JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
‘Waning gun culture’ in U.S. may be myth

A well-known firearms researcher punched a pinhole in what may be one of the biggest myths being propagated by the gun prohibition lobby and repeated by the mainstream press when he noted today that the news media “ignore their own reports” that show gun ownership is increasing.

<broken link removed>

HOW MANY of you know someone who has bought a gun for the first time in the past 6 months?

HOW MANY of you know someone who has bought a gun for the first time in the past 6 months?

Just over 6 months, but within the last year. :) I don't think all those CPL applications and empty gun stores can only be attributed to existing gun owners renewing their CC permits and buying some additional firearms.

I hope so, I am flabbergasted that 676 was shot down in flames by the numbers it was....

if more initiatives about gun control are introduced in WA, we need to be on the ball, because King County will attempt to legislate the entire state.

In the past year, my wife, my daughter, my son, my son in-law, and two of my friends all not only bought guns but also a CCL. Talk to any gun shop owner, they all are seeing first time buyers.
Who believes the main stream media anymore?

I hope so, I am flabbergasted that 676 was shot down in flames by the numbers it was....

if more initiatives about gun control are introduced in WA, we need to be on the ball, because King County will attempt to legislate the entire state.

Don't forget Pierce an Snohomish counties, they have slowly been leaning the other direction, as was demonstrated in the last election.

In the past year, my wife, my daughter, my son, my son in-law, and two of my friends all not only bought guns but also a CCL. Talk to any gun shop owner, they all are seeing first time buyers.
Who believes the main stream media anymore?

Now if we can only steer away these new gun owners from the so-called "discount" gun stores/shops.

My nephew lives in Connecticut and just bought his first firearm two months ago. You can figure out why. He wanted to beat any laws prohibiting him from owing a handgun. Picked up a Kimber Eclipse Target II. Nice gun, but wish he would have talked to me first. He has a wife and two young children. Good for him on wanting to be prepared to protect his family. He already bought a gun safe to keep the kids safe. He is also taking some handgun safety classes and getting some training. He is doing it right.

I've been working for a local shop, and I'd estimate that about 40% of the people I've seen have been first time buyers. Since CTC & Sandy Hook, there has been a notable spike.

i had been talking to my girlfriend about getting a gun for a couple months when the ctc shooting happened and she was more than happy to have a weapon in the house. things like that go both ways, it increases gun ownership and the dumb people also try to put more restrictions on others.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top