped to my house and I had anything I did not want anyone knowing anything about I would find another place for it to reside for a while. Not quite sinking the boat but i would def get it out over water if you know what I mean.

Steven

Well, I had allot of trouble getting some power pistol powder and I'd like to make bullets with it. Hard to do that if I put it out over water. I could possibly use it all up real quick and then put them over water but if it arrives!?!? I'll probably just use it up as I go like normal.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top