Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun ownership NOT declining

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Dave Workman, May 16, 2013.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

‘Waning gun culture’ in U.S. may be myth

A well-known firearms researcher punched a pinhole in what may be one of the biggest myths being propagated by the gun prohibition lobby and repeated by the mainstream press when he noted today that the news media “ignore their own reports” that show gun ownership is increasing.

?Waning gun culture? in U.S. may be myth - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

HOW MANY of you know someone who has bought a gun for the first time in the past 6 months?

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Not me, but I did buy two Kimbers and an NAA in that time!

3. Botte Hork

Botte Hork Camas WA Well-Known Member

Just over 6 months, but within the last year. :) I don't think all those CPL applications and empty gun stores can only be attributed to existing gun owners renewing their CC permits and buying some additional firearms.

4. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

i bought a gun for the first time less than 6 months ago actually. im not new to guns but i am a new owner.

bigdadytid and (deleted member) like this.
  5. EMNofSeattle

EMNofSeattle Kitsap Active Member

I hope so, I am flabbergasted that 676 was shot down in flames by the numbers it was....

if more initiatives about gun control are introduced in WA, we need to be on the ball, because King County will attempt to legislate the entire state.

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I know a few new owners.

7. robertg

robertg Sandy Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

In the past year, my wife, my daughter, my son, my son in-law, and two of my friends all not only bought guns but also a CCL. Talk to any gun shop owner, they all are seeing first time buyers.
    Who believes the main stream media anymore?

8. vertical ascent

vertical ascent Vancouver Active Member

Don't forget Pierce an Snohomish counties, they have slowly been leaning the other direction, as was demonstrated in the last election.

9. vertical ascent

vertical ascent Vancouver Active Member

Now if we can only steer away these new gun owners from the so-called "discount" gun stores/shops.

10. RBid

RBid Wilsonville, OR Well-Known Member

I've been working for a local shop, and I'd estimate that about 40% of the people I've seen have been first time buyers. Since CTC & Sandy Hook, there has been a notable spike.

11. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

My nephew lives in Connecticut and just bought his first firearm two months ago. You can figure out why. He wanted to beat any laws prohibiting him from owing a handgun. Picked up a Kimber Eclipse Target II. Nice gun, but wish he would have talked to me first. He has a wife and two young children. Good for him on wanting to be prepared to protect his family. He already bought a gun safe to keep the kids safe. He is also taking some handgun safety classes and getting some training. He is doing it right.

12. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

My buddy picked up a px4 a few months ago. Then got his cpl a few weeks later. I may or may not have brought him to the "dark" side.

13. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

i had been talking to my girlfriend about getting a gun for a couple months when the ctc shooting happened and she was more than happy to have a weapon in the house. things like that go both ways, it increases gun ownership and the dumb people also try to put more restrictions on others.