JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So?

That's where people are screwed up. They think their "freedom of speech" is protected on a website. It's not.

You are on a website that's owned by somebody and they have at will deletion and suspension available. Read the TOS.

It's a lot to do over nothing.

So they can have their shop full of people spewing anti gun political BS but they can't kick them out. That's how it would be if turned into fair play.

Nothing to see folks, move along. Making a mole hill into a mountain.

It has been argued for over half a decade that large monopolistic social media companies have become so integral to Americans that they should be treated as public utilities instead of private companies.

Facebook can do whatever they want, obviously. What bugs me though, is that they tout themselves as a platform for the free exchange of ideas across the globe, and a champion of free speech- they are super proud of the role they played (along with Twitter) in the whole Arab Spring movement - yet it seems that only applies to speech, ideas and actions that they agree with.
While I can get behind their policy of not allowing ISIS supporters to use Facebook as a recruiting tool, I think that deleting a page created by a company that sells gun parts, simply because they (Facebook)don't like guns is antithetical to the philosophy of a company that supposedly supports free speech and the open exchange of ideas.
Whatever though- they are allowed to do what they want. I personally give not 2 $h!ts about Facebook- I haven't even logged into my account there in like 6 months or something.

Facebook: 9 Parts stupid people repeating ignorant memes and distorted lies like shrill chicken littles, hoping that someone likes them.
One part sharing of ideas between people who may actually be friends.

So?

That's where people are screwed up. They think their "freedom of speech" is protected on a website. It's not.

You are on a website that's owned by somebody and they have at will deletion and suspension available. Read the TOS.

It's a lot to do over nothing.

So they can have their shop full of people spewing anti gun political BS but they can't kick them out. That's how it would be if turned into fair play.

Nothing to see folks, move along. Making a mole hill into a mountain.

More like turning an ant hole into a sinkhole.

I haven't even logged into my account there in like 6 months or something.
You should. They have almost certainly changed your privacy settings by now. This is why I deleted my account. I got tired of having to go in after every "improvement" to change my settings back to what I like. Forget them. They can go pound sand.

Not much I like about facelessbook, except for one thing. Seems almost every member of my family and extended family is on there and posting constantly and uploading photos.

Most of it I could care less about except for the news and post of my 4 mo old granddaughter that get posted by my son and daughter in law.

If I made gun parts the last place I would put up a page is facebook. The real question as I see it is what the heck is wrong with the firearms company for thinking a page about firearms on facebook is/was a good idea?

Knew a local gal that did custom leather work who had a business page on facebook, she made a post against a wa state gun initiative and was attacked by the supporters of the gun initiative. They succeeded in getting her page taken down and scaring this girl pretty badly with all kinds of threats. She was really freaked out over it.

I tried to talk to her about it but I was only a customer, not a friend and she did not really want to say too much. I told her look concerning this, you have plenty of friends, all of your customers and people around the community are going to support you, so try not to take these people too seriously. I could see she was pretty upset though.

Not much I like about facelessbook, except for one thing. Seems almost every member of my family and extended family is on there and posting constantly and uploading photos.

Most of it I could care less about except for the news and post of my 4 mo old granddaughter that get posted by my son and daughter in law.

If I made gun parts the last place I would put up a page is facebook. The real question as I see it is what the heck is wrong with the firearms company for thinking a page about firearms on facebook is/was a good idea?

Knew a local gal that did custom leather work who had a business page on facebook, she made a post against a wa state gun initiative and was attacked by the supporters of the gun initiative. They succeeded in getting her page taken down and scaring this girl pretty badly with all kinds of threats. She was really freaked out over it.

I tried to talk to her about it but I was only a customer, not a friend and she did not really want to say too much. I told her look concerning this, you have plenty of friends, all of your customers and people around the community are going to support you, so try not to take these people too seriously. I could see she was pretty upset though.
Does she still do custom leather work that we might appreciate?

I have a knife sheath that I need made for a bench made knife my son gave me a few yrs ago. Been thinking about looking her up and seeing if she still does leather work.

If I meet up with her and she is OK with putting her name online, I'll post about it.

It has been argued for over half a decade that large monopolistic social media companies have become so integral to Americans that they should be treated as public utilities instead of private companies.
Just what don't need is more government intervention. Don't like FB, don't go there.

I just resigned up after about 2 years since that's the only decent place around here to advertise guns for sale.
I'll have nothing to do with the rest of the BS

Don't forget there are actual laws protecting Facebook, twitter, and other social media companies shielding them from lawsuits. Pam Geller is currenting fighting those laws so they can be charged for discrimination lawsuits.

FB-Guns.jpg

Bookface, Two-ter, I stay away. All these people addicted to that crap, they will need Prozac if the power goes out for more than an hour. How did we ever manage before the interwebs came along?

Just what don't need is more government intervention. Don't like FB, don't go there.
Absolutely. After the fourth time I had to wade through the labyrinth of privacy and security options to set them BACK to where I wanted them, I messaged all of my friends and told them "It's not you, it's Facebook" and closed my account forever. I feel some pretty strong distain for them, going back well before their systemic bias came to the public eye. But I'm not going to petition big brother government to smite my enemies for me. That's not what they're for.

I have lots of friends on Facebook as well as many family members. Have shut it down a couple times but am looking forward to unplugging forever when I retire to the Festung Cascadia. I find it entertaining like this site but not nearly as enlightening. Plus I must admit to a twisted joy derived from piZZing off liberal friends. Plus the Dysfunctional Veterans page postings are almost always good for a laugh.

Brutus Out

Bookface, Two-ter, I stay away. All these people addicted to that crap, they will need Prozac if the power goes out for more than an hour. How did we ever manage before the interwebs came along?

From what little I've seen of Facebook and Twitter I get the feeling that many of the users must spend a lot of time looking at themselves in the mirror every day.....Smiling, cooing to their image of how important, cool and wonderful they are. And feeling a great satisfaction the their printed word is out there for ALL* to see.

Note, I said MANY, not ALL users. I do see the uses for families to keep in touch across distances.

* "All" meaning those that have given permission to Facebook and twitter to sell their information to the highest bidders.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top