JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Direct quote from the General Social Survey - Study Description:
"For the baseline items in the initial survey, some 150 social scientists reviewed drafts of the questionnaire, suggested revisions and additions, and expressed their preferences by vote. Topic and question selection is monitored annually by a Board of Overseers, composed of distinguished social scientists. "

ROTLLMAO, social scientists?? better yet - distinguished social scientists!!! LOL
These people are not scientists. These individuals are about as much close to being scientists as a sanitation engineer is to a real engineer.
That was too funny. .. OK, I'm going back to read the rest of the description. I'm sure I will have more laughs.

.. back from reading he rest of it. Nothing much in it as far a useful and detailed description of the methodology used. The description is mostly full of self-aggrandizement.

When I worked for the State one of our favorite things was to take the new "Engineers" with their Master Degrees, EIT's and PE licenses and show them what worked and didn't in the REAL WORLD!! It was fun to watch them try and explain why something should work (but didn't) then we'd show them what their sheepskin REALLY MEANT and how worthless it was. Took us about two years to retrain them.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION law abiding gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

This new member must be lying.....as are all the new members who have posted they are new to gun ownership.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/new-member-introductions/58064-another-one-got-bug.html#post411742

Another one got the bug

Howdy. After 15+ years of non handgun ownership and 10 years in the PNW I've got the bug, and I'm afraid I've got it bad. It used to be my wife would cringe every time I headed out to the music store for fear I'd bring home another guitar, but now every time I come home after a "trip to home depot" I get frisked and patted down as I walk in the door. I think it's time for a secret credit card and a gun safe in the garage.

Back east I used to have some favorite outdoor free spots to shoot, so I came across this site looking for ideas of where to go close in around Portland. I figure membership always has its privileges, so here I am.

I think they would also find that domestic violence was down if they did a poll asking " Do you beat your wife?"

Or to make it go up:
"Have you quit beating your wife?"

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Quote from NRA's latest ---

Gun Ownership Skyrockets, While Violent Crime Drops...Again

This week, the FBI estimated that the number of violent crimes decreased 5.5 percent from 2009 to 2010, including a 4.4 percent decrease in the number of murders. Because the U.S. population increased during the period, the figures imply that the total violent crime per capita rate and the murder rate decreased more than six percent and five percent, respectively. Based upon the preliminary data, it appears that violent crime fell to a 37-year low and murder fell to a 47-year low. The FBI will report final figures for 2010 later this year.

We're repeating ourselves, but, as has been the case for quite a while, the decrease in crime coincided with an increase in the number of privately owned guns—particularly handguns and detachable magazine semi-automatic rifles. For example, Americans bought over 400,000 AR-15s in 2009, and trends in AR-15 sales over the last few years suggest a similar number for 2010.

Those who have followed the gun control issue for a few years probably have noticed that with crime declining and gun numbers rising year after year, gun control groups have all but abandoned their previously perennial claims that more guns equal more crime. Even their friends in the news media don't believe it anymore. The Violence Policy Center and, breaking with past habit, the Brady Campaign didn't even try to claim that the decrease in crime in 2010 was attributable to gun control.

New gun owner here (Rock Island Armory 1911A1 .45 and a Taurus PT92B-17) and guess who I'm voting for! Sorry, no Mitt Romney in my voting booth! ;-) Should be picking up an AR-15 soon as well. The lady agrees with me, too! Welcome to the age of liberal gun-owners! I actually know quite a few. As someone has stated earlier, statistics can be manipulated to say anything you want. As long as I can buy and keep what I want, who cares?

New gun owner here (Rock Island Armory 1911A1 .45 and a Taurus PT92B-17) and guess who I'm voting for! Sorry, no Mitt Romney in my voting booth! ;-) Should be picking up an AR-15 soon as well. The lady agrees with me, too! Welcome to the age of liberal gun-owners! I actually know quite a few. As someone has stated earlier, statistics can be manipulated to say anything you want. As long as I can buy and keep what I want, who cares?

You might want to check what happened to your choices of available firearms when Bill Clinton was in office.

You might want to check what happened to your choices of available firearms when Bill Clinton was in office.

I'm pretty comfortable with my choices at the moment, and the available options that came with the AWB expiration. I do agree that if those choices go away I'll be disappointed, although not horribly inconvenienced. I shoot for fun at the range, and that's pretty much it. I do understand others' paranoia, but I also feel that a lot of it is overreaction. That's just me, however. Do as thou wilt!

I'm pretty comfortable with my choices at the moment, and the available options that came with the AWB expiration. I do agree that if those choices go away I'll be disappointed, although not horribly inconvenienced. I shoot for fun at the range, and that's pretty much it. I do understand others' paranoia, but I also feel that a lot of it is overreaction. That's just me, however. Do as thou wilt!

Correct me if I'm wrong but your statement leads me to beleive that you are will to compromise and give up some of your choices and rights?

Correct me if I'm wrong but your statement leads me to beleive that you are will to compromise and give up some of your choices and rights?

You are, actually. I do not collect and fire guns for any other reason than I enjoy it. I do not hunt (or even eat meat!), I do not expect ever needing one for home defense (but let's not quibble about that either, this is my feeling and I'm sticking with it). We can really leave that particular can of worms closed.

I like guns for the machines that they are, and I assign them (as objects) no political affiliation or ideology, and frankly find people who do to be rather limited in their mindset (I mostly see people who are afraid of guns doing this, but it can swing both ways).

I also really like the Giger piece you have in your sig (his poem 'Wir Atomkinder' is where I've adopted my handle from).

WOW, well good luck here on a Gun forum Atomkinder. You do know that we love guns and have read the constitution right? Anyways, good luck.

WOW, well good luck here on a Gun forum Atomkinder. You do know that we love guns and have read the constitution right? Anyways, good luck.

Why do you assume that I don't feel the same about them, and have not read the Constitution? Your reply confuses me.

At any rate, I mainly joined to see what people were selling, get opinions on guns that I know nothing about (which is most of them thus far), and find places to shoot that won't ask me to pay a lot, because I don't have a lot to pay. So far I've been satisfied with all three, and I'm learning a lot about the subject that I came here for. So yes, I'm grateful this resource is here, regardless of what its users think of me! :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top