JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well at least the interviewer and video weren't biased. J/K

The antis have got everyone to believe the NRA is powerful and lining pockets all the while knowing the millions they are pouring into politics and lies.

I congratulate them on finding the first Hipoint owner to be broadcast. They found him in Oregon, why not go for Bigfoot? This guy is as pro gun as Gabby Gifford. I understand his brother was murdered. Just be honest and say you're against guns. That makes sense. I for one could honor that opinion I just wouldn't agree.

Kids in the U.S. have been curious about firearms for as long as I have been on earth. Roy Rogers, Combat, John Wayne shows etc, but today they are exposed to both negative and positive media images of people that use firearms. IMO a little responsible open carry is a good thing. Let kids see that regular citizens use firearms for various legit purposes. It's not just cops, criminals, and gun nuts that carry!!!

Just a hunch, but I think the GOFRO guy wasnt even a gun owner to begin with....
I second that hunch. I just watched the vid and I am not convinced. His body 'language' and position when shooting appeared very tight and undisciplined - like someone shooting for the first time. I believe this was most likely a fabrication.

Last Edited:
I second that hunch. I just watched the vid and I am not convinced. His body 'language' and position when shooting appeared very tight and undisciplined - like someone shooting for the first time. This is/was a total fabrication.

I wont go so far as to say it was a "total" fabrication.... there are a lot of gun owners that don't know how to shoot properly, I don't think thats the point. I'm just suspicious he has been a gun owner for years as he claims or is trying to portray.

my impression is that his group is claiming that "gun owners" support gun control and he needs to own a gun to say hes a gun owner. Overall his target range and shooting wasn't that bad for a beginner, except when he swept his house with the muzzle after firing (1:07).
his choice in the HiPoint is what I call suspicious... good point on the new shooter behavior validates that with the fact that the HiPoint looks nice and new. I dont think he was a gun owner before he supported his cause, I think he bought the cheapest option only so he could support his cause.

Our good buddy Paul's statement on the Moms Demand Action site:
Paul Kemp, gun violence survivor: "I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and I also believe in sensible gun laws, like SB 941. I am here to speak on behalf of my sister Carla, and her late husband Steve Forsyth, who was shot in the back of the head and murdered at the Clackamas Town Center Mall on December 11, 2012…. I am here today because I am determined that something good will come of Steve's death, because I want you to know what gun violence does to families all across the state, and to say to you that you can help reduce gun violence by supporting SB 941. It has been more than two years since Steve's death, and this is now my third year that I have come before the legislature to testify in support of background checks legislation. I hope you will make it my last by passing SB 941."

Our good buddy Paul's statement on the Moms Demand Action site:

Paul Kemp, gun violence survivor: "I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and I also believe in sensible gun laws, like SB 941. I am here to speak on behalf of my sister Carla, and her late husband Steve Forsyth, who was shot in the back of the head and murdered at the Clackamas Town Center Mall on December 11, 2012…. I am here today because I am determined that something good will come of Steve's death, because I want you to know what gun violence does to families all across the state, and to say to you that you can help reduce gun violence by supporting SB 941. It has been more than two years since Steve's death, and this is now my third year that I have come before the legislature to testify in support of background checks legislation. I hope you will make it my last by passing SB 941."

He's a straight up anti (and probable liar). He keeps contacting the legislature in either in support of anti-gun bills and opposition to pro-gun bills. Both have numerous anti-gun talking points ........................

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Downloads/CommitteeMeetingDocument/66124
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015r1/Downloads/CommitteeMeetingDocument/73458
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2016R1/Downloads/CommitteeMeetingDocument/84932
Everytown, Oregon Moms Demand Action, Gun Violence Survivors and Oregon Alliance for Gun Safety Applaud Leadership of Majority Leader Williamson, Senator Prozanski and Governor Brown for Introducing 2017 Gun Violence Prevention Bill Package

Ray

Last Edited:
"Gun Violence" is a misnomer. Not one 'gun' has EVER done anything violent. Violence is a human trait, therefor, people have the ability to act on their feelings, not inanimate objects.

Gun violence claims over 33,000 lives a year in the U.S., but the idea of bolstering gun laws remains deeply divisive. After the Las Vegas shooting, 61 percent of Americans said they prefer stricter laws while 11 want fewer restrictions, according to Gallup. NewsHour Weekend Special Correspondent Joanne Jennings traveled to Oregon, where a group of gun owners say they want to find middle ground.

Referring to "middle ground"...Ayn Rand said it best, when she stated in her novel, Atlas Shrugged, "In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit".

Joe,
I just joined this forum yesterday. Poking around I just noticed the video you posted about the gun group wanting a middle ground for gun control. I knew I had to respond. While considering my response I read others reply to your post. There is nothing I can add to their thoughtful and eloquent replies. There is no middle ground!! Either you believe in the Second Amendment as written or you don't!
I have worked with the NRA on many fronts, but have also butted heads with them many times as well. They are currently blessing the bump stock ban! I am happy to be in a forum of true 2nd amendment supporters!

Its true, an armed citizen confronted that shooter who then killed himself.

He purposely didnt include that fact because it doesnt support their hidden anti-gun agenda. If you look on their web page "take the pledge"...

Pledge #4 says "I will support the rights of my fellow citizens to be free from intimidation by the open display of guns in public. I will avoid the unnecessary carrying of firearms in public, particulary in places where children are present"

Take the Pledge

They can pound sand with those pledges!!!:mad:
They are our enemy and do not represent Pro 2A Gun owners!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Gun violence claims over 33,000 lives a year in the U.S., but the idea of bolstering gun laws remains deeply divisive. After the Las Vegas shooting, 61 percent of Americans said they prefer stricter laws while 11 want fewer restrictions, according to Gallup. NewsHour Weekend Special Correspondent Joanne Jennings traveled to Oregon, where a group of gun owners say they want to find middle ground.

I guess if you want to count the roughly 40% of the 33,000 that are suicide. It's a number that the anti-gunners also ignore. How can government stop an unknown person from stealing a gun and committing a murderous deed in an unknown place at a unknown time, when they can't stop gang violence? There are a few things that can be done, but they don't involve NEW gun laws.

The anti-2nd groups are using their huge quantity of cash to create fake "Pro" gun groups and spokes people to try and create a false narrative...

for example;
they find some Loon to interview on a some prominent left leaning show/news program/video production/newspaper and say he's an expert and gun advocate and head of a fringe "gun association" or "trainer". His idiotic responses to these "interviews" become his credentials for further interviews and quotes on left leaning media. The gun cutting guy is one, that OR gun-owning group seems to be another.

and yeah.... some irresponsible gun owners produce videos etc that can make us look like buffoons too. So, in many ways, we're doing it to ourselves too.:mad:

I guess if you want to count the roughly 40% of the 33,000 that are suicide. It's a number that the anti-gunners also ignore. How can government stop an unknown person from stealing a gun and committing a murderous deed in an unknown place at a unknown time, when they can't stop gang violence? There are a few things that can be done, but they don't involve NEW gun laws.

Yep. An even more pertinent example than gang violence is jail/prison violence.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top